• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

No more snow!

NinelivesBobcat

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
January Birthstone (Garnet)
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
The snow is gone (if your town is on Saturday 25th February that is)! Do you miss the snow or are you glad it's gone? Personally, I'm glad it's gone. I was getting sick of seeing it for like 3 months and now I can have a proper tropical looking town due to the grass being back. In the GCN game, I will admit that the early spring grass is a bit to bright/saturated, but it eventually tones down. New Leaf however seems to fix this problem by having the grass not as bright or saturated. When there was snow, I felt like I just couldn't get anything done. Now that the snow is gone, the game feels more refreshing and I feel like I could do anything.

Last edited:
I'm happy it's gone, too bad I wont be able to enjoy having grass for a while until I get my last villager moved in cause I have everything blocked off but I am still super happy for it!

I'm so happy to see that snow is finally gone! I didn't really like it after the first few days, so it's really nice to see the grass grow back.

Now that the grass is back, I daresay that I'll be playing ACNL much more. I much prefer the grass, clearly lol ...

I'm glad the snow is finally gone! I can go easy on tt'ing and play more on the actual time.

I finally got some more inspiration to work on Novis so that is great for me! I didn't realize how much I didn't like the snow until today, because paths have been laid, trees planted and flowers re-arranged.

I have to do catch-up on my other towns but I think skipping the days will be fine, really don't wanna go back to winter (although winter in RL would be nice).

yay i might go back to playing again
i always seem to reset or stop playing when the snow comes :p

Now I can start landscaping in my other towns again. :blush:

I do like the snow initially but after a while it becomes somewhat monotonous.

I like all seasons, however like any season; they come good as well as the bad so like you end up going through some of the season wishing it was the next one already.

I was really excited for snow but I got over it after New Year, I'm excited for spring now! :D

Last edited:
i'm glad it's gone! i really like the look of early winter on animal crossing but after a few weeks the white ground gets a little boring. imo all the green tones in the grass during spring and summer are really pretty, even though they don't match my white flowers very well :c

Last edited:
my absolute favourite season is spring, so i'm excited to have this grass colour until april... it matches my forest-y town so well

I didn't mind the snow because at the bottom of my town looked very nice with it, however I hate how many gyroids there were and winter gets boring after a while. The only thing I'll miss is the camping igloo.

While I will miss the snow and the auroras in the night sky, the fresh green grass is quite a welcome change. c:

All the green is beautiful! I also now have something to keep me occupied in AC:NL today: re-pathing Canaan.

I'm extremely pleased that the snow is gone. I did like the snowmen, but I'm not going to miss having snow everywhere instead of the lovely green grass and tree tops.

I feel as i'm the only user on here that actually loves the snow. I'm gonna miss it so bad. :(

But at least I get to see my favorite grass pattern.

Last edited:
I loved the snow! Having people visit me for Snowman bingo, getting all the other Snowman items, and making footsteps!

Although I have only been playing since last december, so I do need the fish and everything in the other seasons:D I just love Animal Crossing;)

QVGFohY.jpg
In celebration of the grass returning,the town of Quackle is dedicating this modern bench and it shall be known as The Official Grass Returning Modern Spring Bench of Quackle...hmm,gotta work on that title.

Back