• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Writing letters to villagers

I'm trying to earn the badge and I just write random words. I wish there were more rewards for actually writing letters, because I find it pointless. :(

If I am trying to gain friendship you can say things like best friend, and love and stuff and I think it increases your points, I'll type funny stuff for the first one, like I think for like Muffy I wrote that we needed to do a clothes swap since we're both goth goddesses. But I feel bad just typing random characters. I think it's more points if you fill the letter too, instead of just writing one line.

I usually send them gifts like perfect fruit but I never write something gibberish. If I see they have bad furniture I'll try and get them to replace it with a new one, like Diana had a kiddie bed and I replaced it with a minimalist bed.
I once sent over 100 letters in a day but it didn't work. I didn't even get the bronze badge.

I'm just too lazy to write letters. It's not like my villagers are bothered either (except in the GCN game). Besides, it seems that I've already maxed out my friendships with all of my villagers.

I normally write things like, "I hope you like this (insert item or shirt here)! I thought it'd look good in your house/on you!" I normally just send it when I think they'd look good in something or if something would look good in their house. I send a letter maybe once a week.

If I'm sending a villager an item I usually explain how I found this just it for them. If it's just a letter, I write a thought or perhaps a problem I'm having.

I write legitimate letters to my villagers, though they sometimes vary in lengths. I know you only see the first, but writing plain gibberish just seems rude. I'll write letters such as:

"Hello. The wind is very blustery today. Would you care to join me in flying a kite? I hope you say yes. Take care!"

"Wow, have you seen the sky? The stars are beautiful tonight. We should go for a midnight stroll and admire them together."

"Hello. How are you? Today the weather is perfect. Perhaps we should go on a picnic. I'll bring apple pie."

"I feel tired. Perhaps I will sleep soon. Naps are wonderful."

"Hello. I went shopping on Main Street today and found you the perfect gift. This outfit really suits your style."

I remember writing them letters (and gifting them with any kind of fruit) when I need to complete the "Pay it forward" initiative. But recently, I just address the letter to one of my alt characters saying "for you" because I might accidentally give my villagers random furniture/clothing that could end up with them displaying it inside their houses XD

I used to send each of my villagers letters every day, but I started to realize the replies were generated... lol they never answered any of my questions. So I eventually just started sending them random letters like "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa how u doin c" and I still got generated replies. But if you want all the medals, send them a bunch of random letters

I always figure there's key words that stick with them so I don't write sentences really I just write like friend love happy gift haha

I usually write letters to thank them when we made a trade of items that I didn't want, they offered to pay me Bells for furniture or items I didn't want, and just sending them them letters as if they were actual penpals. I also will add gifts if I'm feeling generous or if I have no use for the furniture and don't want to sell them. I always try to write meaningful letters since it makes the experience a lot more fun than being obligated to sit down and write a letter per se if that makes sense.

aha...i swear every letter ive written just says something like "lets hang out sometime!", "i love you so so so so so much!", or "how have you been?" and then i just go to the symbols keyboard and tap a bunch of stars and shapes. i heard somewhere that villagers will like you more if you put some of those shapes in your letter.

I try to write letter after visiting a villagers house. Sometimes a new piece of furniture or plant goes in the letter.
Also like to reply to their mail that they sent and send a thank you for staying in the town letter. Others I invite to go dancing or for a homemade meal.

Sometime my extra players have fun with letters the villager send. For the crossword puzzle I write What is a 3 letter word starting with R and is a color?

I don't always respond to letters unless it's a letter worth responding to. Letter writing is so hard to keep up with for me. But when I do write, I usually write to them like I would a real person, 'cause it's more thoughtful and not as embarrassing when they show off those letters to others. lol

I try to write to all my villagers at least every week, and I'm kinda embarrassed about it, haha. I talk to them like real friends, and I kinda fear people visiting my town talking to my villagers because of the letters I send them. I really love my villagers, it just makes me feel happy writing letters to them. :blush:

Back