Hot Cocoa
Snowflake Glow Wand
Yellow Tulip
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Orange Candy
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
Yes, I know it is another of these political threads, but this one is quite interesting. The bathroom debate is already back in the spotlight after Trump has reversed Obama's executive action requiring all schools to allow transgender students to use bathrooms of their gender identity. Not only that, but the Supreme Court is gonna hear arguments on this whole issue.

His reasoning is that this issue should be left up to the states and not the federal government. I only half-agree to this. While I do have to admit that Obama has overstepped his bounds when trying to do this, this is not a decision that should be dealt with by the states. Ever since North Carolina passed a law requiring transgenders using public restrooms that correspond with their sex, it faced a similar fallout that Target went through after the hacking in 2013. They lost a lot of money and jobs because of the boycotts. Even some bands, companies, and sports teams have completely mothballed the state. So I don't think it should be up to the law that decides what bathrooms or public facilities transgender people should use, city, state, or federal. However, I do think that transgenders shouldn't be discriminated from basic rights, including the right to use public restrooms in general. The choice issue is the only reason why this became controversial. I'm not for forcing trans people to use bathrooms of their biological sex. I'm just against having this issue involved in law and politics. But I do think gendered public facilities should be upheld and mandated federally, mainly to separate cis-males and cis-females for privacy reasons.

So when it comes to the bathroom debate, I do think it should be dealt with at the federal level when it comes to cis-gendered people. But for transgender people, that should be left up to the commercial services and not politics. If it's a chain of institutions or businesses, the superintendents and chief executive officers should decide on this, or take the middle ground (where they don't even care which bathrooms trans people should use). I don't want to see another state or a city to face boycotts for taking sides on the debate.

What are your opinions on this? Do you think this was another dumb move of Trump's when he was in office, or do you think he's right?

Not getting into the human-rights component of this, it's ironic that this executive order actually limits individual freedom. Obama's order basically said that people should be able to pick which restroom they feel most comfortable using while Trump's reversal of the order gives government the ability to tell people which restroom they have to use.

Not getting into the human-rights component of this, it's ironic that this executive order actually limits individual freedom. Obama's order basically said that people should be able to pick which restroom they feel most comfortable using while Trump's reversal of the order gives government the ability to tell people which restroom they have to use.

Do you know what's even more ironic? Trump actually believes that schools should allow transgender students to use bathrooms of their gender identity. But the fact that he rather let the states decide would contradict this. Especially since Republicans dominate 25 state governments in all chambers.

I believe that everybody should go in the bathrooms that their physical body needs. You wouldn't use a urinal if you had a vagina, you know what I mean?

But I've always said that unisex bathrooms need to be a thing as soon as humanly possibly. The whole "they're going to allow old perverts in dresses in with our children" debate is garbage because this does not legalise rape or molestation. When I go in a public bathroom, the last thing I wanna do is hang around.

Have any of you ever been in one? They're really disgusting, and you should never sit on one of the toilets (I've had practice from an early age of bending over to do my business). You should go there to do your business and that is it. I don't care who is in there with me, frankly. I just want to get out.

Nobody would wanna be in any, if given the choice. Give everyone unisex bathrooms and then everyone gets to be happy.

Last edited:
But Jim Crow laws stayed in for ages because nobody put pressure on the states, eventually they had to do a federal court ruling because - shocker - NOBODY WAS REVERSING THEIR SEGREGATION LAWS.

If he allows states to decide, it'll just be another "okay, we're doing it........" but never really do it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Starbucks has unisex bathrooms can we all just follow Starbucks' lead thank you

#starbucksladyforpresident

- - - Post Merge - - -

Trump’s odds of leaving office before his first term are 10/11 hALLELUH LADIES

I think its another dumb move on his part, he's going to start another uproar.

Transsexuals have the genitalia that they desire, so naturally they should be in the restroom that is for their genitalia and their biologically men and women as well as mentally so it really shouldn't be a problem. =/

Crimes committed by people who claim their transsexual are very low and shouldn't affect the opinion of transsexual people because their people just like us but unfortunately it still does , here: X

I'm not denying that people have dressed up as the opposite sex to assault people before because it has happened a few times but I don't like the people who claim their trans when they aren't because it affects the innocent trans people immensely which is just unfair and the amount of narrow minded people who believe all trans people are sexual predators is astonishing, its just not helping at all.

Unisex restrooms are ideal but the amount of criticism they receive makes them unlikely, I guess people would feel uncomfortable with the opposite sex looking at them or something...I wouldn't know because I don't use public restrooms.

Like I always say, let LGBT+ people be ourselves without judgement, let us do what we want because we aren't hurting anyone and I mean anyone so please leave us alone, thank you.

Last edited:
Is this man getting re-elected in 2020?

I'm not sure if this will happen, but I already know he's reversing some of the work Obama has done. He's done this, withdrawn the US from the TPP, and is even repealing Obamacare. He's probably gonna reverse some of the work done by the federal government between the Nixon and Clinton administrations as well.

I'm not sure if this will happen, but I already know he's reversing some of the work Obama has done. He's done this, withdrawn the US from the TPP, and is even repealing Obamacare. He's probably gonna reverse some of the work done by the federal government between the Nixon and Clinton administrations as well.

Such as what? I know he's heavily against NAFTA, which was negotiated during the administration of George H. W. Bush and then went into effect during the Clinton administration, but what else could he possible reverse, or at least want to?

Such as what? I know he's heavily against NAFTA, which was negotiated during the administration of George H. W. Bush and then went into effect during the Clinton administration, but what else could he possible reverse, or at least want to?

Roe v. Wade.

He wants to appoint justices that would overturn this decision.

He hasn't announced or shown interest in running for 2020, at least not what I've seen. My fear is that he will make same-sex marriage illegal again and we'll be back to square one. He could do all of that and even re-introduce slavery (because he's old enough to remember it) and nobody would stop him.

Roe v. Wade.

He wants to appoint justices that would overturn this decision.

Oh right, that... I should've remembered that, he always campaigned on that.

- - - Post Merge - - -

He hasn't announced or shown interest in running for 2020, at least not what I've seen. My fear is that he will make same-sex marriage illegal again and we'll be back to square one. He could do all of that and even re-introduce slavery (because he's old enough to remember it) and nobody would stop him.

What was the purpose of his rally in Florida on Saturday, then? He even already created a re-election committee.

Last edited:
it's a horrific, inhumane, illegal decision and it's going to lead to more violence and discrimination against the trans community and more suicides and self hate among trans people. cried about it already today etc.

for the record, btw! the way to talk about people who are transgender is to say transgender people, not "transgenders." transgender is not a noun, so it's not appropriate to use it as one, bc being transgender is not the entire embodiment of someone's personhood! it's the same as if you said "the olds are waving their hands in seniors pilates," rather than "the old people are waving their hands in seniors pilates." that's bc old is an adjective to describe a person ~

and generally, the term is not "transsexuals" unless an individual specifically has said they refer to themself as a transsexual. it's an old, loaded term.

Last edited:
What was the purpose of his rally in Florida on Saturday, then? He even already created a re-election committee.

Presidents usually don't announce their intentions for re-election until about 2 years in, because it looks like they aren't focused on the job if they're already planning their re-election when they're barely into their first term. Trump running for re-election isn't a sure thing since he is 70 years old already and he might be so fatigued from his first term given how much opposition he faces that he won't even want another term. Trump is basically acting like a guy who wants to light the house on fire before he leaves it.

Funny how State's Rights only ever seems to come up in matters of civil rights. *shakes head*

I'm actually the only one on this thread so far that opposes making all bathrooms unisex. Maybe it would lead to more sex crimes (including non-violent ones like voyeurism). Maybe the opposite is true. But even if sex crimes isn't the issue, I still don't think it's right for a boy to be in the girls' restroom or vice versa. Same with a man in the woman's restroom. Opponents of the gendered bathrooms would throw in "discrimination" into the argument and would compare this to the separation of races in public restrooms, but I am 100% skeptical of claims that gendered bathrooms were meant to oppress women. I'm also skeptical of the claims that "privacy and security in bathrooms is a lie". You can believe what you want to believe, but this is what I believe. For now, I think gendered bathrooms (which has been a social norm for a while) should stay until it really becomes a liability or until all businesses can spin off public bathrooms creatively, like this:

hero_0.jpg

If all public restrooms look like this, then there would be no reason to have gender restrictions in public restrooms. It would cost a lot of money, but it would finally end this ridiculous debate.

I don't have strong feelings about this. I think people should be able to use whatever bathroom they want but I see the reasoning behind having people use the bathroom that matches what's in their pants. And while gender neutral bathrooms are preferable I think that will take a ton* of money to implement everywhere.

And if we're arguing that trans can use whatever bathroom because people don't regularly get attacked in bathrooms, why can't we all just use the one that matches what's in our pants?

I just think there are bigger issues to focus on than bathrooms.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back