• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

James Green Argues Against Equal Pay

Men and women deserve equal pay. I don't know why anybody would have to explain why.

Equal pay for equal work.

And since it was brought up in this thread: anybody who works full-time, whether it be one full-time job or several part-time jobs, deserves to earn enough money to pay for their basic need and housing.

That's actually a human right, but I guess outdated worldviews are more important.

Equal pay for equal work.

And since it was brought up in this thread: anybody who works full-time, whether it be one full-time job or several part-time jobs, deserves to earn enough money to pay for their basic need and housing.

That's actually a human right, but I guess outdated worldviews are more important.

If they're responsible.

If they're responsible.

?? what do you mean "responsible"
people should get paid enough to be able to live and survive. it's a human right to have a place to live and food to eat and while going full communism isnt rly possible/going to happen the government has to make sure that the people have their rights met. everyone spuld have enough money to have food and a home and the government has to make laws that protect people and make sure that employees arent exploited. it's not the responsibility of ppl to make sure that that happens and no one should have to prove that they deserve to get paid enough to be able o survive

Equal pay for equal work is one of those things that it's hard to believe people still disagree over in 2017 but lo and behold...

women deserve equal pay!

PS

if you don't think so i will hit you in the face with a chair.

?? what do you mean "responsible"
people should get paid enough to be able to live and survive. it's a human right to have a place to live and food to eat and while going full communism isnt rly possible/going to happen the government has to make sure that the people have their rights met. everyone spuld have enough money to have food and a home and the government has to make laws that protect people and make sure that employees arent exploited. it's not the responsibility of ppl to make sure that that happens and no one should have to prove that they deserve to get paid enough to be able o survive

People, regardless of gender, should get paid appropriately for the amount work they put in. If the work equals money that equals enough to survive... then there's no reason on why they cannot survive.

With that money, they have to be responsible with it. Although the majority of people are responsible, some aren't. Those some waste the money on recreational, non-essential things such as cars, phones, televisions, et cetera.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country." - JFK

Last edited:
People, regardless of gender, should get paid appropriately for the amount work they put in. If the work equals money that equals enough to survive... then there's no reason on why they cannot survive.

With that money, they have to be responsible with it. Although the majority of people are responsible, some aren't. Those some waste the money on recreational, non-essential things such as cars, phones, televisions, et cetera.

any full time job has to pay enough to survive.

of course people have to be responsible with the money they get (having rent, bills and food as priorities) but thry have to be given enough to be responsible with.
having a person working full time but not paying them enough to live full time is never okay. what jobs "deserve" enough money to survive is based on opinions and are often made by people with jobs that get them ok amounts of money. i don't think anyone would say that their line of work doesn't deserve enough money to get food

laws about minimum wage and equal pay and rights of working ppl are extremely important. i think it is very closely related to equality, poverty and issues in society today w/ minorities (especially immigrants and people of color). women should be paid as much as men w/ the same jobs. and everyone needs to get enough money to survive.

and your quote i mean... your government has obligations to you. and you have obligations to the government and society. it goes both ways but the government has to give you your rights, it has to provide you with school, health care, safety etc. obviously you cant blame your financial problems on politicians if you spent all the money you got on teletubbies suits or whatever because that's your own fault, like dude... have some priorities. But thats not rly what this is about.

This probably wouldn't have been said it feminists didn't push the wage gap myth
I definitely don't agree with what he said though lmao.

Last edited:
This probably wouldn't have been said it feminists didn't push the wage gap myth

alternatively u could say that this probably hadnt been said if those Darn Traditionalists thought equality was a good thing. he's a gross person, u cant blame it on feminists lmao

Not always the case. I barely earn enough to keep me going. I have to have a car otherwise I wouldn't have a job at all, so that's a necessity not a luxury and I'd be in a lot of trouble if I didn't have a phone with me all the time. So those things are essential for some people and when they don't earn enough to cover everything it doesn't mean they're irresponsible or spending frivolously.
So many people in this country living on the breadline just getting by.
Just because you work and get paid it doesn't always mean you have enough to survive on. That isn't how it automatically works

Last edited:

What I think about James Green's thoughts isn't fit to print in this forum. Suffice it to say, I don't agree with him - and neither does his party :

Rep. Tim Quinn, a Republican representing Wasatch County, issued a statement Friday distancing the county organization from the opinions espoused by Green in the original letter.

“I am shocked and appalled to learn how James Green feels about equal pay for women. I don’t know where this belief came from. I do not subscribe publicly or privately to the words or the spirit behind these words, thoughts or ideas. Of course, the Wasatch County Republican Party and I are for equal pay and rights for all people.

My hope is that there will be a sincere apology. I appreciate that he immediately stepped down from his position within the GOP.”

- from the original source article for the quote, emphasis is mine http://fox13now.com/2017/02/17/vice...criticism-over-letter-on-equal-pay-for-women/

As for the article itself, it seems reasonable enough. I don't have any strong thoughts about it.

Last edited:
alternatively u could say that this probably hadnt been said if those Darn Traditionalists thought equality was a good thing. he's a gross person, u cant blame it on feminists lmao

Congrats on not including following comment lmao. I don't even know who that guy is lmao I'm not even American. Believe it or not you don't have to be a feminist to believe in equality. Also btw I wasn't being completely serious. Yeah I don't believe in the wage gap, but that doesn't mean I can't make a joke. I can admit that some feminists do have the right intentions, but there is lot of misinformation.

Last edited:
Not always the case. I barely earn enough to keep me going. I have to have a car otherwise I wouldn't have a job at all, so that's a necessity not a luxury and I'd be in a lot of trouble if I didn't have a phone with me all the time. So those things are essential for some people and when they don't earn enough to cover everything it doesn't mean they're irresponsible or spending frivolously.
So many people in this country living on the breadline just getting by.
Just because you work and get paid it doesn't always mean you have enough to survive on. That isn't how it automatically works

I never said cars were only and forever a luxury...

Congrats on not including following comment lmao. I don't even know who that guy is lmao I'm not even American. Believe it or not you don't have to be a feminist to believe in equality. Also btw I wasn't being completely serious. Yeah I don't believe in the wage gap, but that doesn't mean I can't make a joke. I can admit that some feminists do have the right intentions, but there is lot of misinformation.
-_- you edited the post 2 minutes after i posted lmao im sorry for not time traveling b4 clicking the quote button .....,,,

- - - Post Merge - - -

I never said cars were only and forever a luxury...

but u did say it was a luxery .

but u did say it was a luxery .

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country." - JFK

I'm talking about buying a car when it's not necessary.

Last edited:
the wage gap isnt real

The wage gap doesn't take into consideration of women having pregnancies, women tending to work less hours, women's choices in career, etc.

Back