• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Does anyone else feel insecure about their town when they visit the Dream Suite?

Twisterheart

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Ruby
New Leaf Token
Isabelle
Mint
Lobo
White Pansy
The Bell Tree Fair 2017 Patch
I like my town, but whenever I visit the Dream Suite I always get really insecure about my town. There are so many cute and creative towns out there, and I always find myself thinking, "Why couldn't I think of that?" or things like that. I sometimes just feel so frustrated because I want to make my town cute but I just never know what to do. I feel like the snow is especially making it worse. It makes my town look so dry and colorless.

Does anyone else ever feel like this?

Not really. I prefer really natural barely landscaped towns without paths though.

I wouldn't say I feel insecure, I just don't like my choice of design of town :p. Now having said that I admit I am terrible at designing towns so I've truthfully lost all interest in making it pretty. If I manage to make a friend in real life who plays AC:NL and who is good at designing (which I doubt it'll happen, well anytime soon anyway) then yeah I'll ask for assistance hehe. But yeah I've just learnt now to take in the natural beauty of the game and now I just play it due to the pure fact of the fact that I extremely enjoy playing it.

I feel like this :( I definitely think having snow makes the town look worse, so you might feel differently once its all gone. (At least that's what I'm hoping for myself, lol) I also have an obsession with making everything symmetrical, which is sometimes impossible with the layout of the town, and all the spacial requirements. It's really a handicap to my creativity because all the dream towns I've seen that are gorgeous don't put too much importance on symmetry, and they can do more. I'm hoping once the snow is all gone, that I won't feel as though everything is so ugly haha

No, because I have my own style and personal goals on how I want my town to be then stick with them. I enjoy visiting dream towns though. I acknowledge whenever I see people put a ton of effort in theirs.

I feel like a big insecurity for me (besides how the snow is making things look) is my river. It takes up so much space, so the way my town is laid out there isn't a lot of room for creativity or things like that. I can't really change things up because they have to go a certain way due to my river so it sucks. Most towns I see have a lot of space and lots of room for things.

I feel like a big insecurity for me (besides how the snow is making things look) is my river. It takes up so much space, so the way my town is laid out there isn't a lot of room for creativity or things like that. I can't really change things up because they have to go a certain way due to my river so it sucks. Most towns I see have a lot of space and lots of room for things.

Ugh, I totally understand your pain. My river takes up a lot of space too :( It also makes the space along my train station really thin so that I can't really do anything with both sides D:

Ugh, I totally understand your pain. My river takes up a lot of space too :( It also makes the space along my train station really thin so that I can't really do anything with both sides D:

That is exactly how it is in my town. I have the campsite on one side, and Lolly's house on the other side but the rest is so thin I can't come up with any way to make it look nice. Right now I have some cedar trees randomly planted but it doesn't look so good but I have no idea what else to do.

I wouldn't say i feel insecure, but when I see a town where everything is lined up at perfect right angles and equally spaced apart I get really jealous. I guess they're probably hacking but I love how clean it looks. That being said I prefer more simple designs so I find most dream towns a little busy looking for my taste.

Last edited:
Not really. I like to go there for ideas, to play, explore, and have fun. I wouldn't spend 500 bells to go there if it wasn't a pleasant experience for me.

yeah, kinda... i mean, i'm not good at all with my town. i've laid down a few patterns, chopped down all my cherry trees, and planted bamboo but other than that it isn't very pretty at all x'D not to mention that i have a big dislike for cherry trees, i had cherry trees back in wild world and i keep regretting not restarting my town the moment i saw that i had cherry trees! my dream trees are apple trees ;v; also the way my town layout is, there's not as much land area than i would like... again the regret for not restarting lol.

Yes a bit, I always think that my town doesn't look as good...

Last edited:
No, but I love and hate going to towns which are great, especially the towns of forum users.

Nope! if anything it just gives me inspiration to work on my town more!

Other than a not so great map and bad mayor house placement I still love my town just the way it is! :)

I love visiting towns and see what people do with theirs, but I love the refined look of my town and plan on keeping it the way I like it.

I get what you mean exactly, I always see other towns and I think "why am I not creative enough to create something like this?" and it's always lead to the resetting of my towns because of it. So I tend to avoid the dream suite because of it, since i've decided that I should just make my town the way I want it to look/feel before looking at other towns and becoming insecure about my town. I say it's just a natural response to almost any town that isn't yours. As sometimes when I visit my brothers town which is quite underdeveloped, I still feel like my town is small compared to his. So whenever I feel like that, I keep in mind that my town is my town, and there's no other town like it so I shouldn't feel discouraged that my town doesn't look like another's because that's what makes it unique and different.

Back