• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Trump reverses Obama's guidance on bathrooms

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's nice to know that people can make such compelling arguments in only a few short words... *SHE SAID SARCASTICALLY*

Seriously, what is up with people who are one sided on genders, or even are against one?
Everyone is equal, everyone is the same, Male or not, Female or not, we all are human, and should live together.

Flare21, yes everyone should be equal, however the sad reality is that we are not. And by we, I mean the minorities: people of color, LGBTQ, women, etc etc.

Seriously, what is up with people who are one sided on genders, or even are against one?
Everyone is equal, everyone is the same, Male or not, Female or not, we all are human, and should live together.

Flare21, yes everyone should be equal, however the sad reality is that we are not. And by we, I mean the minorities: people of color, LGBTQ, women, etc etc.

I still think that the bathroom policy was dumb before and changing it is dumb too. It was supposed to be helping trans people, but I don't think it did much. Just from what I've heard and seen, they still seem to be suffering, despite the efforts to help them. I just don't think it was a strong enough idea. But I guess the way things are going, you guys probably take what you can get if it helps? I don't mean that in a bad way either.

I'm apart of the LGBTQ community and I sure am happy to live in this country rather than any other country. America is America. I love it, like it, and will live in it. Also you calling women minorities is a false statement. There's more women in the United States than men. They aren't a minority. :confused:

Last edited:
I'm apart of the LGBTQ community and I sure am happy to live in this country rather than any other country. America is America. I love it, like it, and will live in it. Also you calling women minorities is a false statement. There's more women in the United States than men. They aren't a minority. :confused:

Lol....Raskell....You're in some serious need of a wake up call.

Cue all of the women coming in now to tell you how you're wrong. You've asked for this one.

They mean that women aren't treated equally which is the same with LGBT+, coloured people, etc.

You're right, but they have been treated like second class citizens for a long time. Even back when African-Americans were first given the right to vote, white women still couldn't vote. And during the Depression when African-Americans had a few rights, women had even fewer rights. That's kind of the reason why I think Leen mentioned women.

Lol....Raskell....You're in some serious need of a wake up call.

Cue all of the women coming in now to tell you how you're wrong. You've asked for this one
I don't say these things to you. Please refrain from saying them to me. Conversation is a two way street.

A lot of women agree with me, Leen. That's un-deniable. Women aren't a minority. A lot of companies, business, political figures face pressure into being fair, as should be. Sexism is not a prominent issue as a lot of people see it as.

Last edited:
They mean that women aren't treated equally which is the same with LGBT+, coloured people, etc.

Nailed it. Thanks Corrie <3 I mean I thought I was being pretty clear right? I can go for ages talking about how us women are not treated (or paid) fairly. Let's be real.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I don't say these things to you. Please refrain from saying them to me. Conversation is a two way street.

A lot of women agree with me, Leen. That's un-deniable. Women aren't a minority. A lot of companies, business, political figures face pressure into being fair, as should be. Sexism is not a prominent issue as a lot of people see it as.

Raskell, I don't think you're getting what I'm talking about. I'm not talking about numbers, I'm talking about equality, rights, wages.

Nailed it. Thanks Corrie <3 I mean I thought I was being pretty clear right? I can go for ages talking about how us women are not treated (or paid) fairly. Let's be real.

Okay. How are women not treated fairly?

Sexism is not a prominent issue as a lot of people see it as.

Last edited:
"it's just a bathroom issue" - privileged cis people parading around their privilege

I'm sorry, but this comment is just really funny to me. I know that the focus of this topic is sex and gender related privileges, but does nobody else ever think about the privileges that they do have? Maybe a trans person doesn't have the privileges of a non-trans, but they might have a certain race privilege, or some sort of privilege given to them based on the country they live in, or their working class. Does nobody ever stop these days and remember that they may be doing badly, but there is probably always somebody doing worse than them. I honestly consider one of my privileges to be a US citizen. What if somehow I was born in another country where things are honestly just going awfully? Somebody may have it better than you, but someone out there also has it worse. In that way, we are all equal. People want some equality? There it is. Everyone has something that somebody doesn't, even if only for a short while.

Okay. How are women not treated fairly?

You could start with opening up a gender studies textbook. I always encourage anyone to take a good gender studies course.

Some examples of many:
Women in sports --> sexisms-r-us
Women in leadership positions --> not paid as much as their equal male counterparts
Women and reproductive rights --> government gets to tell us what we can/can't do with our uteri
Women and the military --> we're not allowed certain careers, rape cases

Just some examples of many.

I'm apart of the LGBTQ community

there's been numerous recent cases proving that people in the lgb spectrum will readily throw the trans community under the bus. so sorry, but that really isn't a card you can play

(also, a part*)

I'm sorry, but this comment is just really funny to me. I know that the focus of this topic is sex and gender related privileges, but does nobody else ever think about the privileges that they do have? Maybe a trans person doesn't have the privileges of a non-trans, but they might have a certain race privilege, or some sort of privilege given to them based on the country they live in, or their working class. Does nobody ever stop these days and remember that they may be doing badly, but there is probably always somebody doing worse than them. I honestly consider one of my privileges to be a US citizen. What if somehow I was born in another country where things are honestly just going awfully? Somebody may have it better than you, but someone out there also has it worse. In that way, we are all equal. People want some equality? There it is. Everyone has something that somebody doesn't, even if only for a short while.

You're right and that in itself is wrong as well. In my eyes everyone should be treated fairly. Life isn't fair, I know that but at the same time, that doesn't mean people should suffer. We're all trying to fix problems like world hunger, endless war, etc but it's hard to do everything. You gotta take stuff one step at a time.

The bathroom issue, to me, is similar to whites vs blacks when it came to buses or water fountains to drink out of. It's such minor stuff that shouldn't even be a thing. Let people go take a dump, who cares what bathroom they use? Is it really a big deal? Let them use what bathroom they want.

You're right and that in itself is wrong as well. In my eyes everyone should be treated fairly. Life isn't fair, I know that but at the same time, that doesn't mean people should suffer. We're all trying to fix problems like world hunger, endless war, etc but it's hard to do everything. You gotta take stuff one step at a time.

The bathroom issue, to me, is similar to whites vs blacks when it came to buses or water fountains to drink out of. It's such minor stuff that shouldn't even be a thing. Let people go take a dump, who cares what bathroom they use? Is it really a big deal? Let them use what bathroom they want.

I get that this whole issue is silly, and people need to chill. But that's also what I'm trying to say. People need to chill, sometimes, at least. I feel like a ton of things are taken so far out of proportion these days. For example, when people post on the internet about their problems. ON THE INTERNET. That alone is a privilege. Like, it really sucks if you're being treated poorly for one reason or another, and it's unfair, but some people are homeless and don't get to complain about their jobs and their lives on the internet because that's something they don't have access to. I just feel like people are asking and asking and asking, but never saying thank you for what they already have.

I get that this whole issue is silly, and people need to chill. But that's also what I'm trying to say. People need to chill, sometimes, at least. I feel like a ton of things are taken so far out of proportion these days. For example, when people post on the internet about their problems. ON THE INTERNET. That alone is a privilege. Like, it really sucks if you're being treated poorly for one reason or another, and it's unfair, but some people are homeless and don't get to complain about their jobs and their lives on the internet because that's something they don't have access to. I just feel like people are asking and asking and asking, but never saying thank you for what they already have.

I completely agree that people should definitely be grateful for what they have, however, I don't think people should have to settle for inequality and injustice just because they have other privileges in life.

Last edited:
I get really mad at myself sometimes, because I'm complaining about something like my weight, or my friends, or my family, or school. But so many people don't have enough food that they should even worry about being overweight, some people don't have a family or friends to make them sad or mad, some people never get to go to school. Sometimes I have to remind myself about those things.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I completely agree that people should definitely be grateful for what they have, however, I don't think people should have to settle for inequality and injustice just because they have other privileges in life.

No one has to settle, but some people just take things too far. There will always be bad eggs in the bunch that ruin the whole thing. It's happened with feminism, and I honestly think it's happening with trans rights and the gay community as well. You get a few wackos posting things on the internet or starting violent and destructive riots, and the whole movement loses support from the outside. I have never seen a single pleasant thing about feminism on the internet, without searching for it, but out of the corner of my eye is always some insult or joke towards feminists while I'm browsing the internet. And I do mean that figuratively.

- - - Post Merge - - -

There isn't, like, some feminist meme constantly on my screen at all times lol. But, I see more bad than good.

Okay... But this is about a very real issue. Transgender people, in many cases, can not go to the bathroom while out in public and have to plan what they eat and drink before they have to go out for long periods of time. Some don't drink/eat enough because of this, and it makes them sick. Even when they try to avoid eating/drinking, it still happens sometimes, and they hold it in. That can cause medical issues.

Also from what I understand, the hormones that transgender people take (I know this applies to transwomen, I don't know about transmen. Maybe someone who is trans or someone is knowledgeable can clarify?) can make them have to go to the bathroom many more times than the average person, which puts them in a really bad spot when they're at a school or workplace that won't work with them.

So please, lets not take focus off of a very real issue because "some people might have it worse". This isn't about who has it worst. This is an issue that needs to be dealt with, because some people are suffering and they don't need to be.

Envy, dino, gyro, forestyne, visibleghost: If I could clap any louder, I'd get thrown out of this bar that I'm at lmao. I WISH I knew y'all in RL. You sound like some cool peeps.
Late as hell but Im luv u too <3

there's been numerous recent cases proving that people in the lgb spectrum will readily throw the trans community under the bus. so sorry, but that really isn't a card you can play

(also, a part*)

That and LGB people also throw each other under the bus, constantly. Gay guys and lesbians can easily still be homophobic just as poc can be racist against their own race. And then theres LG people hating bi people and bi people being homophobic right back... LGBT people don't have some free pass to being homophobic/transphobic/etc.

---

Petey Piranha I'm not gonna eeny meeny miny mo a post of yours to quote but if we all sat and went "Well people have it worse" literally nothing would get done about anything ever.

Like yeah I have BPD and severe depression but hey someone's probably about to get murdered so let's cut all research on mental health!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back