Doesn't give me option to sell my town?

Nekoneko

黒猫
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
When I log in as mayor, and I ask to re-create my town, Isabelle doesn't give me the option to talk to Nook about selling... Anyone know why? I can't seem to find info online about why...

if you haven't played for 50 hours and 50 days yet, it won't allow you to sell your town to tom nook. i'd recommend nerdbotmk2's video on youtube for the timing of tom nook's selling moment.

Your town needs to last 50 hours and 50 in-game days in order to sell it.
(Basically once you're able to sit down on your town tree, then you're good to go.)

Your town needs to last 50 hours and 50 in-game days in order to sell it.
(Basically once you're able to sit down on your town tree, then you're good to go.)
I've been playing for years on this town, so I thought for sure i'd reached 50 hours... hmm

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yiiiiikes. So the date on my 3DS is saying it's set to 2011.... so It shows 0 hours played for 2017. But, does that matter? because I have 60 hours logged all together.

Your tree needs to be at Stage 3/4 or higher, so you can't do this if you have a small tree. A Stage 8 tree (500 hours) is the largest plaza tree stage. (I was at Stage 5 before I hacked to a Stage 7)

1 1/1
2 5/5
3 20/20
4 50/50
5 100/100
6 180/180
7 300/300
8 500/500

When you go through with recreating, Isabelle will ask you "Are you planning on moving to a new town or are you taking a break?" If you tell her "I am taking a break", Nook will not buy your and you lose everything, so make sure you look at what you're selecting. If you select "I'm wanting a fresh start.", she will tell you that Nook would like to speak to you. Nook will show you your town's worth and you'll be able to drop out if you don't like the price or you don't want to sell your town to him just yet.

Back