Is ACNL best alone or with others?

I prefer playing on my own, but only because I hate using the text chat in-game. I used to play with my friend and we would just use our phones to text each other, so it was much more fun then. If there was a way to chat like mic functionality, I would really enjoy playing online a lot more. ^_^ The text chat just kills the mood for me almost every time. :( Not only is there not much to do in-game, the time between dialogues because it takes so long to type just makes the experience really slow and boring. Why did Nintendo add a mic to the 3DS but no voice functionality for their games?? Sure, it's nice to blow into it every now and then (like with dandelions) but that is really not the main point of having a mic, Nintendo.. Lol

So far i've really only played with one other person, and I know him IRL, so it's not awkward. We just use the expressions. And sneeze on each other a lot LOL

I'm glad I'm not the only one that sneezes on people all the time.

Last edited:
I like to play alone. The only way I'd want to play with others is if I knew them and am friends with them because I just feel too awkward with other people to do anything but trades. I wish I did have friends to play with though, it seems fun.

I think that it would be easier to complete your catalogue if you played with other because you can trade items, but I personally prefer to play alone because it is more of a challenge and I always like a good challenge.

I really love playing both ways! I had a lot of fun on City Folk when Wii Speak was a thing but I don't mind simply typing (although it bothers me because I try to type as fast as I can so things don't seem awkwardly quiet and my grammar suffers.) I suppose using Discord to play with friends would be really fun but I have yet to actually try that because I'm a little too shy to simply initiate a play date. Lately I've been gaining the most satisfaction from being able to help others by allowing them to use my town for signatures or RVs, etc. People are always very kind and it's nice to make new friends that way. Other than that I mostly play solo because again, rly shy ;;v;;.

I like hanging out with others but like you, I hate that keyboard!! It's so awkward when you're just like staring at each other in silence while you're trying to finish your sentence.

I'd love the opportunity to play with people, but like some others mentioned, I'd have to talk to you at least a few times or get to know you first before offering to open my gates. I love playing alone, but the one thing that kills me is I always have to turn down petitions from animals ;A; I don't get why you can't get signatures from your own town, but oh well. Lol

The in game keyboard I find too slow to type with xD Skype or facetime is wonderful uwu

Back