Old Eggs
Switch
3251-1839-3025
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
I'm looking for night city themed towns for inspiration if that makes sense. Post their DA's here! Also tips would be great!

These are the only city like towns I have found. I really wish to find more, I have a modern town as well, Cat Isle, the DA is in my signature.

Wasser: 4E00-0017-3E5D
Sol: 5F00-001A-86DC

This one is less city like but still fairly modern:
Honmei: 4F00-0024-C703

my da is a green-design night city, but it isn't public yet bc i'm nervous abt it lol.

but for tips, i would say that anything creative you wanna explore, you should! while placing city themed pwp is nice, it's definitely not what makes towns good cities, in my opinion. you should really amp it up and explore what you like best about cities.

for example, you can do specific housing sections of town, neatly plot set into orderly squares, maybe around a central park, with the tower pwp, and that way you could also have a business sector (with the town hall and police station), a development sector (with the empty campground, the drilling rig and caution sign etc) and a fun sector (with the cafe and retail), and so on. it's all about the planning of the town and how well it coordinates.

you can have simple main path designs for paths, but i've seen complex ones like a pet pattern to put inside the fence pwp or ones for a community garden. you could even do a water themed city, where everything looks like it's got massive water ways throughout it. but if you're focusing specifically on nighttime, i would say incorporate streetlamps into the design in seamless ways, so make the corners of your paths all streetlamps or traffic lights at major intersections as well, etc.

but again, i think what i enjoy most is when people try and make the city like the cities they love - so someone doing a paris design might have the old streetlights and metal benches, as well as the pyramid for the louvre and the tower for the eiffel, as well as trash around the town and houses mismatched and cramped together. someone doing a barcelona design might try for colorful, unique villagers placed in a very orderly grid system, staircase paths, a huge beach with drinks and towels all over it and intricate patterns of flowers. - or just take elements that you love, like cramped houses and cobblestones and a huge beach with blankets and glasses and combine them into something rly unique and yours

Back