Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
1153-7853-1909
Island
Teacove
Red Cosmos
White Cosmos
Seeing everyone's towns on here, and also from visiting Dream Addresses I can see how beautiful the paths are, how carefully placed the Public Works Projects are, and how well you have all planted your flowers. I wish mine was the same. My town is a mess, a bunch of flowers scattered randomly across my town, my Public Works Projects look out of place. Yet somehow I got the Jacob's Ladder, lol. I just wanted to know if you guys had any advice, for example what flower combinations work together, and where exactly paths should be placed.
Thanks!

firstly, you have to clear everything out to make it look nice. it's the only way to have a blank canvas for your town. then, plot reset your villagers into places that are convenient whenever an old one moves out and another moves in (sometimes, you will have to let go dreamie villagers in bad places, which sucks but is necessary)

after that, plan out your pwp positions and pathways from main buildings such as your house, your plaza and retail. after that, plan the trees and bushes, with little patterns with words on to identify where each thing is supposed to be eventually.

it's tough to visualise in your brain, but go to dream towns and take inspiration with little bush/tree combinations or flower combinations that look good to you. paths, unless you're going for a natural look, should be fairly straight and simplistic, which not too many neon colours, as you want flowers to make the paths 'pop', with the colours being brought out through them.

practice makes perfect, of course! if you don't like a set of hibiscus bushes in a line, perhaps alternate between trees and bushes, or mix things up with a zig zag line!

for flower combinations, if you let your town flow through the seasons naturally, you will have to change them every few months to a new set and move the old ones to the beach, or have a bright set that is very fitting all year round (black and white, for example). if you don't, you can pick flowers that pick out the colours of the season - pinks for spring, oranges for autumn, reds and yellows for summer, for example. for the combinations themselves, it's all about experimentation. i like a more natural, mixed look personally, with a small amount of tonal contrast between the flowers, but a focus on colour rather than breeds of flowers.

really, to make a great town, it's all about dedication to making your town how you like it, then presenting it with confidence. good luck!

Personally, I start with paths before trying to do anything else. I use a single path at first so changing them isn't a big deal and decide how to connect all the houses and buildings. Next, I try to landscape around the houses if they'll be permanent, usually trying to match or compliment the colors of the houses with the flowers around them. Since that's the easiest part to complete, I do that pretty fast. But decorating my town is a process I work on constantly and I do and redo areas often. Just start by filling a few empty spots with non-permanent PWPs you want and go from there. I then landscape around those and change or move them if I think I need to.

But your town is yours and you should decorate it in the way you want to and how you think it looks good, and in the end you'll see it way more than anybody else will.

Thanks a lot for your advice! I'm currently in the process of removing the bundles of randomly placed flowers in my town. While it does seem a shame at first to see them go, I'm sure the end result will be a lot better than the state of my town at the moment.

Back