• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Ideas for sky-themed town?

deerprongs

˗ˏˋ 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒸𝒽 ˎˊ˗
Bells
Switch
4980-1638-2401
I'm in the process of creating a sky-themed town, or a "kingdom in the sky", which will have all fairytale things. I haven't decided what PWPs to use, other than the windmill, and sky-related pathways and patterns, so any ideas would be greatly appreciated! I plan on planting white and blue flowers to fit the sky theme.

Plenty of blue roses and white roses. They look really pretty together! ^^ White carnations would also work beautifully. Also, you could use a light blue brick path with some white bricks mixed in. As far as PWPs go, I'd say the illuminated tree for sure and the round street light would work.

Oh wow, I never thought of white carnations for a town theme. That'd work perfectly for clouds haha, I could always help if you need any extra white carnations, stormy. Using the Tire Toy would prob look great if you have a rainbow garden as well.

Gold, blue, and white roses. Just blue and white flowers in general really. The fairy tail PWP's would look good! Picnic blanket too maybe?

Oh wow! thank you everyone for your lovely suggestions! I'm for sure planting blue and white flowers, and probably gold to give it a bit of variety (it also sounds really pretty.) White carnations would look really good, I think! Thank you Couid! I'll be sure to let you know if I need any help if I need extras!

I'll probably do a rainbow garden, maybe strictly carnations and roses. I find they feel the most whimsical and fairytale-ish out of most of the flowers.

how about having Skye as one of your villagers?
(as you can tell im oh so creative)

Yes! ^^ Skye would fit perfectly!

I'll probably try to have Skye, Diana (her design is perf), Julian, Drago, and Phoebe since she's supposed to be a phoenix c:

Oh also a bell, statue fountain, and wisteria terrace could be good!

Ask for villagers Skye (obviously) and Julian for sure. If you're wanting mystical fairytale creatures Hans is a yeti! As for Villagers that fit the colors and would just look nice Colton, Filbert, Sprinkle, Marshal, Merengue, Stitches (fairy tale esque BC he is a toy come to life).

Oh my gosh, all of those villager suggestions are perfect!

I do have something I'd like help with (well, it's really more of a seeking-opinions), if you all wouldn't mind?
I'm thinking of naming my town Daydream, and possibly naming my mayor Cupid (originally I had decided on Sunny, but...) The thing is, I'm not really sure if that captures the theme I'm going for, or brings into mind a town in the sky. What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Oh my gosh, all of those villager suggestions are perfect!

I do have something I'd like help with (well, it's really more of a seeking-opinions), if you all wouldn't mind?
I'm thinking of naming my town Daydream, and possibly naming my mayor Cupid (originally I had decided on Sunny, but...) The thing is, I'm not really sure if that captures the theme I'm going for, or brings into mind a town in the sky. What do you guys think?

adding onto this: I also thought of Horizon (the line of which the earth and sky seem to meet) for my town's name. Not really sure about that one, though.

also, yes it reminds me of Howl's Moving Castle too, now that you mention it!

I have a Legend of Zelda theme in progress for my town, and for my second floor it's suppose to reference the Sky from Skyward Sword. I have the sky wall and cloud flooring, a mountain from HHD, an asteroid, some desert island tables and stools, a carp banner, and Termina's Moon (face towards the wall, cuz, y'know). Aside from the wall, floor and moon I traded for all that, and I need to order another carp banner and a few more asteroids, but hopefully this gives you some extra ideas

I've decided to go with Sunbelle for my mayor's name, and Daydream for my town's name!

Ooh, that sounds really nice, EmGee! I love when people find ways to implement Legend of Zelda into the theme of their town. From what you have already, it sounds very creative! I'm starting to get some more ideas. c:

Statue fountain? Always makes me think of God's and goddesses and the sky but probably just me hah hah.
I feel like suggesting white voliets for some reason might be OK.
Stone tablet maybe?

Sorry when I think sky I think ethereal type stuff XD
Upgrade your house and change the exterior to a castle if that's a suggestion.
Good luck! :)

Ahh, yes! The sky reminds me of ethereal stuff (that was actually my intention with this theme!) so those suggestions work perfectly! I actually think the statue fountain and the stone tablet would look very nice. White violets would probably look really pretty, too! The castle exterior is a definite thing that's going to happen. : )

thank you!

Last edited:
Back