• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What do you do with your gyroids?

I'm going to collect new gyroids and sell duplicates and display in my museum when I get the 2nd floor

I sold each and every one of them. I don't find them that cute lol
I actually find it a bit creepy at my house..
What is the point of them anyways? I've always wondered.

There isn't really a "point" to gyroids as far as I know. Some of them are kinda cute, I guess.

But, in real life, they are based off of Haniwa which are little clay figures that were buried with those who have died. So like, a lot of people find them creepy for the basic idea that our Mayors are out here digging all around some huge burial ground that your town was built on top of lmfao

And I guess they sing bc they are filled with the soul of the person who died? Idk, but I find some of them cute and they are my little friends. I usually sell the ones that don't fit anything I'm going for design-wise in my house though.

Last edited:
I keep ALL Of them, usually most of them are correspondent to a theme, like the Dinkoids I think? They're part of the space theme. So yep, I use it for those themes. I guess they sometimes go well with music, but once I'm finished with my house I'll probably sell them all for more space.

I used to sell them since I had no use for them, but I started keeping them to trade since I realised that some people really love collecting them. More fuel for trades is always handy.

Rarely, I use them to decorate. I did buy one Brewstoid to put in my cafe for the cafe sounds. I think they can be useful if their sounds match the theme of a room. Sometimes I try to give them to villagers to replace their furniture if I don't care about their room.

I always look at them before I sell them, if I like them I'll put them in my house or in the second floor of the mueseum. I actually really like gyroids :)

I keep them, unless:
1. Read my signature
2. I have too many of the same copy
3. If my storage is getting flooded

Off-topic suggestion: There should be a new gyroid species that look similar to lloid and have villager voices as their sounds (example: mini would be jock, wee would be peppy, and so on)

If I dig up a lot of gyroids I check to see whay they look like since I keep a few gyroids in my home, but I always sell them if they don't look good enough.

Sell them, I never actually used/needed those for anything. They're just nick nacks I can do without.

I have a gyroid room in my museum but I only keep the ones I like. They have to go through a special gyroid screening process :'D

Back