Eggs
Old Eggs
Holiday Candy Cane 2020
Tin Robot
Festive Bell
Green Christmas Stocking
Matryoshka Doll
Christmas Candy
I've been really into musicals recently so I'm wondering, what's your favorite musical(s)/ what would you recommend?

So far I've watched:
Wicked
Hamilton
Phantom of the Opera
Heathers (My current favorite!)
21 Chump Street
Count of Monte Cristo
Grease

Never watched one live (although I'd love to) so I usually just watch a filmed version on YouTube or find one online ;)

Also, if you happen to have a link of the musical I'd love to be able to watch it ^^

Last edited:
Not exactly a musical, but the Welsh National Opera did an amazing Sweeney Todd ''musical'' I went to see maybe 2 years ago now.

- - - Post Merge - - -

But yea, musicals are an 11/10, musical theatre is superior.

Last edited:
Not exactly a musical, but the Welsh National Opera did an amazing Sweeney Todd ''musical'' I went to see maybe 2 years ago now.

- - - Post Merge - - -

But yea, musicals are an 11/10, musical theatre is superior.

I'll definitely have to check that out, as long as there's tons of singing I'm into it, lol

Try little shop of horrors. Howard Ashman and Alan Menken ftw!

I love musicals! My favourite is Les Miserables :) I also love Chicago, and I know it's not Broadway but I also love Mouline Rouge. I also love some songs from Hamilton, though I haven't seen it in its entirety. And I would love to watch Miss Saigon. Phantom Opera also has very beautiful music. But nothing beats Les Miserables for me.

I'll definitely have to check that out, as long as there's tons of singing I'm into it, lol

Yes, there's a good balance of regular acting and singing, the singing was fantastic as well as the set design, Stephen Sondheim is a god at his work. I would definitely recommend it!

Last edited:
you can watch clips from the movie, though with Rick moranis and ellen greene.

I feel like I saw a better version on youtube. But it's probably been taken down. here is the uk tour anyway.

Thanks so much! Honestly, I can't really complain about the quality but I really wish they would film it professionally, not a dvd buyer but if they filmed musicals, I'd definitely buy!

I have no idea why but I hate musicals LOL I love the concept of them though. It's fascinating, just can't get myself to sit through one.

I love musicals! My favourite is Les Miserables :) I also love Chicago, and I know it's not Broadway but I also love Mouline Rouge. I also love some songs from Hamilton, though I haven't seen it in its entirety. And I would love to watch Miss Saigon. Phantom Opera also has very beautiful music. But nothing beats Les Miserables for me.

I need to get around to watching Les Mis, never watched the movie but I have seen the concert musical where Lea Solanga plays Eponine, the cast for the concert is wonderful!! Ah Chicago, I've only listened to the Cell Block Tango from that one. Haha I always manage to listen to 1 or 2 songs from a musical and never the full thing. Oh you should totally watch Hamilton, not a big history fan but dang that musical was amazing! Never heard of Miss Saigon so I'll have to check that out :D

- - - Post Merge - - -

I have no idea why but I hate musicals LOL I love the concept of them though. It's fascinating, just can't get myself to sit through one.

They're awfully long, aren't they? It's definitely worth the 2-3 hrs to watch em tho. I'd recommend 21 Chump Street since it's only 15min long!

My dad works at a theatre, so I've grown up watching musicals and plays. My favorite has to be Tommy. It's basically the rock opera by The Who, but on stage.

Little shop of horrors
Bye bye Birdie
West side story
Rocky horror picture show!!!!!!! Omg best thing ever

I love musicals but those are my favs

My dad works at a theatre, so I've grown up watching musicals and plays. My favorite has to be Tommy. It's basically the rock opera by The Who, but on stage.

Oh man that's so awesome! I've always wanted to be a part of musicals and plays but I have a terrible singing voice and stage fright :d I'll see if I can find that online or just watch the rock opera ^^

- - - Post Merge - - -

Little shop of horrors
Bye bye Birdie
West side story
Rocky horror picture show!!!!!!! Omg best thing ever

I love musicals but those are my favs

Thanks for letting me know! Will add these to my "To Watch" list since a musical binge watch is looong overdue ;)

Oh, where to begin? There really is nothing like being in a live audience to see a musical or play, but if you lack the time/transport/funds, youtube isn't such a terrible substitute.

The list of what I have seen is pretty long, but I'll list what I can remember.
Seen versions in both Stage and Film:
Singin' in the Rain
The Producers
Sound of Music
Chicago
Phantom of the Opera
Cats
Annie
Les Miserables (I preferred the 10th and 25th anniversary concerts to the 2012 movie, but it is breathtaking on stage)
Wizard of Oz
Grease
Rocky Horror Picture Show
Little Shop of Horrors
West Side Story
Jesus Christ Superstar
Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat

Film Only
Love Never Dies
Rock of Ages
Into the Woods (stage production and movie versions; hm, now I think about it, there might be a local production this year)
Jersey Boys
La La Land

Stage Only:
Wicked
Matilda (the movie is not the musical; the musical is more true to the spirit of the book. Comedian Tim Minchin wrote the music/lyrics)
Avenue Q
Spamalot
The Lion King
We Will Rock You

---
I plan on seeing Book of Mormon and Aladdin in a few months' time. I've been lucky enough to see some of these shows more than once, but they've been spread out over the last 20 years.

I am aware that musicals/theatre are not everybody's preferred entertainment, but there are so many different shows out there that I want to believe there's something for everybody. I'm curious about Groundhog Day, which is Tim Minchin's next production after Matilda. I've heard at least one song from it, and that hit me right in the feels. However, I have few memories of the movie, and am lukewarm towards it. Whether I see it will depend on the price and timing.

Last edited:
Not really, but I've listened to the entire "In The Heights" soundtrack and have seen the Broadway performances and the entire show performed by a university on YouTube.

- - - Post Merge - - -

This is the full show, but it's not Broadway.

I need to get around to watching Les Mis, never watched the movie but I have seen the concert musical where Lea Solanga plays Eponine, the cast for the concert is wonderful!! Ah Chicago, I've only listened to the Cell Block Tango from that one. Haha I always manage to listen to 1 or 2 songs from a musical and never the full thing. Oh you should totally watch Hamilton, not a big history fan but dang that musical was amazing! Never heard of Miss Saigon so I'll have to check that out :D

Oh my gosh, are you a Lea Salonga fan? I loved her as Eponine, and she is actually the lead role in Miss Saigon ^_^ Miss Saigon is a retelling of the opera Madame Butterfly, and it's about a Vietnamese prostitute who falls in love with an American soldier. Anyway, you definitely should watch Les Mis. The first time I was introduced to Les Mis was actually through that concert (10th Anniversary Dream Cast Concert), but I had the honour of watching it in the theatre a few years ago, and wow! I'm sure you would love it :) If you haven't seen Chicago, the play, you can watch the movie! It's actually brilliant and I recommend it. Such a great cast with great visuals. I'll definitely have to sit down and watch Hamilton one of these days ^_^ Any specific cast I should look out for? I can only watch on YouTube haha.

Oh, where to begin? There really is nothing like being in a live audience to see a musical or play, but if you lack the time/transport/funds, youtube isn't such a terrible substitute.

The list of what I have seen is pretty long, but I'll list what I can remember.
Seen versions in both Stage and Film:
Singin' in the Rain
The Producers
Sound of Music
Chicago
Phantom of the Opera
Cats
Annie
Les Miserables (I preferred the 10th and 25th anniversary concerts to the 2012 movie, but it is breathtaking on stage)
Wizard of Oz
Grease
Rocky Horror Picture Show
Little Shop of Horrors
West Side Story
Jesus Christ Superstar
Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat

Film Only
Love Never Dies
Rock of Ages
Into the Woods (stage production and movie versions; hm, now I think about it, there might be a local production this year)
Jersey Boys
La La Land

Stage Only:
Wicked
Matilda (the movie is not the musical; the musical is more true to the spirit of the book. Comedian Tim Minchin wrote the music/lyrics)
Avenue Q
Spamalot
The Lion King
We Will Rock You

---
I plan on seeing Book of Mormon and Aladdin in a few months' time. I've been lucky enough to see some of these shows more than once, but they've been spread out over the last 20 years.

I am aware that musicals/theatre are not everybody's preferred entertainment, but there are so many different shows out there that I want to believe there's something for everybody. I'm curious about Groundhog Day, which is Tim Minchin's next production after Matilda. I've heard at least one song from it, and that hit me right in the feels. However, I have few memories of the movie, and am lukewarm towards it. Whether I see it will depend on the price and timing.

Woah I'm definitely gonna have to set some time aside to watch these (or try to find em online) :eek:
Aghh I wish I could see some musicals live but I'm afraid that my current funds won't allow it:c

- - - Post Merge - - -

Not really, but I've listened to the entire "In The Heights" soundtrack and have seen the Broadway performances and the entire show performed by a university on YouTube.

- - - Post Merge - - -

This is the full show, but it's not Broadway.

Oh nice, thank you!
I'm actually a bit picky with shows lmao bc I'm so dead set on the original cast but I find that alternate/ non Broadway casts aren't always bad

Back