• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Mafia Overwatch Mafia - End Game, Town wins!

Curry

Kunai wit chain!
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Mother's Day Carnation
Red Cosmos
White Cosmos
Yellow Cosmos
Gold Super Mailbox
March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
July Birthstone (Ruby)
Overwatch-logo.jpg

Conflict. As the world teetered on the brink of anarchy, a new hope arose. An elite international taskforce charged with ending the Omnic Crisis, and restoring liberty to all nations. Overwatch. Soldiers, scientists, adventurers, and Oddities. Overwatch is an organization of guardians who would secure global peace for a generation. Under its steadfast protection, the world would attempt to recover. However, wherever there is a force of good, there will always be a force of evil as well. Terrorist group Talon would become the main villain of the Overwatch organization and attempt to raid the world of its highest treasures. But wherever the call of duty may be, Overwatch will be there as protectors to help...or will they?

Links to Day and Night Posts

An Introduction to Mafia

Mafia is a game of the uninformed majority versus the informed minority. To elaborate, the game is typically divided into two teams: the Town and the Mafia. Mafia know who each other are, and can coordinate their actions privately. Town players on the other hand don't know anything other than their own role. To compensate, there are many more Town than Mafia. The objective of the game is for Town to eliminate by killing or lynching all the Mafia before it is too late.

At the beginning of the game, you are PM'd your role. The game is divided into repeating phases of Day and Night. Day will generally last 48 hours and revolve around voting for a player to be lynched. Each player (including Mafia) get one vote, and players must figure out who the Mafia are, and convince others that they are correct. At the end of the day, the person with the most votes is lynched, and their alignment and role are revealed.

Night is typically 24 hours long and is reserved for Mafia kills and other players with special abilities. Usually, players discuss the results of the lynch at night, as well as their new suspicions, and make plans for the next day. When night ends, everyone will be informed of who died during the night. The new day will begin, and discussions for the lynch begin anew.

Be warned - Mafia requires a time commitment. This generally depends on the player, but at minimum 30 minutes a day of solid effort is required. As part of the time commitment, Mafia requires a great deal of reading. Most people are actually quite poor at reading comprehension and playing Mafia is a great way to improve your reading ability, as well as your writing and ability to think and argue logically.

General Mafia Rules

Cheating includes (but is not limited to):

1. Posting after death. You may have one polite goodbye post, but it may not contain any potentially game-changing information.

2. Ruining the game by doing something like handing out your mafia's member list to the town.
3. Logging on to someone else's account to get their role or looking over someone's shoulder to get their role.
4. Comparing role PM timings to try and work out roles.
5. Posting or sharing any PM you receive from a host without permission.
6. Getting yourself modkilled to help your team. Your non-majority-decided death may not be used as a bargaining chip.
7. Signing up more than once using smurf accounts.
8. Offering favours/items/bells outside of the game for a ingame information.
9. Sharing accounts with other players.
10. Breadcrumbing the specific phrasing of your role PM. Do not compare the phrasing in your role PM to prove your alignment. You can claim the abilities you have, but you can't use the specific phrasing of your role PM.
11. Posting a false PM phrased as if you received it from the host. You can still fake roleclaim, but you cannot make it look like you are posting a PM you received from the host.
Spam: Strategic spam is acceptable, within reason.
Editing: Editing is not allowed for any reason. Editing will result in a warning. After that, you will be modkilled.
Inappropriate posts: Mafia games can get heated and emotional. Please keep it civil and remember that what happens in Mafia stays in Mafia.
Observers' Chat: While dead players will be keen to give valuable "insight" into the game, please refrain from revealing game-changing information (eg. the identities of your fellow Mafia).[/B]
Play to win.
You should try your best to help your team win while you are alive and in the game.

Mod Font: This is the mod colour. It is reserved for the host. Please do not use it.

Question Font: This is the question color. Use it to ask the host questions about the rules in public. You can also PM me.

Game Setup

Outside of Thread Communication: This is a closed set up, no PM game.
Wisdom of the Crowds: Wisdom of the Crowds will NOT be in effect this game.
Day/Night Cycle Days will be 48 hours long, with nights at 24 hours. Day/Night cycles will end at 8:00PM EST, and results will be posted in an hour at 9:00 EST. Day/Night cycles may be sped up later in the game.
Replacements This game will use replacements until the end of Night 2.
This game is being cohosted by Arstotzkan.

Voting

This game uses plurality lynch. Whoever has the most amount of votes by the end of the day will be lynched. In the case of a tie, the person first to reach the amount of votes will be lynched. However, if a player has more than half of the living players votes on them before 24 hours are up, then they will be lynched immediately. You may vote for yourself. You may vote for no lynch. You must vote for an alive player in the game. You must vote. You vote in the following format ##VOTE: USERNAME in the voting thread. To unvote, simply type ##UNVOTE in the voting thread.

Playerlist​

This game requires 15 players and can't work with less or more, so the first 15 to join will be the 15 to play barring replacements. There can be as many replacements as the community wishes. The game will start on Sunday, February 26th at the earliest.

1. Endless AKA Abe
2. Dolby
3. Ness
4. Jacob - Widowmaker - Mafia Goon, Died Night 1
5. toadsworthy
6. Apple2013 AKA Trundle
7. Tom - Soldier 76 - Townie, Lynched Day 1
8. GetLucky AKA Andrew, Diarkia
9. Seroja - Sombra - Framer, Lynched Day 4
10. amanda1983 - D.va - Townie, Died Night 1
11. Whiteflamingo AKA White - Mercy - Roleblocker, Died Night 3
12. Rory&Easton Heyden - Reaper - Godfather, Lynched Day 2
13. glow AKA entropy, m3ow - Mei - Roleblocker, Lynched Day 3
14. Karen
15. Primalflexer

Heyden
f11
Kirbystarship
Raskell
PandaDarling
mogyay

Credit to KarlaKGB for coming up with most of this post.

Signups are now open!

Last edited:
In, but understand that I will not be active at all

Last edited:
/in

Day/Night Cycle Days will be 48 hours long, with nights at 24 hours. Day/Night cycles will end at 8:00PM EST, and results will be posted in an hour at 9:00 EST. Day/Night cycles may be sped up later in the game.

ok dis

rejoice.png

:I

Oh whoops, I better put some text here so that the mods don't drop that post quality infraction on me!

Its the quality post song ya ya ya!
Nothing here but to keep me safe! (chorus: keep me safe!)

Last edited:
Ness you know I love you and would never ban you. <3 Unless you're a Roadhog main.

Oh whoops, I better put some text here so that the mods don't drop that post quality infraction on me!

- - - Post Merge - - -

OH GOD CURRY HOW COULD YOU

I wanna be the Road hog
SAY BACON AGAIN

warning: post quality this user was b4nned 5 this post

:I

user was b9nned for spem

Ness you know I love you and would never ban you. <3 Unless you're a Roadhog main.

How do you feel about Mei mains? :^)

In, I've got some time off.

I'm not going to join. I won't due to the controversy and past-experiences in mafia.

I'll just watch this interesting game! Hope ya'll have fun! :blush:

I'm not going to join. I won't due to the controversy and past-experiences in mafia.

I'll just watch this interesting game! Hope ya'll have fun! :blush:

Do you want obs chat?

@Tom: Mei mains are allowed. :)

@Andrew: Dat name.

Back