• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What is your favorite anime/manga series?

It's been a while since I've watched or read anything new but I'd say my favourite anime is Serial Experiments Lain and my favourite manga is Oyasumi Punpun

My favourite anime are Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Clannad and Mirai Nikki. ^^

I don't have a favourite manga cause I barely read them.

*narrator voice* Fullmetal Alchemist *whoooshing sound effect* Fullmetal alchemist

Death note is a close second for me, but that goes downhill about halfway through.

Anime: Konosuba
Manga: Koe no Katachi (can't wait for the movie to be subbed omg)

i didn't see FMA and FMAB until i was 20 years old and honestly... i felt bad for child-me. he would have loved it

Manga: Koe no Katachi (can't wait for the movie to be subbed omg)

seconding this. certainly the best recent manga I've read

and just about 3 more months until I can see the film. hopefully I somehow manage to refrain from cracking open the keyframes collection book before I get to seeing it though

(also, I mean the film is already subbed. there's just no home video release yet)

Sailor moon and puella magi madoka magica!
I have other favourite anime/manga series, but I love these two

Kagerou Project, Erased, Noragami, Haikyuu, HunterXHunter. I was a bit into Naruto but I stopped watching it because I had no track of what was going on anymore, but it was still good

My top favorite anime and manga series is Rurouni Kenshin.
A few others I've enjoyed are Durarara, Magi, From Far Away, FMA: Brotherhood, Tokyo Ghoul:re, and Steins;Gate.
If manhua counts, then I'll add Red Storm and Song of the Long March to the list as well. :p

Ah dood I'm such a sucker for slice of life anime. I discovered my love for those recently thanks to:

Himouto! Umaru-chan, Ore Monogatari!!, Kimi Ni Todoke, Gourmet Girl Graffiti, Ao Haru Ride

SO GOOD

Favorite manga has gotta be D.Gray-man than followed by Yotsuba.

Ahhh I just have so much love for D.Gray-man and everything about it, the characters, the story (which is really starting to go places!), and the CHARACTERS!
Yotsuba is just a cute slice of life manga, normally I read it when I'm feeling down and it cheers me right up.

I really want to read Berserk though, but the manga is expensive and I don't like reading it all with online scans because the translations aren't always great.

*narrator voice* Fullmetal Alchemist *whoooshing sound effect* Fullmetal alchemist

honestly, what's better than this. just alchemists being alchemists.

fma just has the deep morally grey questions i love with the genuine stupidity of humans that i relish. stellar world building too

i found beserk overly s3xually violent towards women, whomp.

FLCL, Cowboy Bebop and Bleach. All of them equally probably. Theyre just the few anime that ever like, clicked with me. They heavily affected my taste in things as well, like FLCL made me love the Pillows.

Last edited:
Back