• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do I reset?

Sophiefish

Bells
So.... I'm starting to get a bit bored of my town but I'm in 2 minds whether to restart the game as I'm so nervous to do it in case I regret it. My museum is only missing 1 bug and then it's complete, I also have 40 million bells in my bank and lots of furniture and villagers that I don't really want to lose. I'm worried that if I do it I'll then regret it! I'm wondering whether to buy a second game so then I have 2 towns! What are people's experiences resetting there town?

Last edited:
Why are you getting bored of your town? Maybe focus on completing your catalogue and badge collection now. I completed my museum and have a lot of bells saved up, at times I do get bored but I know I would regret deleting my town.
A way I keep busy is by visiting dream towns, it makes you appreciate your town and the town of others which is a fun thing to do.

I ended getting up a second game. I have my first town on the cartridge and my new town on the digital copy. I am glad I didn't restart because in my second new town I randomly wish I had things from my first town. So its really like to be able to switch back to my first town and feel like I am "home."

I have restarted when I got bored but that wasn't the only reason, I had quite a lot of flaws and I really thought hard about it but it was worth it in the end.
I've restarted twice since then and it's been frustrating but all you need is dedication and patience, if you feel like you're going to regret it or not bother with your new town I wouldn't do it. When you're done or almost finished it really felt good to me because my town is much better than my older ones because I've developed more skills.
Like Fruitcup said, what I do sometimes is go to random dream towns and it makes me appreciate my town more or not, that might help you make your decision.
I suggest getting a second game if you're willing to spend a bit of money.

Last edited:
For some reason my town feels really small, I don't know if it's just me but when I see other people's town they always feel really big, i don't think I'm going to rush into it. Iv reset it before but I wasn't that far into it so it didn't bother me.

For some reason my town feels really small, I don't know if it's just me but when I see other people's town they always feel really big, i don't think I'm going to rush into it. Iv reset it before but I wasn't that far into it so it didn't bother me.

Hellos!

I'm currently on my 5th town and loving it. My past towns I would always muck up placement of the campsite and caf?.

I was getting frustrated with my current town because it felt small and I couldn't fit any pwps anywhere, but one thing helped change all that which I believe could be the solution you need.

Tear your town up and rebuild it. If your bored of your town but love some of the things in it, why not do some landscaping?

I visits LOTS of dream addresses everyday to pass the time and instead of liking other towns and hating mine, I use what I like in other towns to make mine a bit better.

Let me know what you think of this and a word of advice:

If your not 100% sure about resetting your town then that 1% of uncertainty will be much greater when it turns into regret ^-^

Hopefully this has helped out a bit!!!

I can't wait to see what you decide to do, nya ^-^

Last edited:
I feel like you are a bit too far to erase your town completely. If you are tired of your current town and would like to change everything about it, then I'd understand but if that isn't the case, then make another villager and play as that character. The only downside is that you won't be able to be a mayor but it is up to you. I wouldn't delete it though because it feels like such a waste >_<

I feel the same way all the time! I think it feels like other towns are bigger because they are new and foreign, when you get used to your own town it all seems smaller. But then again, sometimes towns can be a tiny bit smaller that others, for example my main town is very small and narrow compared to my second town. Visit if you'd like, my DAs are in my signature.

I personally wouldn't start again from fresh, removing the old game. I'd keep it so that way you still can work on your old town. If you really are getting bored, then I suggest getting a new copy of the game then just starting on that. That way you still have your old stuff, you can work on both :)

Thank you guys I think I'm going to visit a few peoples dream addresses and try and get a bit of inspiration from them to improve my town. Your right I have come so far in the game that to reset it would feel like such a waste I may get another game in the near future but for now I think I should keep my town and try improve it. :)

Back