Villagers you like but other people dislike?

I've always been a fan of Olaf. His design is silly and yet cute at the same time. Plus, he's a smug villager. I see more people who dislike him than people who like him, but that doesn't stop me from liking him. Same goes for the other anteaters. <3

I also like Canberra! I honestly find her to be adorable and she really looks like an uchi villager.

I'm sure that every villager has a person that doesn't like him/her.

I know that a lot of people hate Spork/Crackle, but I think his design is great.

I noted in another topic that I really like Chops, Tiffany, and Bella-- but I very much dislike Cookie, Julian, Merengue, and Sprinkle.
Stay out of my town, the four of you.

I like Rodeo, but other people think he looks like Satan or a devil because of his red eyes and because hes a bull? But he's a lazy type and he pretty much respects me and admires me, so that is way different from Satan or a devil. And he's not that bad too. :lemon: I also like Hazel, because she makes UNIBROW JOKES!

I like Prince. I love lazys, firstly, and he looks amusing. Not many people might like last tiers, but to me he's special c:

Most of my faves are considered ugly. People actually think Deli is ugly. He's SO cute!

- - - Post Merge - - -

i love chow, kody, and pate. all their faces are so funny and lovable to me

PATE IS ADORABLE
If there was a poll for the best villager eyebrows she would win.

I noted in another topic that I really like Chops, Tiffany, and Bella-- but I very much dislike Cookie, Julian, Merengue, and Sprinkle.
Stay out of my town, the four of you.

Whaaat how can you dislike sprinkle, one of the best penguins there is, sprinkle is among my dream villagers alongside boomer, cube, roald, wade, hopper and aurora!

I dislike characters like harry and most of the koala and mice villagers

Alfonso. Why do people hate on him? I blame the tier system. Screw the tier system, it should be abolished! We are allowed to like whatever villagers we want, not be forced to only like higher tier villagers. Furthermore, Animal Crossing isn't even a competitive game! It's not like it's Super Smash Bros. Melee where the tier system made more sense.

Do people like Lionel? I don't know, but he's in my top 2 tied with Melba. I also love Rasher and he's a dreamie for my farm town.

As far as Dreamies go, probably Fuchsia, Lionel, Plucky and ANNABELLE. PEOPLE DONT GIVE THE ANTEATERS A CHANCE (plus she's a cutie pie pangolin technically).

I had both Lionel and Beardo and liked them but that was too many smugs so Lionel left. Beardo is my fav.

I really like Annalise, and interesting crankies like Boyd and Spike, as well as Rasher, who I had in town in the past.

I think there are lots of villagers who don't get a chance because the most wanted ones are more advertised inadvertently by the community. So people see the super cute top villagers first. This has definitely happened to me where I wanted Fauna because I see her a lot and she is really cute.

I had both Lionel and Beardo and liked them but that was too many smugs so Lionel left. Beardo is my fav.

I really like Annalise, and interesting crankies like Boyd and Spike, as well as Rasher, who I had in town in the past.

I've already said I like Lionel, but I love Beardo too! And yeah I was in the same exact boat. I was torn between Lionel and Beardo but ended up going to Lionel for now but I'll keep Beardo in my cycle town juuuust in case.

Annalise and Blanche, after Francine are probably some of my favorite smoothies snooties.
brb laughing my butt off that autocorrect said that Annalise and Blanche are my fav smoothies.

And I totally agree with the point you had about tiers. The reason a lot of "low tier" characters are considered less popular is because less trades happen with them purely for the fact that Cyclers void "low tiers" wayyyy faster and don't give them a chance to be traded a lot of the time. I thought I would never find Annabelle TBH but the lovely Braixen has her Amiibo card in their Unova Cycling shop so I was able to snag that little bab.

Last edited:
Off the top of my head: Alfonso, Bluebear, Vic, and the superhero villagers that people don't like. All of those are pretty low on the villager tiers if I remember right.

Pate is super cute and funny, Rilla is sweet! I love them both, even if no one will ever mention Rilla as their favorite, ever :/
When I met Rilla she was like: "how much do I weight? 300 apples!" Then she was all happy and laughing. How can you not love a character like that xD

Last edited:
Apparently Anchovy and Mallary are pretty low on the tier system, I kind of like them though. Mallary is in Lullaby and I really do adore her. Anchovy just has this really nice and natural look that I'm thinking would look great in Novis (also I need some of his furniture).

Looking at it, tier four has a lot of villagers that I like/love...At least they aren't right at the bottom.

Maaan, 7 of my villagers (Elise, Gruff, Rhonda, Rory, Tabby, Dizzy, Lionel) are "bottom of the barrel". And these are villagers that I love. I expected Rhonda, Rory and Tabby to be higher up. I knew that Elise and Gruff weren't all that popular (fortunate for me, I got Elise's amiibo card for relatively cheap).

And I'm surprised that Clay and Soleil are bottom tier. They're both so cute! What's going on!

Do people like Lionel? I don't know, but he's in my top 2 tied with Melba.

I dooo! He's such a distinguished gentleman lion.

Last edited:
Back