Hospital Experiences

I had cancer when I was three and relapsed when I was eight. Sometimes I would stay in the hospital for weeks for the chemotherapy and up to a one and a half months because I would get infections. I would get fevers randomly too. I got surgery for bronchial pneumonia and because my portacath occasionally got infected whenever I received a certain chemo.

I avoid hospitals like the plague, it's one of my greatest fears/anxieties. I haven't had to go too many times, mostly for the times I had the flu or strep. I've only been to the emergency room once, and it was for a sprained arm. My mom wasn't sure if it was broken or not because I was being an inconsolable baby about it, I was like 10 or something so... I've never had to stay over or really have anything beyond check-ups and I went to the dermatologist once because I had a weird rash. I basically wont go to the doctors unless I really really have to, although I've have plenty of reasons to need to go but haven't.

Most I've had to stay in for was about two nights after having part of my eye muscle repaired, would've been blind in one eye if I didn't have it repaired, I was about 4 and had to wear glasses for the next 10 years.

Otherwise I had a cell growth on my left thumb which was removed, wouldn't of been able to use my thumb properly if that wasn't removed, was only in there for about a few hours after the operation though.

for injuries and whatever ive had to go a few times. i broke my collarbone when i was 8 and i sprained my ankle 2 yrs ago. aside from that i think it mostly has been routine checkups or getting shots..?? i dont remember. ive never had to stay overnight which is Good

ive been in for suicide **** too but i got out after a few hours when i had convinced the foctifs that it would be bad for me to stay and that i'd be under surveilance so . yay. 1/10 wiuld Not recommend

Oh and the past 2 times I went to the Hospital it was to see people very near and dear to me who were about to die, so there's that too.

My first operation was nearly two years ago. We thought i had breast cancer because there was a huge lump in my right breast, but it was a benign cyst or something like that and I'm glad it wasnt cancer. A week before I went to the hospital I bought a panda stuffed animal and still have her today : ' )

Other times I went was when i was younger and had a bead stuck in my nose and ear (seperate times)

I have regular hospital stays with my condition, usually up to a month at a time in isolation having daily blood transfusions before a course of chemo. Most recent stay was in the summer last year. It's not too terrible, at least I get to have my own room and peace and quiet. Just waiting for the next admission

Once I had to go to A&E when I was 13 because I cut my chin open and it was bleeding badly. They thought I'd need stitches but turns out they couldn't do it so I just had to get antibiotics and they stuck this huge gross plaster on my face. I felt so embarrassed when I had it on. Had to leave it on for like a week or so! We were waiting around for four hours though, it was so crap. :/

However any other time I've been to the hospital was for visits. Mostly just when my grandparents were ill or when my grandad broke his leg... The worst though was when my brother got pneumonia. He was only in hospital for like 3/4 days or so but it was just a depressing place to keep going back to visit and seeing him so poorly.

A few years ago I was rushed to hospital once to get stitches on my ankle as well as an x-ray.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I have to visit the hospital regularly for blood transfusions because of my iron.

Last edited:
Like other people, I got my tonsils taken out when I was about 10, broke my arm when 12, and went a couple of different times for gastrointestinal problems associated with ED stuff!
None of them were fun, but not as bad as they could have been. All of the hospital staff I've come into contact with were always very sweet and empathetic!

The only thing I've been in hospital for was getting a benign tumour removed from my femur when I was 16, it nearly destroyed my hip-joint. Took a couple years of surgery to get it right but they've done a perfect job of repairing the gap with bone grafting and a thin metal pin that's probably going to stay there for the rest of my life. At the time it was maybe a little scary, but it was so long ago now that it's just in the past and I've pretty much forgotten about it since it's had no lasting effect on me. It did take a trip to A&E for them to actually give me an X-ray and figure out what was wrong though.

i hate hospitals so much the last time i was there was for my nieces appointment and it was really an awful experience so it just enforced my negative view of hospitals

honestly i just can't stand being in there, i feel like it drains the life out of me. i could physically never be a nurse lol

Ummmm nope I don't think I've ever been to the emergency room before which is lucky tbh. Worse thing that ever happened was being taken to the doctor after falling off my bike and having my head slide on the road when I was like 7 or 8.

Jesus christ im in the hospital like all the freaking time, for different occasions. My life is a mess. No, I'm not chronically ill, I'm just so ****ing clumsy and I don't take care of myself and I have the worst immune system. I'm always hurt, always sicks, uGH. Anyway, all of those are stories for later, the one I wanted to tell you is my craziest experience. Summer of 2015 I went swimming with a friend, who was going to spend the night. Everything was fine. When we got home, I went to take a shower. Towards the end of the shower, I started losing all of my senses one by one. First it was my hearing, they started ringing and everything was muffled and soon I couldn't hear anything. Then it was my sight, white dots covered my vision. It got to the point where I was like, "hey this isn't normal" and tried to finish the shower. But I couldn't, as I could barely stand. I grabbed my robe and barely put it on and went outside the bathroom and sat down in front of the door. My dad was downstairs watching tv (which is right below the bathroom) and I think he started talking to me, but I can't remember (that and I couldn't hear). A good minute passed before things started calming down, and long story short they took me to the ER for almost passing out. Remember, my friend is still with us. They did a bunch of tests and then made me go to the hospital for an IV. They came to the conclusion that I was dehydrated, and put an IV in and drew my blood. I am deathly afraid of needles, and I was bawling. The IV hurt like a mother ****er, too. They ended up having to put a splint on my arm to keep it straight because the damn machine kept going off. Anyway, while all of this dehydration, they found I had an irregular heartbeat. So, of course, they sent me in a cardiac ambulance to another hospital to keep me for the night. My friend and dad ended up sleeping in the hospital with me. I couldn't bend my arm for a week because the IV made my arm so swollen and sore and painful and tender and just about every negative adjective. I have to remember to drink from now on.

I'm volunteering at a hospital this year, sort of a scary and negative place but I probs wanna do nursing or medicine just bc my mum does and so do 10-15 of my cousins who've immigrated to Aus in the last 5 years for nursing l o l

Last edited:
it was easter and i was five and my family realised that i had food poisoning after me crying for like a day and vomiting and refusing food. think i had to stay there a few days and i remember hating the iv drip because it hurt every time i moved, and also some people who put a jelly octopus on my toe when i got injections lmao. it sucked because i couldn't eat anything on easter day as i had just left the hospital and they told me not to.

last time i went though was to pick my mum up as she had her gallbladder removed and a hernia fixed (that wasn't actually fixed so she needs to get it done again)

I've been in and out of hospitals for the last few years for mental health issues, including suicide attempts. I've also been institutionalised for very serious mental problems (which I would rather not go over). But I've also been in hospital for things like getting my tonsils out.
Hospitals are good fun lol. (y)

Back