What's one thing you absolutely loathe?

Same. I have a friend whom I have known for about 9 years, and I don't want to sound condescending but I'm the best friend she has. Her other friends say mean things, are disrespectful to their parents, do whatever they want, swear all the time, do drugs, etc. and she chooses to hang out with them more often. I am a straight-A student in HS and I am getting a full ride to the college of my choice. I really wish she would at least look at the path I've taken, and see where it has taken me,

Yeah man it sucks. But there's only so much you can do. Hope for the best I suppose!

When a cockroach gets squished... the sound it makes! :x

I really hate when my friends think that my problems and opinions are invalid just because I'm skinny. Once, someone flat out called me anorexic (didn't ask if I was, just stated that I was) and when I told my friend, she told me to stop complaining and that I was lucky. Yeah, I get that to her being skinny is the best body type, but I'd prefer not to be told I have an eating disorder when I really don't.

Another thing, I hate how everyone is trying so hard to seem like they're underprivileged. IT'S NOT A CONTEST. Everyone has issues, everyone has problems, everyone has insecurities, but stop trying to make yourself seem less privileged than you really are. There's this whole group of kids at my school who try to make themselves seem underprivileged to "make up for" the fact that they're white. First of all, why should anyone have to make up for their race? And second, being underprivileged does not make you a better person, it doesn't change who you are in any way. I am extremely privileged, I grew up in a great neighborhood, my parents had enough money to treat me to vacations, toys, etc, and I never really had any problems in school. I just want to tie these two things I loathe together by saying that I HATE when people's opinions and problems are invalidated when they are privileged in any way. It's as if people are striving to be underprivileged like it's a good thing? It's just taking away the meaning of the word for people who actually ARE underprivileged.

-The sound of scratching a fork against a plate. Just thinking about it makes me shudder.
-When people think they're entitled to everything.

As another user has said, one of my biggest pet peeves is when I see people wasting their potential. I have a friend who is so insightful and creative and smart but he's so damn lazy and just doesn't want to do anything to reach his goals. It's absolutely infuriating.

When commentators of news networks put bias in their reporting.

I really hate when my friends think that my problems and opinions are invalid just because I'm skinny. Once, someone flat out called me anorexic (didn't ask if I was, just stated that I was) and when I told my friend, she told me to stop complaining and that I was lucky. Yeah, I get that to her being skinny is the best body type, but I'd prefer not to be told I have an eating disorder when I really don't.

Another thing, I hate how everyone is trying so hard to seem like they're underprivileged. IT'S NOT A CONTEST. Everyone has issues, everyone has problems, everyone has insecurities, but stop trying to make yourself seem less privileged than you really are. There's this whole group of kids at my school who try to make themselves seem underprivileged to "make up for" the fact that they're white. First of all, why should anyone have to make up for their race? And second, being underprivileged does not make you a better person, it doesn't change who you are in any way. I am extremely privileged, I grew up in a great neighborhood, my parents had enough money to treat me to vacations, toys, etc, and I never really had any problems in school. I just want to tie these two things I loathe together by saying that I HATE when people's opinions and problems are invalidated when they are privileged in any way. It's as if people are striving to be underprivileged like it's a good thing? It's just taking away the meaning of the word for people who actually ARE underprivileged.

I agree. I don't want to say that I am underprivileged, because my parents always make sure I have everything I need, but my mom has been pretty much completely physically disabled for the last 5 years, so we live on a 2-week income from my dad. They can't always buy the stuff I need. We have never taken a vacation as a family. Sometimes we have absolutely nothing to eat. And the depression in our family has actually gotten a lot worse. I worry about my mom constantly, because she has a lot of other health issues. I also worry about my dad because he has really high blood pressure but has refused to see a doctor.

But I'm grateful for the things I have do have. I never take anything for granted, especially stuff like food, soda, laundry soap, water, electricity, heat, shampoo and conditioner, etc. I've worked really hard on my education, and my college tuition is completely paid for by scholarships, so I'm hoping that I can make a better life for myself, and maybe even my parents.

Here's a pet peeve of mine: when someone has everything they could ever want and doesn't appreciate any of it. Like how dare they. People who are just like "oh yeah we're gonna have some oven roasted chicken with sweet potatoes and green beans. How about you?" to which I would reply: oh just ramen noodles. :p

When I give out advice but I don't follow that same advice.

People who complain about people acting immature and they are actively acting immature, yeah.....check yourself.

Back