• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Help! Accidentally adopted a villager from someone's town?

Nanabells

Bells
Poptart Easter Egg
Apple (Fruit)
Help!

I was trading with some other mayors (visiting and opening my gate) earlier. Take note that I still had 10 villagers then, but one of them had already pinged that he was moving out. Later on, that villager moved out.

The next day, this bunny (Tiffany) had moved in, saying she was from this other mayor's town! That mayor hasn't been to my town, and when I visited hers, I didn't talk to a single villager.

How is this possible?

Probably got her from their void. Tiffany could have moved out of their town recently and you were unfortunately unlucky enough to get her on accident. :(

It's called a "voided" villager. Tiffany moved out of her town and because that villager pinged you to leave you technically had an empty space and Tiffany moved in from the other mayor's void.

Ugh, I thought the void-adoptions only happened if the other mayor visited MY town. Oh well, nothing I can do about it now :(

- - - Post Merge - - -

It's called a "voided" villager. Tiffany moved out of her town and because that villager pinged you to leave you technically had an empty space and Tiffany moved in from the other mayor's void.

I didn't know pinged villagers counted as empty slots! Thank you for that, I'll be more careful from now on :(

Back