• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Game possibly corrupt

Tomnooker

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
So yesterday I turned on my game and then I noticed the trunk of the fruit trees are missing. ..I thought it was a startup glitch so I loaded my town in and then I realized that my normal trees cedar trees palm trees basically all the things that need room to grow except the bushes and pep were glitched.They would load unused textures and the only places this doesn't work is at the island,dreams, or the museum.So then I started a new town only to find the same glitch.I don't hack or don't have the tools to hack my town but I do visit hacked towns.If you find a way to fix this PLEASE tell me I would be thankful:(

So yesterday I turned on my game and then I noticed the trunk of the fruit trees are missing. ..I thought it was a startup glitch so I loaded my town in and then I realized that my normal trees cedar trees palm trees basically all the things that need room to grow except the bushes and pep were glitched.They would load unused textures and the only places this doesn't work is at the island,dreams, or the museum.So then I started a new town only to find the same glitch.I don't hack or don't have the tools to hack my town but I do visit hacked towns.If you find a way to fix this PLEASE tell me I would be thankful:(

Restart?

Well I have a suggestion but it's pretty farfetched

you could try getting homebrew (it's pretty easy to get on the latest firmware)
and then edit your town. Or if you do get it, I can try to help you through it and you can send me your in game file and maybe we can fix it.

Sounds confusing but if you really need help, you can pm me. It'd involve hacking your game though

Did you recently do the 11.3 update on your 3DS and update your ACNL as well? Some people have experienced glitches with their game after doing so (someone on tumblr had the shops missing from their main street).

I have heard the update has messed with people's towns but this usually happened if they have hacked. I find it weird that your town has glitched and you do not hack!

This is why I try not to visit hacked towns. I hope you find a solution regardless.

Yeah I'm the same, I try not too - although keep in mind not everyone knows what town is hacked unless they're aware of it before hand. If they aren't, then it's kinda hard not too :(

I already had the animal crossing update when I updated my 3ds when I played animal crossing my trees were then glitched hopefully animal crossing will patch this up.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I already had the animal crossing update when I updated my 3ds when I played animal crossing my trees were then glitched hopefully animal crossing will patch this up.

sounds like a texture bug, which you'd have to reinstall the game to fix. backing up your game files then reinstalling the game itself could work.

Okay, a weird glitch just hit me: Cyrus is sleeping again. I unlocked Cyrus sometime around September or October 2016 and I have no idea why he is sleeping again. I haven't even done any hacks that do anything related to Re-Tail. I guess I should import an old save I have from like a week ago though I will lose my Moai statue and tiki pole or whatever it's called.

EDIT: Turns out that the last backup was only 2 days ago, and I didn't play yesterday so pretty much nothing was lost. Also, restoring the backup seemed to have fixed the problem with Cyrus sleeping and now he is awake again. :)

Last edited:
This is why I try not to visit hacked towns. I hope you find a solution regardless.
Can it hurt your town if you do? Is it the same risk for hacked dream addresses vs visiting one for real?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Okay, a weird glitch just hit me: Cyrus is sleeping again. I unlocked Cyrus sometime around September or October 2016 and I have no idea why he is sleeping again. I haven't even done any hacks that do anything related to Re-Tail. I guess I should import an old save I have from like a week ago though I will lose my Moai statue and tiki pole or whatever it's called.

EDIT: Turns out that the last backup was only 2 days ago, and I didn't play yesterday so pretty much nothing was lost. Also, restoring the backup seemed to have fixed the problem with Cyrus sleeping and now he is awake again. :)

Has it fixed the other issues? Like the one with the fruit tree trunk missing? god bless save file backups

Can it hurt your town if you do? Is it the same risk for hacked dream addresses vs visiting one for real?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Has it fixed the other issues? Like the one with the fruit tree trunk missing? god bless save file backups

Visiting a hacked town or dream town won't affect your game (the only exception is if you go to main street in a dream or save during a dream but that's common sense not to do either of those things). Anyone who says otherwise is fear-mongering or just repeating someone who is fear-mongering.

As for your trees, it sounds like an issue with the program itself and not the save. Back up your save and re-download from the e-shop, then put the save back in. That should fix, if not, let me know.

Update: around February 25 the snow melts and the grass appears so when I tried to start the game up it keeps saying error and restart my 3ds.I own the retail version sonic you can find a solution please tell me.I may wait till the next 3ds update (I don't hack ).

Back