Who do you think was supposed to be Mayor?

forestyne

Finally Left.
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
October Birthstone (Opal)
Flea
Anyone else notice that Porter looks like Champ? Would that explain why he's absent from New Leaf? :confused: Man, that took me four years to figure that out lmao.

ANYway, so we can have an actual discussion here, who do you think was supposed to be the mayor? I actually think it was supposed to be Master Frillard, but he's presumed dead. Hit me with your wildest theories!
:p

i think rover was meant to be. he was going to the same place, freaked out over the stress of it all, but when you arrive on the train he deems you worthy to be the mayor and lets you get off at the station alone. after that, when 'someone' sends you a letter afterwards, only he would know that you were going to be mayor if you got off at that station, so it has to be him, as far as i'm concerned.

For whatever reason I had the thought in my head that it would have been Tortimer's grandson or something like that. I don't have any real reason for it but I just had the thought somehow.

I don't think anyone was supposed to be mayor. I don't even think you are the mayor.
It's just a big con, they were waiting there for the next person to pop up.

They just want someone to pay for everything in the town so they can do whatever they want.
The villagers are the laziest things I've ever seen.
They don't even treat you like the mayor

- you have to wait for them to request PWP
- They don't even contribute to the PWP. Doesn't everyone laugh at the "hurray for everyone" dialog
- When there's a lost item, the police ask the MAYOR to find the owner!!!
- I'm supposed to pick up all the weeds!!! I'm the mayor!!!
- They don't even pay you for the museum donations

i think rover was meant to be. he was going to the same place, freaked out over the stress of it all, but when you arrive on the train he deems you worthy to be the mayor and lets you get off at the station alone. after that, when 'someone' sends you a letter afterwards, only he would know that you were going to be mayor if you got off at that station, so it has to be him, as far as i'm concerned.

I like this theory a lot because it actually makes sense how when you get off that you're so confused how everyone thinks you're mayor and you're all like wtf but just go with it.

I don't think anyone was supposed to be mayor. I don't even think you are the mayor.

One second you're stopping villagers from leaving then suddenly the one who can't leave is you!

I honestly don't know who was supposed to be mayor tho. Can't even come up with a theory. But maybe one of the player characters from the past games.

Last edited:

They just want someone to pay for everything in the town so they can do whatever they want.

- They don't even contribute to the PWP. Doesn't everyone laugh at the "hurray for everyone" dialog

I really like this one :')

I always thought it may have been Rover. I can just imagine him being like "I know I'm supposed to be the new mayor, but let's just let this random kid do it just for giggles."

Maybe the town's hiding their past about Isabelle.. .3.
Isabelle is the one who does all the work for the Mayor, like setting up PWPs and demolishing them, editing your town tune and flag, etc. Maybe Isabelle used to be the mayor and something bad just happened. The way she listens might be because she was trying to start off a new road, making herself new, and the whole town went with it.

This is really bad xD

Last edited:

Oh my god I love this LMAO

I think Isabelle tricked the whole town into thinking someone was coming off the train since she was scared of being mayor, so she called Rover (like in the first game with rover calling nook) and rover looked for the first person to be mayor, and it was you. So when you get off the train Isabelle pretends you're the mayor :) Thats why Isabelle does EVERYTHING

Thinking of Rover being Mayor makes me think did he spend time since 2002 riding to that town to be mayor and decided not to.... Nahhhh... Or...

Isabelle is a cute idea, awl!

I kinda want to guess Gracie but she was like I CAN NOT RULE OVER THIS FASHION DISASTER.

I try not to think too hard on it. I'm the mayor now. Hah hah hah.

Sorry, but I'm going to bump this thread because it is one of my favorite topics in the game.

Anyway, I would say that it actually could have been Kapp'n. He doesn't show up until you pay the second loan and Tortimer, the old mayor, knows him. Probably wrong but who knows.

I always thought that Tortimer was meant to run again as an mayor but insisted Isabelle to find a substitute for him since he wanted to retire.

Remember that most of time he was sleeping in the townhall in the previous games and only awake during events?

Actually they contribute, but with a small amount of bells used.

Regular players are also asked to find the owner of lost items as well.
However the lost items are just items which have no actual usage other than convenience.
For example, nobody would want a pair of mittens dropped somewhere else.

Regular players can also do that and so does villagers.
If a villager spot a weed, then he or she'll pluck out of the ground on sight even without Perfect Town ordinance.
But it's more effective with Perfect Town ordinance.

There would be no point of being donations if they had to pay.

Last edited:
If a villager spot a weed, then he or she'll pluck out of the ground on sight even without Perfect Town ordinance. But it's more effective with Perfect Town ordinance.

I never knew villagers could pluck up weeds. Solely because I've never seen them near any weeds as they rarely spawn in my town since I have the beautiful town ordinance and when they do spawn, they're always very far away as there's no room for them to spawn near the neighbourhood.

He's 'presumed' dead, by the way Dr. Shrunk says he's "not around anymore" and he misses him.

Not to mention that he was 110 years old...

Dr. Shrunk is also over 100 years old, as stated by one of his jokes (he states that 110 or so is 'young'). But considering how Shrunk said 'he's not around anymore' does make it feel like he died which is a bit dark for Animal Crossing. Imagine if he came back as a ghost in the next game. o_O

Personally, I don't think that Rover was supposed to be the mayor. I mean, why did he ask you about where you're headed and then said that he's never heard of that place? Furthermore, he likes to be travelling all the time and isn't used to living in a stationery house as evidenced in Happy Home Designer.

Last edited:
Back