• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Is ACNL best alone or with others?

Licorice

heh heh horf
Cherry 🍒
Durian 🌽
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
5714-2655-1799
Toy Duck Plush
Kapp'n Christmas Doll
Sometimes I think hanging out with people on acnl seems like a good idea. Then I invite people over and I remember why I stopped wifing. It's so boring. I feel super awkward and it's hard to communicate using that god awful keyboard. There's nothing to do that I can't do by myself without the awkwardness. Some people have parties but that is short lived and then you're stuck wondering what to do next. For me acnl is best played alone. I can go about my business without trying to entertain anyone or struggle to make conversation. I remember having a blast wifing on City Folk with the mic. Either it really was better back then or I've changed.

Do you prefer playing alone or with others? What do you normally do if you wifi?

It depends on whether I feel sad or happy, and it depends on whether the person can use voice chat on Discord or Skype or whatever.

I prefer playing alone, but every once in a while, having friends over is nice. I actually have never gone to the island over wifi before, but that seems like it might be fun. Mostly, I've ever just shown people around my town and have them to talk to my villagers so maybe that's why I don't think it's fun to do often.

I really liked doing CF with the mic on and if there was audio instead of type definitely it's always fun to play with someone else and maybe even do some island games. I just need to find the right people I guess. If there was speaking ability then definitely would do it more often. I miss that could sit in my room play CF and just talk and hear the talk back which led to some phone calls and a few friends back then, then people must've abused it and it dissapeared, and right after CF kind of started dying off.

I like to play alone because sometimes it gets awkward. I've never talked to the person before most of the time so even trading with someone on here can be a bit weird. I play with my boyfriend a lot, but I never go online anymore because there's always a big age difference when I meet people, every once in a while it's nice and fun though.

depends on if i'm in the mood to hang out with people. If I'm doing up my town or doing a trade and someone invites themself over then I do not appreciate hanging out with people. And I prefer to skype with someone while I'm playing or have some sort of other app for messaging since I hate the keyboard the game has.

Playing with others can be fun, but I kind of prefer to play alone. Unless I know people in person, wifing with people can be awkward for me because I'm shy. I don't really know what to say or do so things get weird. Plus, I'm always on edge when I play with people I don't know for the first time because I don't know if I can trust them for sure just yet and that makes things less fun when you have to worry.

I play my main town alone because it's my pride and joy but I plan on making my second town a cycling/guest town. So I guess both? Though technically the latter hasn't happened yet.

This is partly why I started playing ACNL because it doesn't require me to interact with others unless I choose too. I enjoy the solitude ACNL provides.

I really think playing with others is better, because there are lots of other stuff you can do, I remember long ago we would have those maze rock races, with pitfalls and trees as obstacles, and then the winner would get some rare furniture. Also we would go on trips to the island and do some tours. I guess youre right in some ways, after a while is does get boring, but I usually just hang out a little bit with my friends.

I didn't know (am behind on tech) that you could use Skype or wifi while playing or any of that. That is interesting. If I found a group of people around my age it would be fun basically over 21 set then yeah sure I would. I don't do Island as don't want to run into unknown kids goofing around unless it's people I went with through my town I invited or they did. I like visiting other towns like when you need to for Signatures and letting other people do that. I would love to here more on groups or sky per type players. I also like the playing alone side sometimes as I have some towns that need caught up by holidays and festival thing and new character to put in still and towns that still need updated and adjusted but after that I think will try to do more community play as I have always wanted that or at least to be part of a one year missed that or a group playing together new town or something but will look in train station about it I do have some towns at that point and once trust is gained will play on my main towns but really they are all special and different so that would be cool to to let people see my towns I know the updated ones are on DA but is different have met great player and seen great towns just from signature helping and met many nice players here through trades and card post ect. I miss the CF days of interactivity. Side note I heard the switch was bringing back the mic type feature from Wii original. Remains to be seen I guess.

I usually don't wifi unless it's for trading, but sometimes while I'm there it turns into a chill out wifi sesh which is always nice (like them offering to show me around town or go on tours together). Chatting on the game is annoying so I prefer Skype (I really can't get into discord and idk why it intimidates me a little lol).

It depends on what mood I'm in, if I get really into landscaping my town then I find that quite fun and sometimes I wish one of my friends would come on because I'm so bored so it just depends really. Playing with friends can really pass the time though.

I play alone and am fine with that. Playing with other people every once in a while is a lot of fun but I'm afraid it'll be awkward so I don't ask anyone to play with me. Wi-fing really spices things up though and I wish I had a friend to play with.

Beyond trading, I play ACNL solo. This game is a form of relaxation for me, and having to socialize and entertain others would be too stressful.

I call New Leaf my Xanax for a reason, lol.

either on my own, or together with friends. strangers never have the connections you want with people.

always alone
i've never played acnl with other people but im too awkward anyway

I prefer to play alone when I'm doing my daily routine (buying stuff, decorating, talking to my villagers, etc.) but I've played with friends during my extra time. I can chat and use the in-game keyboard for hours lol. Unfortunately, most of them are either inactive or busy with other things now. I probably had more visits via train station than in a dream. I'm super cautious with strangers though, like we have to be friends or have talked a few times before I'd let you visit mine and I rarely do trades.

So far i've really only played with one other person, and I know him IRL, so it's not awkward. We just use the expressions. And sneeze on each other a lot LOL

Back