• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Blue roses are just a myth.

DaviddivaD

Sleepless Grandpa
Bells
Tasty Cake
I know that you need two hybrid red roses, which I do have, but blue roses won't grow. I've wasted so much fertilizer. Any tips, advice?

I struggled with them at first too but then they started spawning slowly. I don't have any tips because it just took some time but I can let you have 2 for free so that you can get started if you'd like.

Last edited:
It took me around 2 - 3 months for the first blue rose to appear, and that's with using fertilizer everyday. But it did happen. You just have to be realllllly patient :)

takes a long time
also you have to be sure they rly are hybrid red roses. i grew more hybrid red roses and had a little field of them on the beach and eventually i got some. i tt:ed so idk how long it took but stay strong lmao

it took me a few days to get my first blue rose and that's extremely lucky
you could get a few blue roses from re-tail (on this forum) though

They're not a myth, they're just incredibly hard to grow. That's why I got all my hybrids from friends and people on this forum because I'm too lazy and impatient to grow them on my own.

When I first started my town someone came and helped me set up a bunch of areas to grow hybrids. I wish I could remember who it was because she was so sweet and all my hybrids are still growing. I have a lot of blue roses from it. She would set them up in a diamond shape and then put a fertilizer right in the middle. The blue roses would pop out on the sides of the triangle.

It's just super hard to get blue roses from scratch but once you have two blue roses, it becomes easier to grow more.

i have literally only seen blue roses online. I don't think I'm gonna be a good enough gardener to grow my own

Last edited:
I think the positioning of the red roses matter, you need to put the diagonal from each other, like checkered, for a higher chance of a hybrid or the blue rose spawning in between, if you put them next to each other, that's probably the reason of why it's taking so long. Usually blue roses take long to get though. So just be patient if you did this.

I tried growing them for about three months, and finally gave up. I bought a pair online. They're probably the easiest to grow, once you get a pair. I like doing most things on my own, but I was just tired of waiting.

I tried and tried for 10 months, with every suggestion out there on how to position, etc. The only suggestion I didn't try was eliminating all other flowers from my town! Haha, talk about stubborn, huh? But I gave up last week, bought two from someone, and all they spawned were white roses three days in a row! That was inside my fence, with fertilizer and golden watering can! I read that if they give white roses, they might be hacked. So, end of story, bought some that someone raised and now I am finally growing some myself. They really exist, and they are beautiful! Moral of story: keep trying or buy some from a reliable source.

What about purple pansies? Are they a myth as well?

I hereby challenge everyone who posted in this thread to breed blue roses the right way.

No time travelling. No buying hybrids off someone else. No watering the blue roses (if you have any). You have to start from scratch.

Wow I had no idea it took so long to grow them! I've been setting up flowers in my town and I'm hoping to grow some pink ones! I have a few orange, pink, and black flowers by chance, but I'd love to make my town look better!

It'll take a long time for your first two blue roses to happen. Fertilizer and patience.

I really recommend buying them from someone else, then watering the ones you bought with a golden can so you can grow them yourself. I tried and tried and tried and got none at all.

What about purple pansies? Are they a myth as well?

I hereby challenge everyone who posted in this thread to breed blue roses the right way.

No time travelling. No buying hybrids off someone else. No watering the blue roses (if you have any). You have to start from scratch.

Ha ha! You can't be serious. It's a game! I do respect the passionate hybreeders such as yourself, who have been at it for many years, otherwise how would I be able to buy blue roses or purple pansies? It's not my passion to breed flowers, it's a mini-game to me. My passion is the villagers...getting them fruit, fish, etc. Delivering items from one to another. Trading with them. Buying their stuff they bought on a whim, and so on.

I'm not amassing bells or trying to fill my catalog, but those things are okay if others want to do them. I do, however, have my golden house. ;) That was fun! Waiting for fertilizer to show up in the Nook shop was not fun. Neither was buying fertilizer every day, day after day, trying every trick I read about, and being disappointed every morning! I admit it, I gave up, and I'm GLAD! Back to having fun! To each his own!

Last edited:
Ha ha! You can't be serious. It's a game! I do respect the passionate hybreeders such as yourself, who have been at it for many years, otherwise how would I be able to buy blue roses or purple pansies? It's not my passion to breed flowers, it's a mini-game to me. My passion is the villagers...getting them fruit, fish, etc. Delivering items from one to another. Trading with them. Buying their stuff they bought on a whim, and so on.

I'm not amassing bells or trying to fill my catalog, but those things are okay if others want to do them. I do, however, have my golden house. ;) That was fun! Waiting for fertilizer to show up in the Nook shop was not fun. Neither was buying fertilizer every day, day after day, trying every trick I read about, and being disappointed every morning! I admit it, I gave up, and I'm GLAD! Back to having fun! To each his own!

I was only kidding. I know it's a game and that most people aren't passionate about hybreeding as I am.

Back