• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Mafia Overwatch Mafia - End Game, Town wins!

You took something perfectly townish and twisted it to make it seem scummy. The manner in which you said that post by asking me "got you metaphors mixed up? You nervous bro?" makes it look opportunistic as hell.

It seems like he's sweeping it under the carpet by not giving any supporting text. I surely could have used a better metaphor, but the way you approached the post sticks out like a sore thumb.

well damn, I'm not making any huge judgements THIS early, hence why I phrased it like that.... I'm not trying to make an assumption that you are mafia on like ONE post thats a little ambiguous 2 hours into the game, I was commenting on how your post literal sounded awkward like you are nervous

You took something perfectly townish and twisted it to make it seem scummy. The manner in which you said that post by asking me "got you metaphors mixed up? You nervous bro?" makes it look opportunistic as hell.

It seems like he's sweeping it under the carpet by not giving any supporting text. I surely could have used a better metaphor, but the way you approached the post sticks out like a sore thumb.

well damn, I'm not making any huge judgements THIS early, hence why I phrased it like that.... I'm not trying to make an assumption that you are mafia on like ONE post thats a little ambiguous 2 hours into the game, I was commenting on how your post literal sounded awkward like you are nervous

- - - Post Merge - - -

ah, what happened to my other post, it glitched somewhere

I don't like that post by Toad, it smells funny.

So you're pretty much sus of him because he's sus of you?

So then if you want something more substantial then fine. Having played dozens of games with Trundle, I'm town-leaning him already. But I want to know why you were so aggressive to him from the get-go and even voting from him. This literally took place in the first five posts of the game. Moreover, I really don't like your response to Endless or Toadsworthy, and the hypocriticism in responding to him, given that you've already posted this.

Don't deflect the question.

I think Trundle is mafia based off him trying to act all friendly. Don't let his silver tongue fool you.
Frankly I don't know if Ness just isn't taking the game seriously, made a seriously weird change in playstyle, or if he's mafia, but given his expressed attitude towards the inactive and people who don't participate, I'd say the latter. Alternatively though, I suppose Ness could even be a jester, given his vote hopping.

It seems like he's sweeping it under the carpet by not giving any supporting text.
I surely could have used a better metaphor, but the way you approached the post sticks out like a sore thumb.
Anybody else find this extremely ironic? It was very clear that Toadsworthy was questioning your response to Endless, and frankly, that does seem a little bit oppertunistic of him, but you just blew it up and changed your vote to him on pretty much no logic, when he didn't even say he had a suspicion on you. You pretty much announced that you were sus of him because he was questioning you

In short, I find Ness scummy

Anyway, this is probably my last post today, got homework to do

I hope this doesn't count as metagaming, but what characters in Overwatch could be interpreted as a Jester? It would be interesting to see one in a 15 player game, but I agree with Dolby. The moment he started trying to push attention on me seemed like a very forced bandwagon attempt. I don't think he plays that stupid though. I am thoroughly confused.

Here are my obligatory first day off the cuff mafia guesses:
Endless or Karen
Ness
toadsworthy
Primalflexer

If at least two of these guys flip red, I will be satisfied.

Junkrat is a kind of jokester given his taunts, but I have to admit I don't feel terribly confident about a third party.

Also the only reason I threw in Endless/Karen is because I assume the mafia team has a decent leader. I have town flags from Trent and Dolby so those were the two I kinda narrowed it down to. I also think there would be 3 mafia and 1 serial killer.

- - - Post Merge - - -

whatsup w/ me :frinking:

Don't worry they are just b/s reads to go off of, just prove yourself town and you won't have to worry about it haha.

why is dolby town flagged if you dont mind me asking
cause the way he gave that little questionnaire to everyone is great and all but it doesnt clear him for me because it could just be a strat to seem helpful

why is dolby town flagged if you dont mind me asking
cause the way he gave that little questionnaire to everyone is great and all but it doesnt clear him for me because it could just be a strat to seem helpful

Mostly just confirmation bias where I am suspicious of Ness and before I could go to post them he voiced all my concerns perfectly. It's a bias but interpreting others reads is how you make your own reads in this game.

as for ness i cant really say anything cause idk how he plays ill read a previous game if i have time
he just sticks out bcuz not many people are actually talking so idk i dont have any reads yet

- - - Post Merge - - -

Mostly just confirmation bias where I am suspicious of Ness and before I could go to post them he voiced all my concerns perfectly. It's a bias but interpreting others reads is how you make your own reads in this game.

ok i see : )

- - - Post Merge - - -

actually jk his wording does sound a little weird but maybe hes just trying to stimulate discussion?
ill try and read something tonight but meanwhile people give input pls

Right, I have some explaining to do.

The reason why I pushed onto you in the beginning was because I wanted to see how you would react to it, Trundle. I've been playing on other forums where RVS is common, I felt like trying it becuase it can be helpful later on but anytime RVS is done on TBT its the one who voted who ends up being questioned. I wouldn't be dumb enough to go full ham campaigning for your lynch by the end of the

My intitial post towards Toad is blown out of proportion, but the way he phrased the post looked opportunistic. Him asking me if I was nervous was the main thing that irked me. I voted him for the same reason as Trundle, I wanted a reaction. I stand by that I think it was off.

My question toward endless was because I wanted more reasoning behind why he thought my posts were insincere, I could have used a better metaphor then sweeping under the rug.

Thats everything.

- - - Post Merge - - -

EBWOP: I wouldn't be dumb enough to go full ham campaigning for your lynch when it was literally your first post that had nothing wrong with it.

tfw ness claims scum already

funny-cat-gif-3.gif

break time! happy to see the thread moving steadily. some initial thoughts!

I somewhat agree with what Endless said about Ness because I thought the same thing. Ness, you asked Trundle why he didn't open the thread with something more substantial, but when he implied that you could do the same you straight away scum read him. I had a feeling you were doing it to reaction-test, but it was such a smaaaaall matter to reaction-test out of? if you know what I mean.

that being said, I don't feel Ness is scummy though because it'd be too obvious this early in the game (I mean, jumping from Trundle to Toads over petty things?) unless of course that's his strategy, idk, but for now I'm null on him.

@trundle, you explained why you townlean Dolby, but why Tom? I find him very hard to read. I still regret townreading him my last game.

The reason why I pushed onto you in the beginning was because I wanted to see how you would react to it, Trundle. I've been playing on other forums where RVS is common, I felt like trying it becuase it can be helpful later on but anytime RVS is done on TBT its the one who voted who ends up being questioned. I wouldn't be dumb enough to go full ham campaigning for your lynch by the end of the

My intitial post towards Toad is blown out of proportion, but the way he phrased the post looked opportunistic. Him asking me if I was nervous was the main thing that irked me. I voted him for the same reason as Trundle, I wanted a reaction. I stand by that I think it was off.

My question toward endless was because I wanted more reasoning behind why he thought my posts were insincere, I could have used a better metaphor then sweeping under the rug.

Thats everything.

- - - Post Merge - - -

EBWOP: I wouldn't be dumb enough to go full ham campaigning for your lynch when it was literally your first post that had nothing wrong with it.
1. Fair, but I'd also like for you to link those games because I think they'd serve as more accurate meta
2. Still though, who RVS's that early, and to a ok post at that
3. Why did you make the following post. Of your posts in the time period, it seems (to me at least) to deviate the most from standard behavior, as you fail to explain your vote and have already gotten your reaction.
Lynching you is very clearly the best option for D1.
4. Why did you back off of Trundle with no explanation?

Also the only reason I threw in Endless/Karen is because I assume the mafia team has a decent leader. I have town flags from Trent and Dolby so those were the two I kinda narrowed it down to. I also think there would be 3 mafia and 1 serial killer.

I'm agreeing with Seroja on this, I'd like to know your reasoning behind why Tom is townflagged. When you townflagged him, he had only made his response to the RQS I believe, though I'd also like to know why Karen was more concerned about me being town-leaned than Tom.

tfw ness claims scum already

funny-cat-gif-3.gif

Great contribution, didn't even respond to the RQS.

i asked about you specifically bcuz iirc tom only posted once or twice so theres nothing much to go off of
whereas you pretty much started the discussion and did the questionnaire thing
thats all : )

- - - Post Merge - - -

and wait what the why vote so early
nothings even happened yet and you already jumped on trundle and toad x3
idk what youre trying to do

- - - Post Merge - - -

Thats everything.

- - - Post Merge - - -

ok so you got your reactions, what do you think about trundle and/or toad now?

- - - Post Merge - - -

and also ignore my uhh second merge post i ddint read ness' post clearly

1. Fair, but I'd also like for you to link those games because I think they'd serve as more accurate meta
2. Still though, who RVS's that early, and to a ok post at that
3. Why did you make the following post. Of your posts in the time period, it seems (to me at least) to deviate the most from standard behavior, as you fail to explain your vote and have already gotten your reaction.
4. Why did you back off of Trundle with no explanation?

1. This is contridicting, but I misworded what I said on there: I've been talking to people who do RVS on this forum called mtgsalvation. I'm currently signed up for a game called Mistborn mafia and I've been reading a lot of the site meta. I'm also on their discord.
2. Um, what do you mean who RVS' that early? You vote for someone at the start of the game when it comes to RVS, thats what its supposed to do.
It wasn't that I voted because of his post in general, it was because I felt like it would help.
3. My thought process behind that wasn't that it would poke him only, I was thinking that I could bait someone in the thread at that time with it. When I attempt to poke at someone, I prefer to do it more than once. You can see that in the last Dethy with Heyden.
4. I'm not sure what you mean here, but it is what I said earlier that it was nothing but a jab at Trundle.

- - - Post Merge - - -

ok so you got your reactions, what do you think about trundle and/or toad now?

My opinion of toad hasn't changed much given that I still haven't seen much of them, but I'd lean town on trundle.

Dolby, what do you think about Toadsworthy?

- - - Post Merge - - -

By the way, I keep seeing Toad lurking in the thread.

Dolby, what do you think about Toadsworthy?

- - - Post Merge - - -

By the way, I keep seeing Toad lurking in the thread.

CHILL, ok! I'm out of touch with mafia, so I've been going back and forth looking at people from other games and relooking at games where I actually made a difference (I literally reread most of Trump mafia and Murder Mystery), because I don't want my recent history to keep repeating where I keep shamefully dying day 1.

But really, you are over here reaction testing three people already and I throw in one little question to you and you don't answer right off the bat and OMGUS me, but I'm the suspicious one. I phrased it the way I did to make sure you know I wasn't trying to equate you to scum or mafia so early, I literally just wanted to know what you were thinking since you had already voted on someone at that time too and your post did seem awkward.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also have you always been invisible? or this is a recent change?

fyi i am almost always invisible cuz i'm going to keep this open in the background as much as possible so i remember to post and check
also i think toad leans town, from the way he is handling the ness situation, and also given that i havent read his past games

Back