• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Trump reverses Obama's guidance on bathrooms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Envy, dino, gyro, forestyne, visibleghost: If I could clap any louder, I'd get thrown out of this bar that I'm at lmao. I WISH I knew y'all in RL. You sound like some cool peeps.

Last edited:
I don't think it's ever to okay to discriminate against someone over how they appear, but you have to understand that some people will get freaked out when they see something which appears out of the ordinary to them. Biologically, humans are divided into two sexes: male and female. Males and females have physical traits which distinguish them from the other sex. Many people see sex as a part of humanity and if someone doesn't "look" either male or female, then to some people they don't "look" human. While it easier said than done for people to change their bodies, people still see at as a "grooming" issue where frankly at a certain point like with clothes, hair, etc. it seems like it's less about someone expressing their individuality and more about that person just looking like ****. It's not nice to say that out loud, but nearly everyone thinks that about someone they see. People's brains are naturally wired to judge other people's appearances to an extent, and if they see someone who looks "in-between", their first thought is going to be "WTF?" even if they are supportive of transgender rights.

yeah ik people think that. pretty much everyone assumes gender based on looks. i just wish that wouldnt be the case.

and it doesnt justify harassment, bullying or abuse. ik u didnt write that it justifies it but what i wanna say is that what matters the most is how people are treated.
obviously i'd rather have all gender stereotypes and all that stuff Killed but that's not realistic and very far away from the world we live in so yhh

yeah ik people think that. pretty much everyone assumes gender based on looks. i just wish that wouldnt be the case.

and it doesnt justify harassment, bullying or abuse. ik u didnt write that it justifies it but what i wanna say is that what matters the most is how people are treated.
obviously i'd rather have all gender stereotypes and all that stuff Killed but that's not realistic and very far away from the world we live in so yhh

I wish gender stereotypes would be abolished too. It's sad and it causes so many unneeded problems. We are heading in the right direction I think but are met with some intense resistance. Hopefully that resistance will fade over time.

I remember seeing a mascara commercial that showed what appeared to be either a gay guy or a trans guy being the spokesperson. It was really cool and is a step in thw right direction.

There are two genders. I don't care what you call yourself, others should call you that. If you identify with male, use the boi's room. If you identify as female, use the gal's restroom. Now, don't just go around identifying yourself as male or female to get into the restrooms and cause devastation upon people using the restroom.

Yep, I think it's time for this discussion to end.

I hate to say, but the whole debate on whether there are two or more genders has gotten very controversial and is best to be left out of the debate. That kind of debate fuels heated arguments to where it goes out of control. That, and I already seen some hard arguing. It sure went well on the first 50 posts, but I wouldn't think it did go well near the end. I know it hasn't gotten ugly yet, but to prevent this from getting worse (since I know some subjects like # of genders get really heated), I should request lock.

Party's over!

Envy, dino, gyro, forestyne, visibleghost: If I could clap any louder, I'd get thrown out of this bar that I'm at lmao. I WISH I knew y'all in RL. You sound like some cool peeps.

pls leen!!! so same at you. love your adds here and everywhere else, always. all of y'all are such good people and i'm very happy to be on these boards with ya. <333 keep on keeping on.

There are two genders. I don't care what you call yourself, others should call you that. If you identify with male, use the boi's room. If you identify as female, use the gal's restroom. Now, don't just go around identifying yourself as male or female to get into the restrooms and cause devastation upon people using the restroom.

hooooo everyone watch out, the gender police are here! you can only be blue or pink!!! only those two, no other genderscolors exist!! :}}}} hahaha

"cause devastation upon" is such dramatic borderline hate-speech lmfao. if you'd been reading all of the actual stats and facts on this thread, you would know there is no documented trend of trans people doing anything wrong in the bathroom at all, whatsoever. this ""devastation"" you are claiming, again, nonfactual, is all from cis people.

sure could use some policing to stop...that....

Gender and sex are the same thing. .-.

That's what they meant...??

alas, fallacious :lemon:

I hate to say, but the whole debate on whether there are two or more genders has gotten very controversial and is best to be left out of the debate. That kind of debate fuels heated arguments to where it goes out of control. That, and I already seen some hard arguing. It sure went well on the first 50 posts, but I wouldn't think it did go well near the end. I know it hasn't gotten ugly yet, but to prevent this from getting worse (since I know some subjects like # of genders get really heated), I should request lock.

Party's over!

I have a counter request

auto-ban raskell from these threads

the only thing he ever contributes to discussions is horrible argument baiting and an absolute refusal to listen to anyone with a counterpoint for anything they say

Last edited:

Party's over!

Yes please. It's just a bathroom issue. Let the states figure out what to do about it.

Party's over!

p sure there was a convo just in btb main abt how threads belong to the community not the op once they're posted? people are still talking on this one :)

from my view, the majority of the posts on this thread have presented logical, factual information in a polite and often, repeated for the sake of clarity and emphasis manner. that to me seems like good conversation. if there's a problem with "heated arguments" i would advise that the people posting with heightened emotion about their personal beliefs consider how best to contribute to these kinds of conversations.

Please remember to be respectful towards others in your posts, no matter how much you may disagree with them. As you should all know, this is an important rule of ours, and we warn, infract, or suspend members who violate it. You can read our rules here: Rules and Guidelines.

Also, please don't try to enforce this rule on your own. If you think something needs attention, please report the post and we will look into it. Thank you.

from my view, the majority of the posts on this thread have presented logical, factual information in a polite and often, repeated for the sake of clarity and emphasis manner.

Idk the one below my last comment sounded pretty rude...

Please remember to be respectful towards others in your posts, no matter how much you may disagree with them. As you should all know, this is an important rule of ours, and we warn, infract, or suspend members who violate it. You can read our rules here: Rules and Guidelines.

Also, please don't try to enforce this rule on your own. If you think something needs attention, please report the post and we will look into it. Thank you.

I was just looking out for the community, hoping they don't get in trouble.

Seriously, what is up with people who are one sided on genders, or even are against one?
Everyone is equal, everyone is the same, Male or not, Female or not, we all are human, and should live together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back