Banned for Alternative Account

Status
Not open for further replies.

thehopefulgrim

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Hi! I need some help because of a unjustified ban.

Problem: mayorsadie was banned for being an "alternative account"

Why it's untrue: I quit using this account because it's so cluttered with closed forums. I switched to mayorsadie so I could start fresh without all the clutter. I completely switched over, which included the TBT I had amassed on thehopefulgrim. The only activity on thehopefulgrim was me redirecting several people to mayorsadie. Now, I can't delete thehopefulgrim. What do I do now? It would be very helpful to allow this, would it not?

Solution: Delete this account, I don't use it nor do I wish to. Lift the ban off of mayorsadie and give me back my rightfully earned TBT. Please and thank you.

Edit: I've also gotten a warning, which is also unjustified.

Last edited:
I think you're making it worse?

I'm making it as obvious as possible that this account is closed. If there is any "evidence" that I actively use thehopefulgrim, I seek to destroy it. (A real profile picture, signature, etc).

Also noted. I probably should have taken a bit of time to calm down before unleashing my anger.
(I was fine until I got a warning. Then I went bat crazy.)

Last edited:
They don't delete or even lock accounts upon request, from what I've seen. Your best bet would probably be to attempt to privately arrange some sort of deal using the Contact the Staff board. Dumb rule, but I'm not the one who's been running this place since 2004/2010, so can't really say much. :p

They don't delete or even lock accounts upon request, from what I've seen. Your best bet would probably be to attempt to privately arrange some sort of deal using the Contact the Staff board. Dumb rule, but I'm not the one who's been running this place since 2004/2010, so can't really say much. :p

Really? That long and they still haven't fixed this ridiculous rule and punishment? Thanks for the help, I'll try that.

We don't allow account switches because many users have tried to create new accounts in order to avoid negative ratings, infractions, or bad reputations from causing trouble on the site. It also makes it more confusing for the staff and other forum members. There really is no need to make a new account, and every new member can get a free username change by using the seashell currency. It's not unusual to have closed transaction threads, so I wouldn't worry about them if this was the reason you wanted to use a different account. As you can see, this is one of our rules, so the warning was just a reminder and an explanation of the rule that was broken. After members repeatedly or purposely break the rules we give them infractions. A warning is just so you're aware of what happened. Feel free to use the Contact the Staff board if you have any more questions. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back