• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

First video game console you bought with your own money?

The first game I bought with my own money is Pok?mon White for my DSi :)

The first console I brought was the Wii. I brought it secondhand for a cheap price with all the accessories, but I remember spending all the money I had on it :p

my switch

most of my consoles were either gifted/bought for me but I bought the switch with my own money that I earned
sort of makes me take more care of it so I guess its a good thing

I remember it was the summer after sixth grade, I must've been about 12 years old maybe? I just had my birthday and I got a decent amount of money and I really wanted an Xbox 360 so I bought a used one off eBay. It came with like three games but the only good one was COD: World at War. It had a problem freezing during multiplayer so my father tried to fix the problem (he's very handy) but somehow he accidentally broke it. He felt bad for me so he bought me a newer one which I was eternally grateful for :)

I bought my 3Ds XL with my own money a few years ago while I had a summer job. Was totally worth saving up for.

Nintendo 64 for me, got it off eBay a few years back for 40 bucks. Had (and still have) a Wii, and 3ds before that, but those were given to me and my brother

Probably the Nintendo DS Lite, bought it in 2007 and last me a good 4 years the least before I had to replace it.

Pink Nintendo DS Lite! I loved that thing.

31qehcy%2B8QL.jpg

My gamecube, got it for $40 with the intent of buying Super Mario Sunshine, never ended up happening though :/

My New 3DS XL! Here in my country it very expensive so I work a lot and bough it :). Till the day I don't regret!

A New 3ds xl :) I had a old 3ds before, but since Pokemon Sun and Moon were coming out I felt like I needed to upgrade...so I worked hard at a supermarket (lmao) and finally saved up for it :)

The Wii U. It was after I had dropped out of university and was only working. At my job we had a discount for working on Black Friday (*coughThanksgivingcough*) and I always bought big electronics then. lol

When I was 7 I bought Spyro Orange GBA for €2 at a schools flea market (along with a marilyn manson CD lol)

......Edit: REad the thread wrong lol..

My first console to buy was a 2DS in 2015

Last edited:
3DS XL Pokemon X version. Bought it to play Pokemon X of course ; v;

Back