First video game console you bought with your own money?

I bought my first ds lite, it was the dark pearl pink color. I remember my mom taking me to the store to get it, she told me if I could save enough money to get it she would buy me a game to go with it. I've bought most of my own consoles, except the wii but that was for the family.

I bought the original silver DS with my own money (aka the birthday/Christmas money my family gave me) when it came out. The game I bought with it was Pokemon Dash, which ended up being pretty disappointing for me because it bored me.

Pretty sure it was the New Leaf 3DS XL
791b95b2-46dd-47d8-8fab-282eee9442b6_1.576c8f9c7a6018835f3f3f0caa4c8c25.jpeg

MIyu4oK.png
Although I very vaguely remember buying my GBA SP back when that was still new and relevant, but I'm not sure if I bought the system itself, the warranty for it, a game, or my case (if I did buy anything at all). Or maybe it was a split cost thing, idk.

First system I bought with my own money was a 3DS a few years ago. The second I bought was a Wii U, not brand new though. I mostly bought it so I could play Splatoon with my brother in Wi-fi

I bought my Yoshi edition 3DS XL with my own money. I'm used to being poor AF, and still pretty much am, so that was a huge deal to be able to get it. Aaaaand then a few months later the *~*new*~* 3DS was announced. I could have traded in and gotten the new 3DS for a discount, but by that point, I was too attached to the lil' cartoon Yoshi.

The first console I bought with my own money was a Coral Pink Nintendo DS Lite, followed by a Playstation 2.

Well technically the original Nintendo, back when it first came out. I'm 32, turning 33 in November so keep in mind I'm an oldie hehe. Now when I say technically, I say that because my brother and I did a lot of house chores and saved up the cash we earned to get the original Nintendo. Same with the Super Nintendo and Nintendo 64. After that though, the first ACTUAL console that I had bought with money that I had worked for and not earned by chores, would have been the very first xbox console, made in 1998 I think from memory?

I think it was the ps2 for ffx, the rest of them i either got for my bday or christmas

Back