How many of you had xray before?

I'm pretty sure they ended up x-raying my forehead when I was little because I busted it and had to get stitches lol

I had this super cool panoramic x-ray at the dentist once where they made me bite down on this machine and it whirled all the way around my head. It was super neat, although there was probably way more radiation involved than in a regular x-ray. :p

There is legit always something wrong with me. Let me try and count up:

Nose
Spine
Brain
Shin x2
Wrist x2
(Middle) Finger
Knee x2
Thumb

That's all I can think of at the moment. And those are just the x-rays / MRIs.

Is there any difference between a hospital x-ray and a dentist x-ray?

well dentists xrays are taken routinely whereas the hospital is usually because of an injury. but i think the devices are the same. either way, somebody is throwing a lead apron over your lap and running for cover before they zap you with the radiation lol!

ive had hands and arms x-rayed, a knee, foot, maybe an ankle...

Is there any difference between a hospital x-ray and a dentist x-ray?

p sure not, no. still radiography. think most people have probably had em, as a result. annual type thing when you're a kid at the dentist.

i have had it for a broken arm, some ankle probs and other health stuff. and i'd always do an xray over an mri yuck.

I had an x-ray on my foot once, I fell off a table (don't ask) and I couldn't walk on it. It wasn't broken, but I got to use my sister's crutches (who had broken her leg at the time).

- - - Post Merge - - -

I haven't been to the dentist since I was little lol, I'm nearly an adult now. How bad is that.

Last edited:
One on my arm when I was younger and I broke it falling off my bike, and one on my knee a few months ago when it swelled and pushed my kneecap up as I walked to class one day.

Lots. Dentist, Orthodontist, and form the doctor that time when I was really sickly.

Yup. Mountains of X-Rays... X-Rays upon X-Rays. I'm putting this under a spoiler, because of minor gore and I don't want to blow up the thread with a long post :)
When I was in 3rd grade, it was a Friday, and I had been trying out roller blades for the past few weeks, only blading around my floors, as we had hardwood. So on that day, for whatever reason, I had the genious idea of going down to the local school, that had a gigantic empty lot. My mom and brother went away, and I started skating, it was only about an hour later when things took a turn for the worse. After that, I was coming down a long hill. My leg took a sharp bend, and I slammed down onto the hard concrete. So after that (I was in so much pain, It hurt to talk) eventually my brother walked past, his eyes went wide, and ran as fast as he possibly could to get my mom. At this point, my leg was in a sharp bend, I still had my skates on, and I couldn't move.
Half an hour later I was in the ER, a awful nurse came over while I was in a wheelchair, moved my leg (I didn't know it at the time, but I had broke my femur in 3 different places) and I screamed in pain, then was the X-Rays, which was neccisary to know what to do in the surgery, which there were 3 in the first wave, and then 5 more, after they realized they didn't know what they were looking at. After which they tried to explain what the procedure was, and how they would go about remaking the bone. After that it was a mostly normal recovery, but I still had X-Rays every week after it to see how the bone and the wound was going.

Besides dental x-rays I've had a few. Mostly done on my chest. I may have another one coming up on my lower back, depending what the physiotherapist says.

I've also had two ultrasounds on my stomach, one was for a ruptured cyst and the other was after mono. I also had one done on my knee.

When I was younger, maybe about 7 or 8 I had a horrible sickness that lasted over a month and they X-Ray'd my chest, I remember I had to take my dress off because it had sequins on it. =[

The only other X-rays I've hard were of my mouth at the dentists, and they took one series but didn't see my lip ring so you could see it floating on the picture, it was adorable, so they had to take it again, it's so uncomfortable but I want to wear the lead vest forever...

Back