• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Game Night

UglyMonsterFace

Arize from Azulon
Apple 🍎
Durian 🌽
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Pearl-Oyster Shell Plush
Pink Moon Jellyfish
Blue Moon Jellyfish
Green Moon Jellyfish
Pearl-Oyster Shell Plush
Dino Plush
Bee Plush
Mom's Plush
Sheep Plush
Celeste Chick Plush
What are your top 3 games to play on game nights (not including video games!)?

I love playing Head's Up ^_^ I haven't played Superfight or Telestrations yet, but I've seen videos and they are definitely games I would also really love to play with a big group of people :)

Oh Telestrations is really fun. My room mates and I play a lot of bananagrams and jenga :p

Cards Against Humanity. When we do game night there is usually drinking involved because we're all grown ups at my house, we also like to play Scrabble a lot. I also enjoy playing Uno, nothing could trump the feeling when you have a ton of skips and draw fours in your hand. And jenga is always fun too, especially if we've been drinking... it uh... shorten the play time by a lot.

Last edited:
Oh Telestrations is really fun. My room mates and I play a lot of bananagrams and jenga :p

Oh bananagrams looks fun! Is it like scrabble, but without the board? :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Cards Against Humanity. When we do game night there is usually drinking involved because we're all grown ups at my house, we also like to play Scrabble a lot. I also enjoy playing Uno, nothing could trump the feeling when you have a ton of skips and draw fours in your hand. And jenga is always fun too, especially if we've been drinking... it uh... shorten the play time by a lot.

I hear that CAH is really fun :) Usually at game night, I'm just with family though, and there are some things that might get awkward with that game haha. I wish I had a big group of friends to play with ^_^

Oh bananagrams looks fun! Is it like scrabble, but without the board? :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

I hear that CAH is really fun :) Usually at game night, I'm just with family though, and there are some things that might get awkward with that game haha. I wish I had a big group of friends to play with ^_^

kind of (there's no point system for making certain words I dont think) but my friends and I never follow the rules for this game we just try and make words and finish the board hahaha :'D usually we turn on a tv-show or something and take our time because we know our one room mate is gonna finish first all the time anyways u_u

I only really play with family, but we're the kind of weirdo pervy family anyways so it's right up our ally. Plus we're drinking so it's all 1000% more hilarious and we end up nearly peeing our collective pants.

I only really play with family, but we're the kind of weirdo pervy family anyways so it's right up our ally. Plus we're drinking so it's all 1000% more hilarious and we end up nearly peeing our collective pants.

Your family sounds amazing :D I wish I could be that way with my family ^_^ My dad is overly serious (grounded my bro and me for joking with each other lol!), and my sister is overly sensitive/religious. What I would give to be able to drink with my family and just have fun!

Your family sounds amazing :D I wish I could be that way with my family ^_^ My dad is overly serious (grounded my bro and me for joking with each other lol!), and my sister is overly sensitive/religious. What I would give to be able to drink with my family and just have fun!

Yeah, everyone loves our family, but it's kind of fun to see people from closed households like yours come to my house, because we crack dirty jokes all the time and people are just like "Oh my god you said that in front of your mom?" and then my mom cracks one right back at us. XD Good times.

I think if I tried to play Cards Against Humanity with either of my parents they would be uninterested in playing for a start, not understand how to play after 54 awkward explainations and borderline patronisation, and a single dirty joke would make my mother want to burn the whole deck.

One day I hope to have friends to play it with, though!

I think if I tried to play Cards Against Humanity with either of my parents they would be uninterested in playing for a start, not understand how to play after 54 awkward explainations and borderline patronisation, and a single dirty joke would make my mother want to burn the whole deck.

One day I hope to have friends to play it with, though!

Come over and play with me! We have all but two of the expansions and it's a great time all around!
Or you can always play it online, we used to do it all the time here when Sheila was still here.

Last edited:
Cards Against Humanity with friends, prefer playing Scrabble with my family though. I'm good at both games so maybe that's why I like them so much. ;)

Usually the go to games are cards against humanity, and catch phrase.

Other than that I don't really like bored games. One I do like is called forbidden island, and it's a team based game

Scattergories, Taboo and Life are all faves with my friends. We get really into Life and always make up elaborate backstories for our characters. I remember once my friend's "wife" peg fell in between my couch cushions and then the rest of the game became trying to solve the mystery of where she went.

Risk is one of the games that I prefer the most.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Cards Against Humanity with friends, prefer playing Scrabble with my family though. I'm good at both games so maybe that's why I like them so much. ;)

I've heard of Scrabble. I'm good at that. Bet I can beat ya! ;p

What is Cards Against Humanity though?

- - - Post Merge - - -

I've heard of Scrabble. I'm good at that. Bet I can beat ya! ;p

What is Cards Against Humanity though?

its like the intentionally dirty version of apples to apples...
pick a situation card, everyone plays a card to fill a blank from that situation card and the judge picks the best one.

for those who like CAH, game of nasty things is just as amazing if not better. In this one, everyone personally writes an answer and you pick who wrote what. My family has played CAH, but now we've moved more towards things

I love me some Risk, especially when me and my friends make it a comedic battle for world domination

cute thread topic :'))

my family is all about poker (we have an actual table w chips and card placement outlines etc), pitch (which is a bit older but such a blast just because it's fun to set people and raise tempers) and then lately, the most of all - settlers of catan (which we've got several extensions for and is always a fun challenge)

cute thread topic :'))

my family is all about poker (we have an actual table w chips and card placement outlines etc), pitch (which is a bit older but such a blast just because it's fun to set people and raise tempers) and then lately, the most of all - settlers of catan (which we've got several extensions for and is always a fun challenge)

I keep hearing about Settlers of Catan and how good it is! But I think it might be way too complicated for my simple mind LOL :p

Last edited:
Back