Villagers that don't deserve to be tier 1 or 2?

UglyMonsterFace

Arize from Azulon
Nature Nuts 🐿️
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Pearl-Oyster Shell Plush
Pink Moon Jellyfish
Blue Moon Jellyfish
Green Moon Jellyfish
Pearl-Oyster Shell Plush
Dino Plush
Bee Plush
Mom's Plush
Sheep Plush
Celeste Chick Plush
Sometimes I find myself wondering how some of the tier 1 or 2 villagers got there. For example, Muffy.. Are there any villagers on those lists that you don't feel deserve to be there? (These are all just opinions, so please don't be offended if someone doesn't like your favourite villagers!)

i don't like marshal at all. i think his colors are ugly and he doesn't look smug, he looks like an edgy teenager that never smiles.
also erik, i like him but i think he's bland. and stitches is an eyesore.

Tiers in Animal Crossin' is like tiers in competitive Pokemon. Ya can personally like somethin' more than the next person. But in the end, a tier list is meant for the general population.

Sure I may love to use Starmie in OU, but in Gen 7 it's not good and therefore has low usage.
Sure I might find some high tier villagers meh, but that won't stop lots of folks givin' up a arm and leg to transfer'em to their towns.

Now the only thin' I don't quite agree with the current tier list is that it's base'd more on opinion than solid data. That's like the viability threads ya see in Pokemon, it's mostly opinion. I would change the tier list to reflect their prices for the card as a basis. Just like Pokemon usage uses the solid stats of sheer usage.

I feel like some of the cat villagers are overrated *cough Ankha cough* but it's their preference so I don't care.

In my opinion any of the cranky villagers haha, I've just never really had an appreciation for them. Also some of them are just downright ugly, like someone said stitches. I also can't believe some of the villagers who are tier 4 or 5, like bluebear who is tier four, but I feel like a lot of people like her. I guess it's just like the person said, who mentioned the general population, I guess I just tend to disagree with the general population haha

I can agree with Muffy, I think she's super super ugly ;v;'
Just the eyelashes are way too much.

I suppose Kabuki? I feel like he has potential to be cool, but the red is overdone and makes him look quite ugly in my opinion, kind of like Muffy.

Chester's pretty weird looking, too, but he's a panda so I can understand why he's popular. (Though I'd much rather prefer Pinky if I wanted a panda in my town than him)

In my opinion any of the cranky villagers haha, I've just never really had an appreciation for them. Also some of them are just downright ugly, like someone said stitches. I also can't believe some of the villagers who are tier 4 or 5, like bluebear who is tier four, but I feel like a lot of people like her. I guess it's just like the person said, who mentioned the general population, I guess I just tend to disagree with the general population haha

Unlike the Pokemon example I made, there's no definitive point of havin' this villager over that villager. Therefore villager preference is all up to personal taste.
Pokemon on the other hand as a definitive goal in claimin' victory over yar foe. On which Pokemon that does the job better is still debatable, but still gravitates over towards a few key players.

eh they're all ranked highly because they're popular amongst players, whatever the reasons may be, so i wouldn't say any of them don't deserve it. do i not care for some of them? sure but it is what it is.

Unlike the Pokemon example I made, there's no definitive point of havin' this villager over that villager. Therefore villager preference is all up to personal taste.
Pokemon on the other hand as a definitive goal in claimin' victory over yar foe. On which Pokemon that does the job better is still debatable, but still gravitates over towards a few key players.

Yeah, but some villagers are better at Desert Island Escape. So the kangaroos and koalas should be Tier 1 and Marshal should be Tier 5.

I never liked Julian, I was never a unicorn person to begin with. I do like his blue color, but thats about it. I dont like Pietro either because I hate clowns.. the first time I saw him was when he was a rando move in and he scared me to death when I saw him walking around in the evening.

Last edited:
I don't like Marshal, he's a little cute and fluffy but he's plain and doesn't really look like a smug. However if he's popular he's popular. No villager doesn't really not deserve to be popular, they all have things that I know why people like them.

Wait, muffy is a high tier villager? I thought vesta would surpass her

I have an all sheep town and vesta is pretty bland..but am suprised Wendy the only peppy blue sheep is not more popular or Eunice he best IMO normal sheep and Curlos is overlooked much better smug to me than Pietro and Frita probably over Muffy any day but Muffy has a goth thing going so maybe that's it.

I personally really like Muffy. I like almost all Uchis though. #Fuchsia4Ever

And I also think Marshal is overrated as heck. He's lame imo. So many other Smugs I prefer. I personally like Beardo and Lionel because they're hilarious. And Elvis has sunglasses like come on people!

Please get your priorities in order!!!1!1!

Last edited:
I think nobody deserves to be in tiers. I hate the tier system. It's like other people are forcing us to not have a certain villager we like but isn't at the top tiers. It's annoying when I see stuff like "HAHA SKRUB! U GOT ALFONSO WHO IS LOWER TIER, NOOB!!1".

Marshal I believe is in a good spot.
He is KINDA overrated, but he still nets aplenty of fans. :p
I think Chrissy and Francine could get a chance in Tier One...
Stitches is at top. :eek::eek::eek:

- - - Post Merge - - -

Could Phoebe, Muffy, or any other Uchi get into Tier One?
Phoebe and Muffy are closest to getting there. :p

I love Alfonso and some of my favs are or were and will always be 4/5ers I really think we as a community or a few people as a group should agree on a proper way to gauge popularity as that system isn't for favorites it is for trading so not I have I love but who is being most sought out that's all and a few people should be able to gather and expose their data methods and do regular flux updates I volunteer to be a part of that group if one forms.

I don't get the deal with Stitches honestly. The coloring on him clashes massively.

Marshal is ridiculously popular for no apparent reason too. I have him in my town technically, but I never actively sought him. He just randomly appeared in my campsite so I thought, "Why not?" I do think he's cute, but I haven't decided a 100% if I'm keeping him or if I'm going to go for Keaton instead, whose design I also like. For now, I enjoy having him as a resident in Retro, but I'm not sure I'm very attached.

As far as Ankha goes, truthfully I think I like Olivia or Monique more in terms of snooty cats, but I do think she would look perfect in an Egyptian themed town.

Back