Do you think ACNL is very flawed?

XenonKnight56

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
I LOVE ACNL, it's my favorite game.

I feel like you can't have a nice town without time traveling or resetting.
What do you think?

I don't think it's flawed, you just need a great deal of patience if you want to make a good town without resetting or TTing.

The only thing majorly flawed about it is the initiatives.

I'd suggest that you don't play so much in one day and play a little bit each day so it seems like it is moving a little faster.

I don't think so. I'm a patient person and I agree it's what you need to play Animal Crossing. I don't know if you have ever played the older games but if you time travelled in those you faced more punishment than in New Leaf. I think you can't enjoy the game day by day unless that's really how you play it all the time.

I'm very patient, I started my town without time traveling. But it's impossible to make as much progress with my town's exterior as I have without time travelling. Especially if you make a mistake, you have to re obtain everything. The blue roses are DEFINITELY IMPOSSIBLE to breed without time travelling, even if you know how to make them (liquify's blog is the most accurate thing I've ever seen). And acnl doesn't make certain rules clear like breeding, dead trees, bushes (liquify's log is amazing).

I don't think my town's possible without time traveling...
my DA is 5D00-003C-B4A0

i really wish I didn't have to time travel

- - - Post Merge - - -

Only after I unlocked everything lol At least I waited right?

I totally don't mind waiting. I've seen the way your town looks and you can't make it that nice without cheating (time travelling/hacking)

Last edited:
Yeah, I love to hate ACNL. My only problem is that the main things are all permanent and I like to remodel like once a year lol.
If they ever make a Town Designer I'd never see daylight again.

I think most of you just focus on their house's interior.
Interior's don't need time traveling because furniture is easy to get.

-Gracie Grace is evil!!
-pwp requests are evil!!

- - - Post Merge - - -

There is nothing wrong with time traveling

not exactly. I think time travelling is absolutely necessary but it's obviously not the way it's supposed to be played. It's a huge flaw how mandatory it is

I time travel because I'm not as patient as some people and because I don't always play everyday. I never plot reset though, I use all four character houses and can't be bothered. I prefer to play the way that works best for me.

Last edited:
I time travel because I'm not as patient as some people and because I don't always play everyday. I never plot reset though, I use all four character houses and can't be bothered. If people want to play completely vanilla, it's up to them, but I choose to play the way that works best for me.

What's your point?

I think most of you just focus on their house's interior.
Interior's don't need time traveling because furniture is easy to get.

-Gracie Grace is evil!!
-pwp requests are evil!!

- - - Post Merge - - -

not exactly. I think time travelling is absolutely necessary but it's obviously not the way it's supposed to be played. It's a huge flaw how mandatory it is
If TT wasn't one way to play, they wouldn't have made it possible.

there are definitely people who have played without even knowing how to TT at all, so acting like its impossible to have beautiful towns that are perfect and whatever.
the game has been out for like 4 years now, it's probably possible to have a town that is as nice as a town that someone time travelled in

I'm very patient, I started my town without time traveling. But it's impossible to make as much progress with my town's exterior as I have without time travelling. Especially if you make a mistake, you have to re obtain everything. The blue roses are DEFINITELY IMPOSSIBLE to breed without time travelling, even if you know how to make them (liquify's blog is the most accurate thing I've ever seen). And acnl doesn't make certain rules clear like breeding, dead trees, bushes (liquify's log is amazing).

I don't think my town's possible without time traveling...
my DA is 5D00-003C-B4A0

i really wish I didn't have to time travel

- - - Post Merge - - -

I totally don't mind waiting. I've seen the way your town looks and you can't make it that nice without cheating (time travelling/hacking)
I traded A LOT on here and gamefaqs. I guess some could see that as cheating. I only hacked to edit my map, not to obtain anything. It doesn't take too long to unlock every building except Katrina's shop and Gracie can be annoying to wait for. I think acnl is perfect. I'm obsessed.

You can get great towns without TTing or resetting, you can use tricks or strategies to get certain villagers or amiibo cards. And decorating just takes a lot of hard work, but by now it should be easy! But TTing and resetting isn't bad, that's why it's there! If you mean resetting your town it's fine, but resetting like when Resetti comes to scold you, ehhh, pretty bad. I'd say ACNL is the best game in the Animal Crossing franchise so far. I don't like Amiibo Festival or HHD so much...

Okay so firstly I'll admit, I've time travelled - we've mostly done it at some point in our lives. Regardless of version of Animal Crossing, either it be on the DS/3DS, gamecube, wii and any other platform it's been released upon that I've forgotten to mention.

Now I agree, it just takes patience in Animal Crossing, regardless of what you wish to achieve, patience. That's all you need, the developers of Animal Crossing didn't make it so you 'have to time travel' in order to enjoy the game. Having said that, I'm not against time travelling, the only thing I do not like is actual hacking of the game. Time travelling is something that is readily available to anyone. As mentioned, just takes time to do most things. Which I guess is why the game in real time, was developed that way so that players didn't get 'too' bored between new versions I guess.

Back