• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Villagers don't wear Dresses?

SaviorSword

Protoss Dark Templar
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
May Birthstone (Emerald)
Unless I've had the most unluckiest streak in giftin' clothes, I've never seen an animal villager wear a dress before. I also have a dress up on the Able Sisters too, and still no dice. Is it a just a "rule" that animal villagers don't wear dresses of any kind?

That's a real darn shame! I could understand why villagers won't wear just pants, but why not dresses?

Oh bummer! I designed a dress for them to wear too! Time to make it a shirt I guess

Oh bummer! I designed a dress for them to wear too! Time to make it a shirt I guess

Ya could always keep it as a dress for yar humans!
Darn shame ya need to scrap whatever work ya've done so far. :(

Sadly, this seems to be the case. It'd be really nice if villagers could wear dresses, though! I can only imagine how male animals would look if they were to get a dress from the Able Sisters... :blush:

No, they can only wear shirts. For a while I had dresses on display in the Able Sisters and none of them wore them. But as soon as I switched them out for shirts, my villagers started to wear custom designs again. I think it is because the dresses are too long for the animal models.

I replaced those ugly Anytown/duck shirts from Able Sisters with custom dresses so my villagers won't randomly change their clothing. During their birthdays, sometimes I give them dress as gifts for the same reason.

In Happy Home Designer, you can kinda put a dress on the villagers.

Back