• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia Overwatch Mafia - End Game, Town wins!

The fact that ness is completely aware of how he's played in those games given his role now stands out to me like a sore thumb
Esp since he's repeating his messed up town play again, maybe as an attempt to cover himself
On mobile and referencing lost 253

- - - Post Merge - - -

hello FRANDS i've missed you all

What's your timezone? GMT+10, AEDT
How many games have you played before? 20 on TBT I think
How active do you think you'll be? active later on
Would you rather be town or mafia? town

im busy tonight so ill read back and participate more tmrw soz, maybe sooner if i can

- - - Post Merge - - -

jk gonna read back now bc im useless xd

Dear lord

- - - Post Merge - - -

The fact that ness is completely aware of how he's played in those games given his role now stands out to me like a sore thumb
Esp since he's repeating his messed up town play again, maybe as an attempt to cover himself
On mobile and referencing lost 253

- - - Post Merge - - -

See, I've seen people use this argument a lot, and it's usually not correct. Players (especially new players) generally don't think their game through in advance, and play it by ear.
So I think it's unreasonable to assume a new player with a (no offense Ness) poor current history in playing skill thought their game through to the point of faking a personality they've used before as town under the assumption that someone would dig it up. I think it's even more absurd considering it got him lynched day 1 in the last game he tried it.

is ness even considered new?

- - - Post Merge - - -

and so what logical explanation do you have for his behavior then @endless

- - - Post Merge - - -

and hello heyden!

He's played a total of 8 games, that definitely quantifies as new. Well, at least from my standpoint, anyway. (With a lower than 50% winrate across those games, I might add)

I don't have a logical explanation, per se, since he isn't being logical. He's attempting an aggressive reactionary test playstyle which is being incredibly detrimental to how people perceive him. This is evident from the content of his mafiascum games.

Consequently, what people have been pushing him for (me included) no longer holds any water.

Gah somehow I lost the whole evening..

I don't have any firm reads at this point. I was interested in the Ness/Trundle/Toads/Dolby/Endless/Karen stuff but I don't think I've noticed anything significant out of all that, at least at this stage. To me, it seems like a lot of nerves, suspicion (understandably), and back-and-forthing. I haven't found Ness's play style to be at drastic odds with his other town games, nor especially reminiscent of his mafia style in the games I looked at.

I'd like to hear more from Seroja, in particular, as soon as she can. I'm hoping she can help cut through the "noise" of the posts from the past day so we can move on. Seroja - what do you make of the Ness et al stuff?

Hm, it's after midnight and my plan to write up a better post will have to wait until morning. I'll make sure to be on several hours before EoD, and I'll hold off on voting until then.

My apologies, work was more hectic than usual so I couldn't slip in a post or two.

What I find a bit funny is that Abe wrote a really long post dissecting each of Ness' posts but all it took was skimming through Ness' previous games on mafiascum for him to drop his suspicions completely. Were you basing it completely on meta or? although, if Abe's scum I don't think he would give Ness a chance and would have pushed for his lynch. Btw,

@Amanda thanks for finding and posting the links. There's not enough content for me to get a good read on you yet, so I look forward to read your thoughts
-you posted your read while I'm writing this! thanks for asking^^

as I've said earlier, I did find Ness a person of based on his earlier posts of being aggressive for no reason and making a big deal out of small things. However, that behaviour wasn't strong enough for me to think he's scum because a) calling attention to himself from that early in the game is a bit too risky for mafia, and b) he got the thread moving with a lot of content and discussions because of his pokings. Unpleasant, but helpful. Also, his play was also reminiscent of Toad's in Ladybug Mafia, so keep in mind that he could be a victim of mislynch if we don't give him a chance. Hopefully we will hear from Ness again soon. For now, I'm simply null on him.

@Tom, while I appreciate you explaining about the characters and their possible alignments (since I don't play Overwatch), you are awfully quiet about everything else. I'd like to hear more from you.

--

-White is hard to read. Their posts are erratic. Could be just a confused newbie town, could be a nervous newbie scum. their reads were more 'gut feelings' than with reason. but I like that they're at least trying. Gonna keep an eye on you.

-Jacob is too quiet for my liking, I'd like to see you post more soon, especially since we have 12 hours (?) or so till day ends.

-Dolby and Toads are still comfortable town-leans. I've found nothing alarming about them yet. But I will have to reread their posts again.

-GetLucky, I appreciate your input on Tom, I agree with you there, but I hope you can find time to post more despite your busy schedule.

-Karen is my strongest town read for now based on her posts (very frank, posting without overthinking (if those merges were any indication), voicing out suspicions, engaging in discussions etc)

- primal & glow & trundle null. I'm gonna go read back again and make another post if I find something.

Oh and welcome Hayden!

- - - Post Merge - - -

EBWOP: a person of interest

I'm going to throw both PrimalFlexer and Endless up as candidates for today's lynch. Abe's play has been mildly inconsistent so far as Seroja has pointed out (leaning town for Seroja now). PrimalFlexer and Endless have had a few interesting interactions. I'm in Calc, I'll post what I mean when I'm home in a few hours. PS less than 10 hours to vote.

hello FRANDS i've missed you all

What's your timezone? GMT+10, AEDT
How many games have you played before? 20 on TBT I think
How active do you think you'll be? active later on
Would you rather be town or mafia? town

im busy tonight so ill read back and participate more tmrw soz, maybe sooner if i can

- - - Post Merge - - -

jk gonna read back now bc im useless xd

useless aussies

- - - Post Merge - - -

what the heck why would we lynch primal????

lynch abe tbh

Abe what the heck? I always thought you were more organized and concise than this?
Also Tom I see you are here, what do you think of everything so far?

I'm going to throw both PrimalFlexer and Endless up as candidates for today's lynch. Abe's play has been mildly inconsistent so far as Seroja has pointed out (leaning town for Seroja now). PrimalFlexer and Endless have had a few interesting interactions. I'm in Calc, I'll post what I mean when I'm home in a few hours. PS less than 10 hours to vote.

he was inconsistent yes, but I'm not sure. I hope you can post what you think about Abe&primal's interaction soon because I need to go to bed it's 1 am. I don't want to make a last minute decision.

useless aussies

- - - Post Merge - - -

what the heck why would we lynch primal????

lynch abe tbh

Why? Elaborate more please~

If I had to bring up two people to lynch at this point, I'd say Tom and Jacob. They're both more quiet than I think they'd be as town, and Tom has pretty much avoided posting what I'd call useful. My main beef with Jacob is that I've seen less content from him than I'd expect. At school rn btw

so did you decide on ness as being bad townie

- - - Post Merge - - -

and yes at school too give me a few and ill read through a bit more

Can I get some questions to answer if anyone has some, I feel pretty useless so far tbh and I'd like to have something new to comment on.

Also I'm not completely against Primal or Abe lynch, but I just need a little more convincing than organization. Thats a weak reason

Right now N e s s is my only townlean.

Can I get some questions to answer if anyone has some, I feel pretty useless so far tbh and I'd like to have something new to comment on.

Also I'm not completely against Primal or Abe lynch, but I just need a little more convincing than organization. Thats a weak reason

Right now N e s s is my only townlean.

Ok, what are your reads on me, and what do you think of toads? Moreover, what do you think of Tom

@Dolby is it beneficial to lynch people for not talking? What are your other reads?

It is in certain situations. What I'm saying now is that I'm sussing them because they're quieter than I'd expect them, not because they're quiet. If someone is silent, and has a history of being silent, it's best to see if they'll be modkilled as most of the time lunching them is a waste of time, as normally they're town.

As for my other reads, besides a tentative townlean on Karen and Glow, I don't really feel one way or the other on anyone else, except a sus of Ness for his behavior, but I think that a Ness lynch would be less beneficial

Back