James Green Argues Against Equal Pay

Since men have dominated the workforce for a long time... it is common for people of authority to say "women will get paid the same if they do as good as a job". I agree with what they're saying, but it is pompous.

Last edited:
Seriously though, why can't we all see one another as the same? Cuz we are indeed all the same. And better yet, pay everyone the same regardless of occupation.

Anybody who put any sort of financial/time investment into their career is going to feel pretty stupid when they could have just flipped burgers at McDonalds for the same pay.

We're not all the same, which is why doctors earn way more than me, and I'm fine with that...You can question their pay if you want to, but I think I'll let the people who may one day be routing around my chest with a scalpel be paid whatever they want. They earned it.

What's jacked up is how government officials are paid over the line. If we use some of the amount that government officials are paid occupations such as being a soldier and a teacher will be more likeable.

What do I think? I think:
Ruh Roh! Even this place is not safe from politic discussion.

Seriously though, why can't we all see one another as the same? Cuz we are indeed all the same. And better yet, pay everyone the same regardless of occupation.

Paying everybody the same regardless of occupation would be equally unfair and quite ridiculous.
I didn't put years in at university to get paid the same as somebody who got expelled from school and works in an unskilled job.
Thats one example of when pay should most definitely vary

Last edited:
I don't think he's being sexist. I think he is being a traditionalist.

... which is sexist .

- - - Post Merge - - -

Since men have dominated the workforce for a long time... it is common for people of authority to say "women will get paid the same if they do as good as a job". I agree with what they're saying, but it is pompous.

that kinda assumes that men do a good job by default. these ppl of authority need to shut up

that kinda assumes that men do a good job by default. these ppl of authority need to shut up

Well, obviously the men who have dominated the workforce the past decades are doing a good job because if they weren't... they would have gotten fired and stopped dominating the workforce.

- - - Post Merge - - -

... which is sexist .

There's a difference between being traditionalist and sexist. You have to be open-minded.

Last edited:
There's a difference between being traditionalist and sexist. You have to be open-minded.

The problem with being open-minded in general is that it has caused just as much harm as being close-minded. Either way, we should deviate from the extremes.

The problem with being open-minded in general is that it has caused just as much harm as being close-minded. Either way, we should deviate from the extremes.

I disagree. Being open-minded is much better than being closed-minded.

Then what is that difference?

The difference between sexism and traditionalist is like the difference between apples and oranges. Although there are some things in common, they don't even compare. Some traditions are sexist, as I don't see how paying women the same wage per hour is bad for society, but most traditions aren't that bad. Point is, there are some traditions that can be harmful, but traditionalism and sexism don't compare.

Well, obviously the men who have dominated the workforce the past decades are doing a good job because if they weren't... they would have gotten fired and stopped dominating the workforce.

- - - Post Merge - - -

some parts of being traditional are definitely discriminating tho.,.. you can be a traditionalist and sexist and this might be both. the idea that women should stay at home and take care of the family because they are women is sexist. thinking women should be paid less than men because they are women is sexist.

If a man and a woman do the same job, they earn the same. Nothing should stop that

What if the man has more experience and is producing more/making more sales/getting better results, etc?

I think there should be incentive to do your job well and have a lot of experience in the field. Of course I think this should apply equally to men and women. If the woman is doing better than her male counter part she should get paid more.

What if the man has more experience and is producing more/making more sales/getting better results, etc?

I think there should be incentive to do your job well and have a lot of experience in the field. Of course I think this should apply equally to men and women. If the woman is doing better than her male counter part she should get paid more.

Exactly. Gender should have nothing to do with how much someone gets paid. It should be based on your skill level.

why does another political thread exist

Don't like it, don't click on it. lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

Exactly. Gender should have nothing to do with how much someone gets paid. It should be based on your skill level.

I feel like the gender wage gap is to a lesser important, drastic extent than it is publicized.

It's an unsubstantiated opinion though. I haven't looked into it much. Just watched a few videos, read a few articles, et cetera.

Last edited:
Don't like it, don't click on it. lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

I feel like the gender wage gap is to a lesser important, drastic extent than it is publicized.

It's an unsubstantiated opinion though. I haven't looked into it much. Just watched a few videos, read a few articles, et cetera.
Saem...I agre w you ver much...equal rights not that big a deal

like lmao equal pay? go back 2 tumblr dumb sjw

- - - Post Merge - - -

i'm a traditionalist ^_^

I think people fail to realize that the wage gap isn't something that people knowingly do. Employers don't say, "hey this is a woman I bet I can get by with paying her less." These things happen subconciously. Microaggressions towards women like this are what we need to stop

I think people fail to realize that the wage gap isn't something that people knowingly do. Employers don't say, "hey this is a woman I bet I can get by with paying her less." These things happen subconciously. Microaggressions towards women like this are what we need to stop

I kind of disagree with you. I think women get paid a little less because in general men are more sales/production driven. Not always but usually. Additionally women take more time off (because of babies/family requirements) While men typically continue to work. Again this is not always true but in a general I think that's usually the case.

I say all this as a sales/production driven woman who does not take time off unless I'm required to take a mandatory vacation, or I have a death in the family. I'm up for a raise soon and I have no doubt I'll get a larger raise than my male counter part who has to take time off for his sick children. My male counter part only makes more than me because I've worked here for 6 months and he's worked here for 5 years.

Last edited:
Back