• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What is your opinion on Vocaloids?

Poll: What is your opinion on Vocaloids?

• Love them

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Hate them

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • Don't know

Votes: 21 33.9%
  • What are Vocaloids?

Votes: 6 9.7%

• Total voters
i love vocaloids obviously !! theyre really cool imo because anyone can make songs with them, theyre a rlly good idea ^^ i could go on for a long tme about how much i love them, rip

*sees vocaloid thread*
*CLICK*

Well uh I'm freaking vocaloid trash. I got into them maybe summer last year after hearing Mind Brand on someone's art stream. I really liked it so I searched it up. I listened to some other songs by the artist MARETU and my boundary just expanded. I pirated got the program along with waaay too many some voice banks a few months ago. I started by just doing random goofing-around stuff and I eventually started doing covers.
I think it's really neat and it's amazing what artists can do with it. Some of my favorite Vocaloids themself are Oliver, flower, Mayu, Fukase, and Yuzuki Yukari. I reallllyyyy like the songs by MARETU, GHOST, Kurage-P, Curcus-P, Eyeris, and Kairiki Bear. There's obviously some songs not by them I love but YEAH.
oi heres my playlist of fave songs
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIW62VjqNTXkbEYoAKn4FmH1vRw_gDMGm

I like them. The robotic sound lends well to certain styles of music, and there are some really good artists who use Vocaloids. There is a metric ton of absolutely garbage songs with them though, and I can understand why so many people don't like them.

There is a metric ton of absolutely garbage songs with them though, and I can understand why so many people don't like them.
Pretty much. Some people will only listen to like one song and say "OOH BOY THIS IS ****"
Like usually it'll be one of the realllyyyy popular songs that are in the games or something. Imo I'm not really a fan of like any of those. People will just get a bad first impression a lot of the time

I enjoy listening to them! When I first started hearing them I thought they sounded a little too robotic but now after listening to vocaloids for years ever since I was little but now I've totally gotten use to it.

Pretty much. Some people will only listen to like one song and say "OOH BOY THIS IS ****"
Like usually it'll be one of the realllyyyy popular songs that are in the games or something. Imo I'm not really a fan of like any of those. People will just get a bad first impression a lot of the time

ye my heart cries when someone has only heard butterfly on your right shoulder, rolling girl, just be friends and world is mine.. people are allowed to have their own opinions obviously but theres so much more to vocaloid than those songs

their popularity had flared when i was in....i wanna say 10th/11th grade? they started out fun until people got crazy obsessive, and sadly my liking for them faded shortly after. I was just tired of hearing the same 3 popular songs ooooover and over, leekspin became less and less funny, all my friends had triple baka for their ringtones, etc...it just became really awful after awhile XD

Back when Vocaloid was first becoming popular, I used to try to avoid it and the popularity surrounding it. That was back during my "avoid anything popular" phase that I eventually got over.

Right now I'd say that I enjoy a few of their songs and will listen to them occasionally, but I don't really like them enough to consider myself a fan. q:

I went through a major vocaloid phase when I was younger but that was a good few years ago. Still have a few favourite songs that I go back and listen to every now and then though!

Back