• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Anyone like musicals?

I love musicals. I haven't been to many live, but I do hope to see more. I've seen Sweeny Todd and The Lion King.

My absolute favorite musical is Hair. I truly hope I can see it performed some day.

Also, I love Rocky Horror, too.

Oh my gosh, are you a Lea Salonga fan? I loved her as Eponine, and she is actually the lead role in Miss Saigon ^_^ Miss Saigon is a retelling of the opera Madame Butterfly, and it's about a Vietnamese prostitute who falls in love with an American soldier. Anyway, you definitely should watch Les Mis. The first time I was introduced to Les Mis was actually through that concert (10th Anniversary Dream Cast Concert), but I had the honour of watching it in the theatre a few years ago, and wow! I'm sure you would love it :) If you haven't seen Chicago, the play, you can watch the movie! It's actually brilliant and I recommend it. Such a great cast with great visuals. I'll definitely have to sit down and watch Hamilton one of these days ^_^ Any specific cast I should look out for? I can only watch on YouTube haha.

I've actually only seen Lea Salonga as Eponine in the concert (my Eng teacher had us watch it on dvd, was so happy for those days in class) but goddamn "On My Own" really hits me, I love her voice with that song!!! Oooh definitely gonna have to watch Miss Saigon bc Salonga's voice is absolutely mesmerizing. I believe Hamilton was barely released last year so most of the cast is unchanged but the original cast with Lin Manuel Miranda as Hamilton is some good stuff! If you have a Tumblr, you should be able to find someone who can link you the show lol! Oh a nice short musical fix would be 21 Chump Street which is about a boy develops a crush on a girl who ends up being an
undercover cop
It's an excellent mini musical! ;)

No, definitely not my taste. Some are really well made but I've always found them boring and sometimes stupid.

I love musicals. I haven't been to many live, but I do hope to see more. I've seen Sweeny Todd and The Lion King.

My absolute favorite musical is Hair. I truly hope I can see it performed some day.

Also, I love Rocky Horror, too.

I feel you, I really hope to see my favorite musicals live one day, although if I ever get a chance I'll hop on any since musicals are just so fun! :)

I not a big fan of musicals, but one I did enjoy was Grease. It's a pretty old film, but it had a nice story and good singing. :)

I've never been to any sort of concert or music in my life. Kinda depressing, but I just haven't.

That being said, I've seen a lot of musicals adapted to film which I love.

high school musical was pretty dope

real talk not rlly, i just like plays and stuff

i like hamilton and in the heights, both written by lin-manuel miranda but in the heights tends to go under the radar .

high school musical was pretty dope

real talk not rlly, i just like plays and stuff

Pretty sure HSM is where it all started for me

- - - Post Merge - - -

i like hamilton and in the heights, both written by lin-manuel miranda but in the heights tends to go under the radar .

I'll definitely have to watch In The Heights bc Hamilton/Lin in general is great!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I've never been to any sort of concert or music in my life. Kinda depressing, but I just haven't.

That being said, I've seen a lot of musicals adapted to film which I love.

Could you maybe recommend some of your faves to me? ^^

I've seen a bunch but my all time favorite is Avenue Q. It's best described as Sesame Street for adults. It's an anti-musical in many ways; politically incorrect, unconventional songs and subjects, and yet very witty and endearing. Has a great message and moral, hits close to home. My favorite song from it is "Everyone's a Little Bit Racist" partially because it triggers the **** outta SJWs but also because it's totally true. It still plays Off-Broadway and you can occasionally find tours or local productions, highly recommended for everyone (other than kids lol) but especially for young adults.

Fun fact: One of the co-creators Robert Lopez wrote all the music for Disney's Frozen with his wife. He also worked with Matt Parker and Trey Stone i.e. the South Park guys on The Book of Mormon, another amazing (and unconventional) musical.

Last edited:
I've seen a bunch but my all time favorite is Avenue Q. It's best described as Sesame Street for adults. It's an anti-musical in many ways; politically incorrect, unconventional songs and subjects, and yet very witty and endearing. Has a great message and moral, hits close to home. My favorite song from it is "Everyone's a Little Bit Racist" partially because it triggers the **** outta SJWs but also because it's totally true. It still plays Off-Broadway and you can occasionally find tours or local productions, highly recommended for everyone (other than kids lol) but especially for young adults.

Fun fact: One of the co-creators Robert Lopez wrote all the music for Disney's Frozen with his wife. He also worked with Matt Parker and Trey Stone i.e. the South Park guys on The Book of Mormon, another amazing (and unconventional) musical.

Ooh that definitely sounds like my cup of tea, thanks so much for mentioning it! :D

I really love musicals, if you're into dark stuff I really suggest watching The Devil's Carnival and Repo! The Genetic Opera, they're two of my favorites ever! Haven't seen Alleluia! the sequel to Devil's Carnival but I am hoping to soon.

Back