• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Town with natural (dead grass) pathways

Nekoneko

黒猫
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
I'd love to see anyones town with natural pathways! I have been reading about them, and how you have to run all over your paths and save a few times every day. It sounds like a ton of work but I love the result.

a friend was telling me about this the other day! it seems like it would be a lot of hassle but i'd love to see some examples of it, i bet it's pretty!

These types of paths would be the ideal for me. I'd pick those > qr paths but the sheer amount of work they take is too much for me when designing a town without all that is already tedious enough for me.

Last edited:
I do not have dirt paths right now, but it's also still winter in my town. However, my plan is to have dirt paths with a few stepping stone patterns (to help with villager plots so I can let villagers move if they want to). Once I get it into action I'll make sure to let you know.

My town is 100% dirt paths if you want to take a look! DA is in my signature.
Come spring I have to run around town and recreate those dirt paths again since the snow ruined them :(

Come spring I have to run around town and recreate those dirt paths again since the snow ruined them :(
Exciting! Thank you!!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I do not have dirt paths right now, but it's also still winter in my town. However, my plan is to have dirt paths with a few stepping stone patterns (to help with villager plots so I can let villagers move if they want to). Once I get it into action I'll make sure to let you know.
Luckily winter will be over in a few days!!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Ok, WOW, your town is amazing!! I also want to do a forest theme, so this was perfect to look at! I like that it's at dusk, as well. Gives a really cool vibe of wandering the forest at a magical time. I have a question though. To the right a little of your train station is a tree that appears to have no leaves? Is that a hack?

Bumping this thread so I remember to check out dizzy's town too. But I'm at work and can't check til tonight or early tomorrow. :(

thanks for the link, i'll look as soon as i can!

These types of paths would be the ideal for me. I'd pick those > qr paths but the sheer amount of work they take is too much for me when designing a town without all that is already tedious enough for me.

aren't there some qr codes that have a similar look to them?

they made dirt paths look kinda bad in new leaf did anyone else like the way they were more yellow-ish in the other games? i like how they made them in amiibo festival tho it looks much better just get rid of the circles. new leaf's is way too dark brown imo

they made dirt paths look kinda bad in new leaf did anyone else like the way they were more yellow-ish in the other games? i like how they made them in amiibo festival tho it looks much better just get rid of the circles. new leaf's is way too dark brown imo
Hmm I like them, but I like when they're thin, not too thick.

Exciting! Thank you!!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Luckily winter will be over in a few days!!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Ok, WOW, your town is amazing!! I also want to do a forest theme, so this was perfect to look at! I like that it's at dusk, as well. Gives a really cool vibe of wandering the forest at a magical time. I have a question though. To the right a little of your train station is a tree that appears to have no leaves? Is that a hack?

Thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed it <3 Nope, no hacks! If you plant a perfect fruit tree and shake it enough times, the leaves eventually fall off :) I'm currently doing this all over my 2nd town to give it a horror vibe haha.

Back