• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

have you ever had surgery?

HungryForCereal

if it was you I'd never want to leave...
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Pink Summer Shell
Mint
Pavé
how did it feel like before entering the operating room? And any pain after the surgery? share your experience.

Hmm I remember there being a nice nurse who made sure I was 100% comfortable. It was a pretty painless experience, as when they wheeled me to the operating room, they just rolled me onto the table, put a mask on me, then told me to count to 100. I just remember counting... and it felt as if I blinked and then I woke up in a different room. They just knocked me out for the surgery, although i was a bit wobbly and weak after surgery tho. I'd say my experience was well though :)

nope, thankfully not. when i was younger the dentist talked abut maybe having to give me surgery bc my teeth are ****ed but idk thats optional i think so /:

This should be fun. c:

My first experience.

When I was five I banged my head really hard against a huge rock and split my a bit of my forehead open, I went to tell a teacher and she noticed my head was bleeding but I wasn't crying or experiencing any sort of pain so she was really worried and immediately called my mum. My mum brought me to the hospital and I got a few stitches (once again, wasn't sore), the doctor said the hole was really deep and that I shouldn't be on my two feet or walking, so let's just say I was king that day. Who knew I had that high of a pain tolerance, I didn't notice a flipping hole in my forehead. XD

I didn't feel scared, embarrassed or anything, I was just like "wat u lookin at, Stahp it!"

My second experience.

When I was young I had an extremely bad breathing problem and I had to sleep with my mum because she was afraid of me not breathing in my sleep, cause you know....I'd die. So she decided to get these things from noise removed (I don't remember what they're) so I could breath properly. So we went to the hospital to get them removed and we were taking to the surgery room, the surgeons told me to pick a colour (they had a green, orange and red light on front of me), I couldn't decide and the reason they did this was to distract me from the fact that I was being knocked out for surgery, how dare they! Lmao, I woke up the next morning with my mum beside, I was really dizzy and fragile but I managed to get up and we went to the nurse to get the needle removed (it was only arm), OK this is the funny bit, I got the needle out, literally didn't feel like anything but when they took of the little clip (after you have undergone surgery) on my finger I literally SCREAMED! What? Maybe I imagined it was painful, but a needle wasn't? What a weird child.

Last edited:
The only surgery I had was getting my wisdom teeth removed. I remember going to the clinic early in the morning. They made me watch a video about the procedure, gave me some advil and took me to another room. I sat in the chair, put the IV in and I remember the surgeon saying he liked my sweater. The last thing I remember was asking if I wanted the radio on.

I woke up in another room, and all I saw was hands infront of me folding gauze. At some point I was walking down a hall to leave, and people saying dont look down. Next thing f I remember is I am in my dad's truck. I don't remember the ride home

I slept for a couple of hours, and when I woke up I tried to take some pain killers. I started crying because I couldn't swallow them. My mom suggested to cut the pill I'm half. Turned out I couldn't swallow because mtouth was full of gauze

I've had surgery twice, both dental. The first time I was maybe 8 years old. I don't remember it very well. I remember the doctor gassed me. I was told after that I didn't sleep through it and was talking the whole time. I do remember seeing white spots that were probably the design on the eye mask I wore.

The second time was when I was 16 getting my wisdom teeth out. I was put under with a needle and gas. I didn't feel anything. Afterwards I was like a sloppy drunk. The kid who was going after me didn't want to be put under and end up like me. I recall my mom bought me a milkshake on the way home but I couldn't use a straw and I was still messed up from the medicine and ended up spilling most of the shake onto my chin and shirt rather than eating it.

Not yet.. thankfully. But I'll be having surgery this upcoming spring where they remove (benign) tumor from my hip. The operation is not in my mind that much yet but I think I'll be terrified when the day comes.

Last edited:
When I broke my finger, I was put to sleep for surgery but I swear I kept waking up mid-through operation but I also think that was the end too since I remember vividly seeing them stitching up my finger. I also broke my right leg too and my experience with that was more comfortable than with my finger. I?m assuming it had to do with just what they were dealing with.

Nope. Not even serious dental surgeries since I haven't had to get my wisdom teeth removed. I'm not scared of surgery itself but I am scared of the price... lived the majority of my life without any form of healthcare so any kind of hospital visits scare me.

when i was two to remove my thumb but apart from that, nothing!

no, i needed surgery on my jaw once but i was a baby and said no so i had to fix it the long and painful way

I got my tonsils taken out when i was 8 I waited so long for them to actually get me into surgery but after that things went fast and there was a lot of pain after. Then recently I had oral surgery to take out some teeth it was scary being put under again but it was very fast but very painful after an hour or so.

yes. Appendectomy, Rhinoplasty and Root Canal Treatment.

I've had surgery 4 times. 3 of them were for the same health issue which still hasn't been completely fix. It's more of a nuisance rather than a threat. The 4th surgery I had to get my gallbladder removed because I had gallstones. It's kind of a thing that happens on my mom's side. The operating room can feel a little overwhelming with all of the equipment, but when they set you down it's super comfy. I've been under anesthetics each surgery and I've never had a problem.

Never had surgery, fortunately. I keep myself in quite good condition. Part of it is likely because I'm a vegan and am very careful what I consume.

Had all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed. Went in high as **** off the xanax they gave me (it evaporates all anxiety and makes the anesthesia more effective), sat in a chair, made small talk with the nurses while they stuck an IV in my arm and...nothing. Next memory I have is being in my former roommate's car asking if we could stop for some ginger ale. Next memory I have is walking towards my bed. Don't remember leaving the office, getting in the car, or walking into the apartment. Apparently I handed him my phone immediately after the surgery and asked him to take a photo of me so "I could see the swelling" - it's just a pic of me with a stupid grin on my face haha. Also told him I was hallucinating, seeing the road's median swirling. Definitely the ketamine in the chemical cocktail they gave me to put me under.

They really hyped up all the possible complications you can suffer from on the off-chance. Other than bleeding like a stuck pig for 5 hours it was really smooth, pain wasn't bad at all and I didn't even need to take the oxycodone the doctor prescribed me. Still got a bunch of it lying around for a rainy day. :p

the only surgery i had was cosmetic, right after i was born because i had a skin tag on my face! you can still kind of see where they removed it, if i'm sick or overheated and the color of my face changes, it stands out. i actually need to have surgery because my nose is so messed up i can only breathe through one nostril ^^; i just can't afford it yet and i'm a little scared of getting it but i'm hoping it'll really help me.

Never had surgery, fortunately. I keep myself in quite good condition. Part of it is likely because I'm a vegan and am very careful what I consume.

Are u telling me my lung spontaneously collapsed because I ate a steak

the only time i had surgery was when i was 1 or 2 and had to go to the er because i had an ammonia but i cant remember anything else. my brother broke his bones all the time so i remember that more. the 2nd and 3rd time i didnt really care but the first time i saw his bone go through his knee when he fell off a bike from a hill. good times

I had a laparoscopic cholecystectomy....heh,technical term for having my gall bladder yanked out, back in '99.It was very painful for a few days afterwards and I had to wear a nasty drain cup for about a week.I also had hernia surgery in 2012.That didn't hurt as much as the gall bladder surgery but I was out of work for a month.I wasn't all that nervous for either surgery because both of the doctors I had were very experienced and the doctor that did my gall bladder was an expert in that particular type of surgery and he trained other doctors how to do it.I remember the operating rooms being very cold...almost like a walk-in fridge.And when they administer the anesthesia they have you count to one hundred but I didn't make it past three either time.

Back