• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Villagers that don't deserve to be tier 1 or 2?

I never really liked Diana. I like her colors but idk, just not a fan of her. I don't get why Kyle and Chief are listed as tier 1, as well as tier 2 having Punchy, Kabuki (I think he's kinda ugly), Chester, and Bam. (Honestly if Chester fits up there then imo Gala ought to be there)

#Triggered lol. I really don't know why villagers like Kyle and Genji are popular. Also Chester? Just why.

Last edited:
Yeah, I remember being really surprised when I first saw the villager tiers. I'd previously had Marshal and Merengue in my town and had quickly voided them because I didn't like them at all. Turns out I could have made some serious bells off of those guys!

Wolfgang!!!!!!! He just looks like a bland version of Lobo to me, and since I love Lobo so much, it's hard for me to not be defensive

I personally don't really like Pietro the sheep, I'm not the biggest fan of Muffy either! I like the fact that everyone has different tastes in villagers or we would all have the same ten villagers.

I never really liked Diana. I like her colors but idk, just not a fan of her. I don't get why Kyle and Chief are listed as tier 1, as well as tier 2 having Punchy, Kabuki (I think he's kinda ugly), Chester, and Bam. (Honestly if Chester fits up there then imo Gala ought to be there)

Cheater in the top tiers? When did that happen. I have an Amibo card trading list and never was I seeking Cchester as more than a completer he kept being offered and I was like why, I also don't get Genjii over Snake or Kabuki is the only cranky cat wait isn't Tom cranky if so no I don't get that at all. Who is doing this list and I want a little transparency on the methods not just someone said so.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I e always liked Wolfgang from CF but Famg and Lobo and Chief beat him out he is number 4 I have an all wolf town and to keep that and test the new ones I had to make a decision and cut one of the old Crankier it's been all wolf and Kyle a long time and I have them all know them all and he was the cutter I don't get it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also there are over 100 villagers listed as not popular...Colton,Claudia,Winnie,Timbra...ect ect ect all below Chester and Hamlet and craziness the best anything I see is in t3 some parts may be right in there as popular but not in that order IMO anyway. And this is not about who is most popular it is about who is being most sought in the trading plaza not who everyone already has and not who people that cycle are looking to get to resell but villagers people do not have and want to play with that they want to acquire or am I wrong? The LF board does not reflect the tiers ever.

I really don't care about tiers, in my book they can all be tier 1 or 5 I don't mind. xD
I'm confused though, since when is Kyle popular? Because I've always adored him but I found that when I suggested him in 'Suggest a Smug' threads my post quickly got buried under 'Marshal!!!!! Julian!!!!'
Good for you Kyle. :D Is it maybe because people tired of Marshal and Julian?

Seriously Marshall?! Why. Tbh i hate all the squirrels, cubs, hamsters, a lot of the dogs and cats, ostriches, rabbits.... I could go on, lets just say I'm a deer and wolf kinda person haha

Ankha and Kidd cat. I had them both as starters and gave them away. Wish I had know people liked them so much

Honestly, I think all the villagers definitely "deserve" their spots on the tier list. While I do believe the tiers are a bit outdated, the tiers are based on people's love for the certain villagers/the demand for them in the villager trading plaza-- however, there are a few villagers that I just don't understand why people love them so much. Marshal is a prime example. I don't understand the hype around him and I think he just looks angry.

I love marshal because he looks so angry tbh. It's hilarious he's an angry little diva squirrel

Why can't Kid Cat be Tier One? ;-;

Diana. Can't stand snooty villagers, and honestly she's kinda ugly. I don't get her appeal.

Glad I sold her for 10 Million bells as soon as I reset my town.

I really don't care about tiers, in my book they can all be tier 1 or 5 I don't mind. xD
I'm confused though, since when is Kyle popular? Because I've always adored him but I found that when I suggested him in 'Suggest a Smug' threads my post quickly got buried under 'Marshal!!!!! Julian!!!!'
Good for you Kyle. :D Is it maybe because people tired of Marshal and Julian?

I was honestly shocked to see so many people liked Kyle but I'm glad. He's an absolute cutie.

Diana. Can't stand snooty villagers, and honestly she's kinda ugly. I don't get her appeal.

Glad I sold her for 10 Million bells as soon as I reset my town.

I was so happy when I got Diana's amiibo card but we just didn't click :(

Last edited:
I don't understand why penguins aren't higher, I'm trying to get 9/10 villagers as penguins and I'm well on my way to achieving that
:)
My signature has the progress, keep in mind that about 4 penguin amiibo's are on their way!

Last edited:
I don't understand why Colden is a tier 1 or Lolly, Tangy or Coco. Some of them are just weird or ugly. But I like a lot of tiers 3-4.

I don't follow the tier chart at all. To me, villager love is entirely subjective depending on which ones you love. I don't even know which villagers are in which tiers anymore.

Back