♥Mush♥
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Tasty Cake
Winter Mittens
Jingle Christmas Doll
Kapp'n Christmas Doll
This is meant to be a discussion type thread, and this is a big question all around Animal Crossing. Remember there is no right or wrong answer! Feel free to put your opinion it or you can rebut or go off of other people's responses. Also, I do know there is no end to animal crossing, so the end can be when you even start the game, or if you've been playing for 10 years! Just make sure you add logical reasons to support your answer!

My Answer
Well, In my opinion, I think the end of animal crossing is when you have collected all the badges. Yep, like good Samaritan, Bell Saver, Fish and Bug badges, etc. I think it is this because it gives you set goals to show your progress in the game, and how much you've accomplished and completed. I think these goals give you the end of the game. So basically if you've completed them all, there isn't anything else that you are given to do. Maybe some tasks and events from villagers, but that's all, you're done. Also, most of these goals are ones that the main game are focused on, like collecting all the fish, having a great HHA rating, or even traveling to other towns. I think this is technically the end of the game since the game only gives you these hard tasks or goals to complete, after that, you can do anything else with no set limit.

Anyway, post your opinion down below, hopefully my answer made sense haha! :lemon: And hopefully I can hear some great answers from you!

For me I guess when you complete your town. By that I mean like, setting up your paths, beautiful town up, all kinds of native fruits, beach fruits, benches, PWPs etc. It's just satisfying once you have done that.. I mean I haven't done it yet, but tbh you dont wanna leave your town empty, right? It makes it more direct to go to places, more things to look at, more things for your town and your villagers. Like all those bells are worth for to "complete" your town. It's kinda hard to explain xD

I don't think you can, there's always something to improve on in your town or (4) houses
It's impossible, there's too much to do

You "finish" with Animal Crossing when your fav villager moves out :(

(Pre amiibo update, nya ^-^)

Last edited:
I thought I've never finished. Either I just get tired of it temporarily or take a break and play other games.

literally the second you plant the tree you finish the game. thats all, youre the mayor now, do what you want

I feel like you finish animal crossing once you are 100% done with your town because before I finished my town I would play every single day for hours but once I finished in November I play once or twice a week now mainly to make sure villagers don't move out on me. I haven't expanded my house in full yet but I'll do it eventually. I just really like my house as it is right now.

depends on what your goals are in the game. I always thought it was when I expanded my house, completed my encyclopedia, unlocked all buildings in main street, completed the museum and earned all the badges but I've done all that minus the badges and museum and I don't think I've reached the end of the game just yet. I also feel like the end of the game could be when you finish designing your dream town to be the best it can be and have all of your dreamies but I've completely covered my town in flowers and pwps to the point where I've reached my limit and while I feel like it's complete I also feel like it just isn't done. For me I feel like animal crossing is a timeless game, there is no end, there's always something for you to do there is no clear end goal.

So far, there hasn't been an end to the game for me yet. Whenever I think I've completed my goals, I always find something else to do. Right now my current goal is to finish my catalogue. I want to collect every single item in the game. I'm also working on completeing my badges. I don't think I'll be able to get the Streetpass badge but as long as I get all the other ones that will be good enough for me. When I'm done with that, I'm going to work on my side characters. There's just so much to do for me. If I complete all of that though, I will probably be finished but I don't think I would reset my town.

I don't think I'll ever be finished with ACNL. I've had my town forever and I'm still working on perfecting it (I keep changing the villagers and re-landscaping). Plus I got a second copy which means double the fun!

I'm not sure if my little town of Eden will ever be done. Between badges, catalog, landscaping and extra characters I just don't see that happening any time to soon. And that's a good thing at least for me! ;)

Even though I've got 30,000,000 and hacked completed my encyclopedia, it's still not over for me. My town isn't perfect, far from. I want to unlock all of the badges, make my town perfect in layout and in ratings, I want everyone who lives in my town to love it and I want my town to be the very best. So it's not over for me. It never ends.

And once I do finish, I doubt I would really reset. I would keep it to remind myself of all of the hard work and long nights I spend making my town great. I would probably buy a new cartridge and make a brand new town and do it all over again.

I think Animal Crossing is a bit of a spiritual experience, where we have to go on a long journey and, basically, live a life in the game before we can well and truly call it 'over'.

There's really isn't an "end" to a game like animal crossing
Even if you 100% get every collectible there's still more to be done

I agree with what you said.
Get all Badges
Get great HHA grade
Complete Catalogue
Complete house exterior and interior
Complete the town's exterior
It takes foreverrrrr !!

It's personal preference, but there's always something to do and its free-play so it's not really like you have set "missions" so to speak. I guessed you could be finished when your tree is fully grown, all houses fully upgraded, perfect town, won all items, trophies, filled your museum, collected all your badges.. and that's for 4 people.... acnl is a lifetime commitment lmao

For me, it'll be when I complete my town in every way I want it to be completed. All the PWPs, paths, houses (oh god the houses, I'll have 4 to fully fix up), etc... But if I ever complete it all, I don't know what I'd do afterwards. Probably just enjoy my villagers.

Technically it's when you literally have nothing else to do besides redesigning your house or town.

i have nearly completed all the gold badges, just streetpass, shopping and catalog to go, but i wouldn't say completing the badges is the 'end', as you can still play endlessly, much as how having your house fully expanded in lgttc didn't mean you were 'done'. if i had to pick an end point, it's when you cannot improve anything any further, and your game is in peaceful bliss to what you imagined it to be.

Back