We don't have retro games in New Leaf, but...

Buster Bunny

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
What if they added a Super Nintendo furniture which allowed us to play a 16 bit mock of New Leaf which we could create a town with 16 bits sprites?

The game could even had a mock up package in the style of the 90s.

Since it would difficult to simulate our town in 16 bits, it would be more convenient if we started fresh.

Sounds kind of pointless tbh. Don't get me wrong, it's a really cute idea and I would love to see a 16-bit minigame in New Leaf. But since you can already create a town in the actual game, I would rather see something different.

As been said, pointless, but I think it's a good idea. It'd be nice if you'd finished your town (is that even possible? lol) and have no motivation to play because you had finished your town.

i would kill to have n64 balloon fight again tbh. that was the best. also super mario of course. there was something rly classic abt that in the gc version. i had every single n64 game and it was like a shrine to nostalgia. rly enjoyable lol

i'd like some different animal crossing themed games, that didn't rely on the charm of pixels to woo us over

I also agree that would be repetitive and would take a lot of effort to put together. The value of that mini game would not come close to equalling the production cost and time.

However, I think a simple tomodachi type game would be easy enough to make. Or they could put in samples of already created old school games like they had in the GameCube version.

I have to say though I'm very satisfied with the game you can play on the 3DS fortune item. That was a pleasant surprise and more effort than I expected.

Last edited:
Yes, I miss the NES games so much! Don't think they'd work well on a 3ds though?
You know what would work... And I would love so much.... Classic Gameboy games for ACNL!

To be perfectly honest though all I want is the original Tetris game in ACNL lol so my Mayor character can get just as addicted to it as me. (And so that I don't have to drag my Gameboy along with my 3ds all the time). I just really like Tetris okay? xD

Back