• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Writing letters to villagers

Nekoneko

黒猫
Bells
Do you write something every time? Or are you like me and just type random characters for each one? I'll usually do something special for the first one, since they show it off, but after that I just tap a few letters and be done.

Well in Wild World there used to be a guide of tips to writing letters to increase friendship with villagers and get presents back s I'm used to writing "You're my favorite neighbor! I love love love love love love you! " Cheesy but it helped me get so many pictures in a short time span! Don't know if the same is true for new leaf but I still do it from time to time!

to get the gold letter medal i wrote the minimum two lines each time, so a long scream of "Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" was used there, but if i'm writing to a villager i'll write a proper little life update to them.

I always write an actual letter, though when I'm trying to get them to change out of a garish shirt, it might be something like "Why won't you cooperate with the mayor's requests? Do you just enjoy getting daily letters?" I always make them at least four lines long, too. I don't like the feeling of being callous or flippant towards my villagers, so I wouldn't just send random characters. What's the point of playing a game where I pretend to be friends with Zell the deer if I'm not going to pretend to be friends with Zell the deer, you know?

I actually write coherent things in letters. Usually trying to funny or witty. I don't write letters much anymore, but I used to write to all my villagers at least once a week in the early months of having the game, lol.

I usually write a random thought I'm having at the moment. Like how I have to go grocery shopping, or if I just got back from walking with my dog.

Because they DO show off the letters, it's best not to embarrass yarself by sendin' a letter that's written in Wingdin's.
Just 2 sentences fills up around half the letter, so it's really not a lot of effort to look half decent.

It depends, sometimes for their first letter I send them a "Welcome to town, I hope you love living here" and when they are moving out I send them a "Goodbye for now, I hope you find a new home" Everything in between those are messages like "HI HOW ARE YOU" or me calling my villagers random nicknames.

It just seems likes so much work if you're sending every single villager a letter every single day while trying to get their pictures.

It just seems likes so much work if you're sending every single villager a letter every single day while trying to get their pictures.

The worst part is when ya try to get'em to wear decent clothes instead of the potato sacks they decide to wear from time to time. :(

Most of my letters are somewhere along the lines of "Here's something nice for your house. Hope you like it!" though sometimes I'll write something cute or silly- the other day I asked Carmen how big her secret stash of Thin Mints was XD

The worst part is when ya try to get'em to wear decent clothes instead of the potato sacks they decide to wear from time to time. :(
I knooooooow! Iv'e sent letters with cloths saying "FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY, WEAR THIS" haha

I used to write to them a lot but I've realized they don't do anything significant so right now, I just write to them if they accidentally changed clothes and mail them the original but that doesn't happen often.

Whenever I write a letter, I just actually write it, but it makes me write a few letters only. Like 5 letters every week. but I guess I'm too emotional XD. Well, I do care about mah villagers, but it also looks good when they show it off, and gives me a better chance of getting their picture. Basically I feel guilty if I would just spam them letters. But I mean if I don't like the villager, I would probably do that. XD Anyway, yup, I LOVE RUDY XD

I usually say something simple like
"a gift for you! -Love Mayor"
or "Saw this and thought of you -Love Mayor-
For the villagers I really love **wolfgang and stitches** i usually write longer letters

Wait what? You can put in random letters...? In the old games as a kid if you did that or didn't use good grammar and keep words together the villagers would reply and be angry and ask if you were speaking in code hah hah.

Wait what? You can put in random letters...? In the old games as a kid if you did that or didn't use good grammar and keep words together the villagers would reply and be angry and ask if you were speaking in code hah hah.

nope, you can just put whatever

Back