Using two 3DS's for same cartridge?

Nekoneko

黒猫
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
I have two copies of the game and two 3DS systems. I was under the impression that the game is saved to the cartridge, so if I used the same game on two different DS's, it would be fine. But when I try and play my town in the second 3DS, my town doesn't show up. It just says 'New Save File'. I was hoping to use the second 3DS to visit between my towns...

That's really weird. I play on multiple 3DS's all the time and have no problems. Wish I could be of some help but I have no idea.

Have you ever done anything.....out of the ordinary? I have never hacked, but it is my understanding that some hacking-related information might be stored on the SD card, in which case a different 3DS might not be able to access the save file? Just a guess, though! I really have no idea; that's so strange.

Have you ever done anything.....out of the ordinary? I have never hacked, but it is my understanding that some hacking-related information might be stored on the SD card, in which case a different 3DS might not be able to access the save file? Just a guess, though! I really have no idea; that's so strange.
I can't say for sure about the new copy i just got, as it was used, but definitely not my first copy. IDK :(

Is there an issue with either of your SD cards? The save backup, update info and SpotPass settings are on there so they need to be properly formatted to play (if both SD cards came with the systems this would be automatic). If you've put the SD cards in your computer and changed them in any way they might need to be reformatted. I've played my cart on 2 systems and after updating both I haven't had a problem.

If I were you I would just transfer the SD card from the two 3DS's, because there's probably something wrong with your other 3DS system. I think you should ask someone who has had experience with these kind of problems, maybe a moderator? :lemon: Hopefully my advice helped a bit.

Back