Breaking the habit of TT... It's hard!

Nekoneko

黒猫
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
I just bought a second copy of ACNL and i'm super excited. I have a much better map, character face and name than my original town. So i'm trying to start fresh and be good. But it's s hard already! Haha There doesn't feel like much to do at the very beginning while waiting for your house to be built and wait for the stores to expand. And I don't really want to cheat by visiting my other town and getting stuff from there...

That's okay as long as you're happy with your town! Just a warning though. You might accidentally move your villagers out if you aren't too careful.

That's okay as long as you're happy with your town! Just a warning though. You might accidentally move your villagers out if you aren't too careful.
I've been super careful in my first town to check in and never skip more than 3 or so days at a time. Idk, I go back and fourth a lot. Some days I feel like it's cheating, other days I feel like it exists, so it must be one way to play the game.

I've been super careful in my first town to check in and never skip more than 3 or so days at a time. Idk, I go back and fourth a lot. Some days I feel like it's cheating, other days I feel like it exists, so it must be one way to play the game.

I don't feel like it's cheating. It's up to the person how they want to play their game. Just like you, I only skip a day or two but not more than a week to make bushes and trees grow or when I want the pwp to be built instantly so I can decorate them, except probably right now since I can't stand the snow so I skip a whole month but I'll go back once it melts sometime this week. If you feel guilty about TT'ing, think of it as like you won't have time to play on that specific time/day so you need to do stuff in advance or you missed something important because of school/work so you have to go back :p

Last edited:
It really is. I don't think I've ever managed to get past 10 days in a town without time traveling. I'm on day 5 in my new town, and I hope I can make it awhile without time traveling...

It really is. I don't think I've ever managed to get past 10 days in a town without time traveling. I'm on day 5 in my new town, and I hope I can make it awhile without time traveling...
My hubby today said, "You're going to give in eventually, so you might as well just do it." T.T

TT'ing is something I wouldn't do so much...
However, I did travel a month in my old town due to my clock being a month before. Lost no one however. :p

I love starting fresh! I find its cool not TTing because it makes you excited for the next day and you never run out of things to do!

Last edited:
I love starting fresh! I find its cool not TTing because it makes you excited for the next day and you never run out of things to do!
That's my current feeling. I wanted so bad to TT yesterday, but I didn't and now I know so many things are waiting for me today!!

I used to play for 5-6 hours a session and time travel multiple times during the play... but now a days I just play the normal way. It definitely helps keep me more motivated to take care of 2 towns. When I only had 1 town to play it was fine TTing around, but with two towns it can get a little overwhelming and I tend to lose interest quickly. Good luck with your new town <3 and don't feel bad about TTing if you do end up doing it!

I used to play for 5-6 hours a session and time travel multiple times during the play... but now a days I just play the normal way. It definitely helps keep me more motivated to take care of 2 towns. When I only had 1 town to play it was fine TTing around, but with two towns it can get a little overwhelming and I tend to lose interest quickly. Good luck with your new town <3 and don't feel bad about TTing if you do end up doing it!
Aww thanks! I agree, it would be crazy TTing with two.

When I first started playing I got into a TT addiction and I got so annoyed with how I was playing I actually reset..now I still TT but only for little things like getting a pwp done faster or upgrading house faster than I immediately reset it to the real day (although I couldn't stand the snow so i'm a couple days ahead but am planning to set it back once its gone)

Don't give in, when I reset and created my second town not TT'ing was the best decision I ever made, the game is so much for fulfilling and fruitful without it. sure it takes a while to get things going but in the end its worth it.

I just went through this! I started my town on a special day last week and had my husband help me pick the layout and name because I knew that if he was in the know of what I was trying to do, I'd feel guilty for TTing and having to tell him haha. So I have not TT'd in this town and it feels good! I got villagers I'm happy with, some I've learned to like and some I will let go when they choose to leave! It's nice to finally feel like I did the day I started my very first town. :)

I love hearing people say they aren't TTing! I agree; the game feels so much more vivid and exciting if you don't demand instant gratification. I'm not opposed to time traveling; I actually TT myself, but not to speed anything up. I have three towns, and whenever I stop playing one, I record the date I last played, and then when I want to visit that town again, I set the calendar back to the following day, so I never miss a day in any town. I get a little sad hearing people say they're always TTing to make trees grow and get PWPs built. I can't help wondering if it makes the game lose its charm for a lot of people when they rarely give themselves anything to look forward to.

Yeah it really is. Tbh this forum has pretty much destroyed acnl for me. I got too carried away with all these little tricks and now I don't even play anymore. Not saying it's TBT's fault though, I love TBT c:

Last edited:
I'm also not a big fan of TT but in the beginning of the game there really isn't much to do so if you want to get a lot done you might as well TT. Once your town is a little more established you can always stop. That's what I did. Now that everything I want to buy is over 100k bells I have no reason to TT, other than maybe to make it night time for beetle hunting. Otherwise if I TTed now I'd miss out on Gracie furniture and get frustrated with how broke I am.

Last edited:
i've only really TT'd to sell or buy certain things or trade stuff in a tumblr AC trading blog i'm following but i agree i don't like it too much. once you start it's tempting to do it a lot but it's more rewarding to play day to day. i'm trying to be good from now on! it's hard since i can't wait for the snow to melt. i thought i'd love it, since in real life i live in Alabama and never see snow here at all, but i actually really can't stand it XD i want my town to be pretty and green already!

Back