• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How should I line these villagers up?

Red Cat

On-and-off member
Bells
Switch
2020-8332-2456
Tin Robot
Boo Halloweaster Egg
Oarfish Head
Oarfish Body
Oarfish Tail
Jingle Christmas Doll
Holiday Candy Cane 2020
Christmas Candy
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Famous Mushroom
I'm going to have these villagers in one of my towns: Apollo, Grizzly, Jay, Robin, Erik, Deirdre, Henry, Ruby, Poppy, and Molly. I want to have all of their houses in a straight line as close together as possible going from West to East. I just can't decide what order I want to put their houses in. How do you think I should place their houses from West to East? I want Jay and Robin next to each other as well as Erik and Deirdre because they're the same species, but besides those what arrangement makes the most sense in your opinion?

Last edited:
To be honest, I have not played this game for a long time but from my understanding and my research, I don't think it is possible to place them in a certain place and in a certain order that you would like. One way to have them placed in the area you would like is to leave 3x3 space and leave the rest with a pavement or something buried in the ground like trees.

I'd say maybe arrange their houses in color order for ease of landscaping if you choose to decorate their houses :)

I'm curious as well as to how this would be possible?

Plot resetting. I haven't adopted the villagers yet because I'm being really OCD about where to put them as you can tell.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'd say maybe arrange their houses in color order for ease of landscaping if you choose to decorate their houses :)

Good idea. Does anyone know where I can see the exteriors of each villager's house?

Keep in mind about the acre limit (3 houses or pwps, something like that per acre) when trying to plot them next to each other.

Keep in mind about the acre limit (3 houses or pwps, something like that per acre) when trying to plot them next to each other.

Oh crap. Really? I'll have to check on that...

There's a thread on here about that. I actually wasn't aware when I did mine (though in my case, it's not really a whole straight line) but I got curious then tried to calculate if the acre thing is true. So it turned out that the location of my villager houses really did fit the limit, luckily.

think about home exteriors and who looks more appealing next to who..

..and which ones you ship together

Last edited:
There's a thread on here about that. I actually wasn't aware when I did mine (though in my case, it's not really a whole straight line) but I got curious then tried to calculate if the acre thing is true. So it turned out that the location of my villager houses really did fit the limit, luckily.

I'll have to find that thread. I think my houses fit too if I counted my steps correctly.

Apollo, Grizzly, Jay, Robin, Erik, Deirdre, Henry, Ruby, Poppy, and Molly.

Alphabetically

Apollo Deirdre Erik Grizzly Henry Jay Molly Poppy Robin Ruby

- - - Post Merge - - -

I thought choosing towns folk's houses was just a myth :\

Nope. Check out Plot Resetting Guide! :)

After spending a long (too much) time looking at their exteriors, I think I'm gonna go Ruby, Robin, Jay, Poppy, Deirdre, Erik, Henry, Molly, Apollo, Grizzly. Thank you all for your help!

just for your reference, villagers houses can be placed 2 spaces from each other on the side and 3 spaces from the bottom/top to account for the door. they must also be at least 2 spaces from pwp's or houses/pavement. 1 space from rocks and cliffs. and don't forget to place paths for a smooth plot reset :)

Alphabetical order. Just because.

Apollo, Deidre, Erik, Grizzly, Henry, Jay, Molly, Poppy, Robin, Ruby.

I always plot reset just to make sure my characters spread out across my map more evenly. I hate when they all clump together next to he Retail (which happened with my starters after making a new town recently thanks Henry, Becky, Tucker, Scoot, and Friga jfc).

Or go by roof/exterior type and make it in order from lightest to darkest or something cool like a rainbow. Good luck though! Would love to see screenshots when you're done.

Back