James Green Argues Against Equal Pay

You don't get paid the same cause of your gender?

That is and always has been bull.

It used to be a tradition to have black people work as slaves. If everyone started trying to preserve tradition, the world would be a very scary place.

It used to be a tradition to have black people work as slaves. If everyone started trying to preserve tradition, the world would be a very scary place.

His point is substantiated but not the right point.

Last edited:
he is equating equal pay for genders as paying men less... which is a very backwards and selfish way to look at this. Then he just spiraled out of control from there.

Pay people for the work they do, not their gender, ethnicity, or race. However in our society today, a lot of these different genders, races, and ethnicities don't get the same opportunities and thats what we need to fix somehow. Let's start by accepting that NOTHING can be derived just by looking at a person. Second we need to acknowledge the cultural differences between people and how that may affect their perception of society.

That's not true. I would pay men and women equally if they had the same job at the same level of productivity, and it wouldn't be bad for families or society.

Plus, if both men and women get paid equally, that would mean more wealth for families. I don't see why that's bad, but I do see why that's good.

I'm not saying I agree with this dude. Just want to make that clear.

What do I think? I think:
Ruh Roh! Even this place is not safe from politic discussion.

Seriously though, why can't we all see one another as the same? Cuz we are indeed all the same. And better yet, pay everyone the same regardless of occupation.

Salary should surely be dependent on occupation... if you think doctors go through all that school to be so highly trained in several aspects of science and medicine to be payed the same as a mechanic, uh you are crazy. Not to mention the quality of certain services and products, or how frequent you provide a service.... there are a lot of factors that go into salary so, it would be impossible to pay everyone the same.

mormons

I personally think that if we can find the right balance, then it will work wonderfully. It's also better for poorer families, because that means more money for the household.

Back