• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Trump reverses Obama's guidance on bathrooms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now this is a problem with today's society. They are unwillingly to compromise. What you just said (no offense btw) sounded like it's a bad thing to take the middle ground, and it implies that "if you're not with the transgender people on the debate, then you are an evil person". People should be willingly to compromise. Instead, people these days would rather take issues as 100/0 or 0/100 instead of 50/50 or even 1/99 and 99/1. I know some stuff are not negotiable, but today's social issues (as well as fiscal issues) are negotiable. A bigger concern than the whole bathroom debate is how divided our nation really is. On every issue, they are unwillingly to compromise. And they attack both each other and anyone who refuses to take sides. The fact that they choose the be this way and continue on their decisions is only gonna contribute to our deeply divided nation.

I try to avoid taking sides by not believing in forcing either way. And now you guys are giving me a negative reputation for standing up for what I believe. I cannot tolerate this. It's okay to believe what you guys believe, but under no exception is it okay to make others feel bad for what they believe.

It's also worth mentioning that there are more important issues than the bathroom debate. It's been mentioned several times this thread. I do remember posting a picture of the bathrooms where toilets are separated into different rooms than stalls. I do think it is a good idea all along. I was also suggesting the same thing for locker rooms and showers. But for now, I do think it should be left up to the businesses to decide on that. But that's not even that major of an issue. It used to be fine until people made a fuss about that.

NO. People's RIGHTS are NOT available to compromise. Even though it's a "little" issue or whatever you think this is, that doesn't make it less of a problem. There is NO 50/50 to someone's rights. Trans people are JUST as human and like cis people, so why the hell are their rights suddenly compromisable? And yes, you proved my point exactly. IF YOU'RE NOT WITH TRANS PEOPLE GAINING RIGHTS THAT THEY DESERVE, YOU ARE TRANSPHOBIC. There is no reason why they don't deserve to use the restroom they identify with just like you and me. NO REASON. If you are AGAINST them using the right restroom, you are transphobic. There is no half and half about that.

And maybe our nation would be less divided if people like you learn to accept trans people for who they are, just a thought. :^)

IF YOU'RE NOT WITH TRANS PEOPLE GAINING RIGHTS THAT THEY DESERVE, YOU ARE TRANSPHOBIC.

Transphobia is a range of negative attitudes and feelings toward transgender or transsexual people, or toward transsexuality. Transphobia can be emotional disgust, fear, anger or discomfort felt or expressed towards people who do not conform to society's gender expectations.

I don't really have any arguments other than that I don't think it's cool to label someone transphobic just because they don't care enough to support the trans movement. I think we should all be able to just get along and just go to the bathroom without fear of harassment or laws, but for the most part I do not care whatsoever. It doesn't effect me. That's just the kind of person I am. If my friends or family were suffering, that would be different, but I find it really hard to care about a bunch of total strangers. I have no feelings about them. It's sad, that they're treated poorly, but I am not sad about it. So, does that make me transphobic too? Because I'm not gonna fight tooth and nail beside a bunch of strangers so they can pee freely, when this has absolutely nothing to do with me? I just think that's a very hasty assumption. You're basically saying that if I don't help trans people fight for their bathroom rights, then I must hate them or dislike them. I'm not angry, or anything like that. If I'm labeled transphobic, oh well. I just think what you said is honestly silly. And of course you weren't directing this comment at me, obviously, but I wanted to share my two cents.

Transphobia is a range of negative attitudes and feelings toward transgender or transsexual people, or toward transsexuality. Transphobia can be emotional disgust, fear, anger or discomfort felt or expressed towards people who do not conform to society's gender expectations.

I don't really have any arguments other than that I don't think it's cool to label someone transphobic just because they don't care enough to support the trans movement. I think we should all be able to just get along and just go to the bathroom without fear of harassment or laws, but for the most part I do not care whatsoever. It doesn't effect me. That's just the kind of person I am. If my friends or family were suffering, that would be different, but I find it really hard to care about a bunch of total strangers. I have no feelings about them. It's sad, that they're treated poorly, but I am not sad about it. So, does that make me transphobic too? Because I'm not gonna fight tooth and nail beside a bunch of strangers so they can pee freely, when this has absolutely nothing to do with me? I just think that's a very hasty assumption. You're basically saying that if I don't help trans people fight for their bathroom rights, then I must hate them or dislike them. I'm not angry, or anything like that. If I'm labeled transphobic, oh well. I just think what you said is honestly silly. And of course you weren't directing this comment at me, obviously, but I wanted to share my two cents.

I'm actually with you on this. Honestly, if one person can't argue with someone without labeling someone for disagreeing with them (such as racist, misogynist, homophobe, transphobe, nazi, communist, terrorist, fascist etc.), then it's clear that they're being the bully. If you villify one person for having a certain opinion, then you're being the real bully. To me, receiving a negative reputation being your responsibility isn't about what you think. It's what you do that determines your reputation. I'm okay with gyro believing that every place should be forced to allow transgender people to use bathrooms of their identity. Why isn't he okay with me believing the opposite? They're all opinions.

I honestly think there's no point in being on this thread anymore. If it all comes down to namecalling and shaming for what they believe, there shouldn't be any discussion of hot news stories. And this is one of these issues people are rigid to their views.

Last edited:
ok, so now we're supporting low-key transphobia and playing the victim card for it?

cool

also, "it doesn't affect me, so to hell with those it does" is purely a disgustingly hateful mindset to have. so stop pretending otherwise

Last edited:
ok, so now we're supporting low-key transphobia and playing the victim card for it?

cool

also, "it doesn't affect me, so to hell with those it does" is purely a disgustingly hateful mindset to have. so stop pretending otherwise

Who's pretending though? If it's disgusting, then so be it. And I don't think anyone is supporting transphobia. We're just not fighting it either. Half of us aren't involved. That's it. I don't hate trans people, but it's not like I know any in real life, and I'm not trans either. I have no reason to fight. It just doesn't affect me. I am simply existing, and I am being scolded for living my life. I wasn't calling myself a victim, but I wasn't the one making implications either.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I just don't understand how I'm supporting something, by not supporting something. I am literally doing nothing.

Didn't you say you were done?

Anyways:

First point, cisgender people do not get to decide what is or isn't transphobia. Just like straight people can't decide what is or isn't homophobia.

"but for the most part I do not care whatsoever. It doesn't effect me. That's just the kind of person I am. If my friends or family were suffering, that would be different, but I find it really hard to care about a bunch of total strangers."

Cool! Thanks for sharing that you have no sympathy or compassion or empathy for people who are suffering just because you don't know them personally.

"So, does that make me transphobic too?"

Even if not, it does make you on transphobes' side and it does make you, you know, kind of a bad and definitely a selfish person.

"If I'm labeled transphobic, oh well."

Being labelled a bigot isn't something you should shrug off, it's something that should make you should go "Oh, maybe I should change the way I think and speak about this group of people.

I'm actually with you on this. Honestly, if one person can't argue with someone without labeling someone for disagreeing with them (such as racist, misogynist, homophobe, transphobe, nazi, communist, terrorist, fascist etc.), then it's clear that they're being the bully. If you villify one person for having a certain opinion, then you're being the real bully. To me, receiving a negative reputation being your responsibility isn't about what you think. It's what you do that determines your reputation. I'm okay with gyro believing that every place should be forced to allow transgender people to use bathrooms of their identity. Why isn't he okay with me believing the opposite? They're all opinions.

I honestly think there's no point in being on this thread anymore. If it all comes down to namecalling and shaming for what they believe, there shouldn't be any discussion of hot news stories. And this is one of these issues people are rigid to their views.

I've said this before but I'll say it again: Calling someone any form of bigot is not bullying because these things are not insults. They are words to define and often criticize your behaviour. If you take them as an insult, there is a high chance you are indeed whatever word they're throwing at you and you need to reflect on yourself.

I'm not okay with you having the opposite "opinion" because you are putting peoples' ****ing lives in danger. How can you (or anyone) sit there and think "My opinion that these people who have done NOTHING wrong to anyone let alone myself deserve to have a more compromised life is just a harmless opinion"? It's disgusting. It's revolting. And I'll ask you again: Where the hell do you want transgender to pee then?

I don't hate trans people, but it's not like I know any in real life, and I'm not trans either. I have no reason to fight. It just doesn't affect me.

you should not have to know anyone like this to want people to not be treated as sub-human just for existing. this should be a child's level of basic understanding of empathy

I am simply existing

wow, lucky you

Didn't you say you were done?

Anyways:

First point, cisgender people do not get to decide what is or isn't transphobia. Just like straight people can't decide what is or isn't homophobia.

"but for the most part I do not care whatsoever. It doesn't effect me. That's just the kind of person I am. If my friends or family were suffering, that would be different, but I find it really hard to care about a bunch of total strangers."

Cool! Thanks for sharing that you have no sympathy or compassion or empathy for people who are suffering just because you don't know them personally.

"So, does that make me transphobic too?"

Even if not, it does make you on transphobes' side and it does make you, you know, kind of a bad and definitely a selfish person.

"If I'm labeled transphobic, oh well."

Being labelled a bigot isn't something you should shrug off, it's something that should make you should go "Oh, maybe I should change the way I think and speak about this group of people.

I've said this before but I'll say it again: Calling someone any form of bigot is not bullying because these things are not insults. They are words to define and often criticize your behaviour. If you take them as an insult, there is a high chance you are indeed whatever word they're throwing at you and you need to reflect on yourself.

I'm not okay with you having the opposite "opinion" because you are putting peoples' ****ing lives in danger. How can you (or anyone) sit there and think "My opinion that these people who have done NOTHING wrong to anyone let alone myself deserve to have a more compromised life is just a harmless opinion"? It's disgusting. It's revolting. And I'll ask you again: Where the hell do you want transgender to pee then?

I was done with my previous argument. This is a different one. I do have some sympathy, empathy, and compassion. I'm not completely heartless, but it does vary on the situation. This one in particular doesn't bother me as much as others. And I'm pretty sure anytime something is referred to as a phobia, this phobia or whatever triggers is revolved around fear/disgust/dislike and I feel none of those things for trans people. I do not fear, or dislike, or feel disgusted by them whatsoever. They're just more people to me. And while I may be a selfish, cold-hearted, bigot I don't believe I in any way have ever mistreated this particular group of people. It's not like I actively go around and insult them, talk about my dislike of them. I rarely ever talk about them, because it is not of my concern. What is my concern is when people do things like this and accuse me of being some sort of monster because I wanna be selfish sometimes. I'm not sorry I'm not going to go out of my way for someone else this time. I do my share, whether other people know it or not. I'm not sorry I don't do what everyone else wants me to do. I'm not sorry that I chose to spend my time aiding other causes and movements instead of this one. I'm sorry for not being a sheep and doing what everyone else wants to do, because someone says I should, and that it's the right thing.

- - - Post Merge - - -

you should not have to know anyone like this to want people to not be treated as sub-human just for existing. this should be a child's level of basic understanding of empathy

wow, lucky you

I'm not saying that I have to know someone (it simply helps when having emotional ties to someone who is suffering), and like I said before, it's a very sad situation. But I'm not gonna cry about it, or take time out of my days to go advocate something I know little to nothing about. Instead I spend my time trying to advocate other causes. Whether the things I do are more important or not, I'm doing something of my own free will, for the well being of others.

This isn't entirely true. Just because the LGBT community are the victims of homophobia and trans-phobia doesn't mean they solely get to be judge, jury, and executioner on whether something is homophobic / trans-phobic. That would set a dangerous precedent where groups could choose to define something as discrimination even if it really isn't. If something is really homophobic or trans-phobic, then many (but obviously not all) straight / cis people can recognize that it's wrong and it's discrimination. If people in the LGBT community (and a few SJWs) are literally the only people who are offended by something, then it feeds into the narrative that they're looking for special privileges instead of equal protection.

ah yes as a simple transgender i can confirm that being called a transphobe is worse than being a victim of transphobia #istandwithcispeople #cispride #eviltransgenders #antisjw #stopthehate

This isn't entirely true. Just because the LGBT community are the victims of homophobia and trans-phobia doesn't mean they solely get to be judge, jury, and executioner on whether something is homophobic / trans-phobic. That would set a dangerous precedent where groups could choose to define something as discrimination even if it really isn't. If something is really homophobic or trans-phobic, then many (but obviously not all) straight / cis people can recognize that it's wrong and it's discrimination. If people in the LGBT community (and a few SJWs) are literally the only people who are offended by something, then it feeds into the narrative that they're looking for special privileges instead of equal protection.
?!?!!??????????????????

are u all 4 real i wanna Die. why the **** would it not be transphobia because cis people didnt find it offensive honestly can you all just stop ???

also to the person w/ the weird username that keeps liking the transphobic posts Speak Up Pls i wanna hear ur opinions too :>

What is my concern is when people do things like this and accuse me of being some sort of monster because I wanna be selfish sometimes. I'm not sorry I'm not going to go out of my way for someone else this time. I do my share, whether other people know it or not. I'm not sorry I don't do what everyone else wants me to do. I'm not sorry that I chose to spend my time aiding other causes and movements instead of this one. I'm sorry for not being a sheep and doing what everyone else wants to do, because someone says I should, and that it's the right thing.

eden_of_the_east_00007.jpg

If something is really homophobic or trans-phobic, then many (but obviously not all) straight / cis people can recognize that it's wrong and it's discrimination. If people in the LGBT community (and a few SJWs) are literally the only people who are offended by something, then it feeds into the narrative that they're looking for special privileges instead of equal protection.

yo, maybe think about why LGBT/SJW groups are pushing this harder than your average cishet person

ah yes as a simple transgender i can confirm that being called a transphobe is worse than being a victim of transphobia

I don't think anyone said anything like this? Obviously being a victim of transphobia is worse, there was no need for the sarcasm. I think anyone with a brain, even if they don't have a heart, knows that the harassment that comes from transphobists (is this even a word?) is bad. I'm fairly certain we were trying to argue what was and was not transphobia.

also to the person w/ the weird username that keeps liking the transphobic posts Speak Up Pls i wanna hear ur opinions too :>

I can agree with them and not post here, asshat. They're not transphobic and I'm not going to argue with a bunch of people who can't handle other opinions. Sorry!

also SPECIAL PRIVILEGES AHFIFPVLVK I want to die just ****ing pull the trigger
how is it SPECIAL PRIVILEGE to want to simply want to be allowed to exist??? to live????? to not be harassed, hated, discriminated, murdered or anything else????? if thats a special privilegd then YEAH i want this Special Privilege over the Cissexuals because i actually like the idea of not having ppl like me killed and bullied to ghe point of suicide because they are alive as trans people AhahaHahHha but yes sure we are all special snowflake sjws who just Like being offended bc it is our hobbies

I dislike being mislabeled, but I still don't consider myself a victim or to be playing one. I have been harmed in no way.

sorry but not disagreeing with transphobia is transphobia. not "as bad" but still bad. im not trying to make you feel bad about yourself i just want you to understand that you can do or say transphobic things even if you dont mean to and if someone calls u oit on it it is better to think sbout it imstead of going into defense mode bc it usually isnt a personal attack

I can agree with them and not post here, asshat. They're not transphobic and I'm not going to argue with a bunch of people who can't handle other opinions. Sorry!

i can handle opinions
these are transphobic opinions tho
and i dont like those
and ive been rly Patient but Yeah

- - - Post Merge - - -

I don't think anyone said anything like this? Obviously being a victim of transphobia is worse, there was no need for the sarcasm. I think anyone with a brain, even if they don't have a heart, knows that the harassment that comes from transphobists (is this even a word?) is bad. I'm fairly certain we were trying to argue what was and was not transphobia.

well how isnt letting trans people exist in public transphobic

sorry but not disagreeing with transphobia is transphobia. not "as bad" but still bad. im not trying to make you feel bad about yourself i just want you to understand that you can do or say transphobic things even if you dont mean to and if someone calls u oit on it it is better to think sbout it imstead of going into defense mode bc it usually isnt a personal attack

I don't feel attacked, and I'm not upset about it. I also don't have a problem accepting my flaws. I genuinely feel that I have been mislabeled and I dislike that. Now if someone had said that I did or said something transphobic, I can completely agree with that, but I do not believe I am transphobic, as a person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back