• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

James Green Argues Against Equal Pay

Pretty much whoever argues that women should be underpaid just for being a woman are clearly males who don't give a **** about the other sex.

eh there could be truth to some

Well it's an alternative fact that the wage gap does in fact exist. :blush: < This is a joke, just in case you didn't pick up on that
Alternative facts are lies, there are only hard cold solid facts/truths.

Seriously though it is very much real, here's some examples: X X XX
I added a variety of evidence from different parts of the world because the USA isn't the only place on Earth and some of you think it is.

Denying the wage gap is completely ignorant, just because it isn't by much it still exists and it's still a problem.

Last edited:
The wage gap doesn't take into consideration of women having pregnancies, women tending to work less hours, women's choices in career, etc.

oh wow but did u know women are discriminated bc of that too !! women dont get paid maternity leave in the us!! women lose their kons bc theyre having children . thats not Cool

personally, i don't really care about competition. it would only motivate me to work harder. getting paid more. getting to compete. there are only a couple of scenarios with this that i worry about.
of course women are mostly expected to take care of their children, but that's been a cycle for years. as this guy has written some sort of article so therefore i expect hyperbole with his statements such as it being a "vicious cycle that destroys families". mothers take time off to take care of their children. it's as simple as that. (yeah men can do the same but it's normally women)
i guess for some people it can be viewed as an ""excuse"" to not join the workforce.

oh wow but did u know women are discriminated bc of that too !! women dont get paid maternity leave in the us!! women lose their kons bc theyre having children . thats not Cool

So women working less hours and wanting to get pregnant is discrimination. Ok.

My mom (years before I was born) had a job where her coworkers compared each others pay, and she had a reduced paycheck/rate because she was female.
And if you still think the wage gap is bs, look at the US constitution. Women got the right to vote in 1920. That's after god knows how many years women couldn't vote in america or the uk. The wage gap is just one of the many remnants of inequality that exist from the old age mindset. Hopefully the wage gap is bridged by the time I have kids, so they can get fair pay...

A woman working less hours just means she works less hours. Why should that mean that she gets paid less for the hours she DOES work?

A woman working less hours just means she works less hours. Why should that mean that she gets paid less for the hours she DOES work?

She doesn't get paid less for the hours she works. It's illegal to pay someone based on gender. Equal pay act of 1963 is one example of it being illegal.

Just because one said women gets paid less than one said man does not mean it's because of gender. Job performance, amount of hours that's worked, et cetera all go into how much you're paid.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Not everyone *wants* to be pregnant, just wanted to point that out right quick.
A fair amount of women do leave work (often temporarily) because they're a mother. You can't deny that. That's what isn't put into consideration with the "wage gap."

Studies have also shown women were happier before the third wave of feminism hit.

Last edited:
She doesn't get paid less for the hours she works. It's illegal to pay someone based on gender. Equal pay act of 1963 is one example of it being illegal.

Just because one said women gets paid less than one said man does not mean it's because of gender. Job performance, amount of hours that's worked, et cetera all go into how much you're paid.

- - - Post Merge - - -

A fair amount of women do leave work (often temporarily) because they're a mother. You can't deny that. That's what isn't put into consideration with the "wage gap."

Studies have also shown women were happier before the third wave of feminism hit.

I don't you understand that not everyone chooses to be a mother. Over 50% of pregnancies are unplanned.

... I don't work less hours (than the average in my sector, early childhood education), nor do I want to get pregnant. In fact, for medical reasons I am unable to carry a foetus to term (or viability outside of my uterus). So pregnancy is *completely* out of the question for me.

What an inconsiderate comment.

Men are welcome to start wanting to get pregnant and all that comes with that *choice* just as soon as science finds a way. In the meantime, society kinda needs at least some women to want to carry children.

So maybe don't make life so incredibly difficult for women in the meantime, yeah? Just a thought. Access to appropriate health (including reproductive services) is crucial for people in general but especially those looking to start a family.

Penalising those people who are willing to procreate - as the current situation effectively does in many respects - is shortsighted at best. And absolutely qualifies as discrimination, whether malicious or not.

Last edited:
... I don't work less hours (than the average in my sector, early childhood education), nor do I want to get pregnant. In fact, for medical reasons I am unable to carry a foetus to term (or viability outside of my uterus). So pregnancy is *completely* out of the question for me.

What an inconsiderate comment.
Men are welcome to start wanting to get pregnant and all that comes with that *choice* just as soon as science finds a way. In the meantime, society kinda needs at least some women to want to carry children.

So maybe don't make life so incredibly difficult for women in the meantime, yeah? Just a thought. Access to appropriate health (including reproductive services) is crucial for people in general but especially those looking to start a family.

Penalising those people who are willing to procreate - as the current situation effectively does in many respects - is shortsighted at best. And absolutely qualifies as discrimination, whether malicious or not.

Most women do want to have children and do work less hours. I wasn't being inconsiderate... I was being truthful. I'm sorry if you perceived me as being inconsiderate.

Last edited:
Back